over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Adrenal Fatigue Help

Your welcome MissQ.
I think in this sport we place high standards and demands on our bodies, on top of the everyday stresses that we have from jobs,families and life in general.
The hard training, drugs, supplements and diets can really contribute to pushing us right into adrenal burnout, I have had it several times to the point where I was falling asleep at the wheel of my car in the middle of the day.

Get some rest and get better soon.

Very true ajdos, very true....

Did you cure yours the more natural way with - Melatonin, Vit C, Licorice Root etc....or have you tried Humanafort or Revamp? I guess I am wanting to know which is the quickest and best way to get rid of adrenal burnout! I am SO SICK of feeling lethargic:(

Last edited:
Miss Q
I would look into checking Progesterone and Iron/Ferritin levels for starters.

Deficiencies with both of these will lead to reduced ACTH and Cortisol secretion.
Being a female and an athlete anemia is common.

Adrenal Fatigue [AF]

Read Wilson's book as cited earlier! See if you find that the book is talking about you.

Optimal fT3 and fT4 seem to be mid scale lab ranges and TSH near 1 is great, 2 or higher is a concern. Testing T4 and T3, bound to thyroid binding hormone, does not indicate available thyroid levels.

Reverse T3. rT3, twisted, will occupy T3 receptors but do nothing. Elevated rT3 creates an induced functional hypothyroidism. I have seen young guys induce this with over training and starvation diets. Stimulants makes things all the worse. And these guys can break their HPTA's; but that is another [sad] story.

Back to AF. Very difficult to diagnose and managing it takes time and effort. You cannot fix it with a pill.

AF creates more rT3. Your other thyroid labs can be perfect and you have symptoms of hypothyroidism. Another simple test is to check waking and mid afternoon temperatures. Waking at 97.7 is great, 97.3 or lower is getting to be a problem. And if you cannot get to 98.6 during the afternoon, that is a serious indication. So this is just one more diagnostic point.

So your fT3 is low or rT3 is blocking your fT3?

However, maybe you have subclinical hypothyroidism, or worse. The thyroid labs should pick that up. You can be suffering from iodine deficiency. This is getting quite common as more people are using sea salt [that does not contain any useful amounts of iodine] and abandoning iodized salt. If you have an uncomplicated iodine deficiency [ID], that can be resolved quite quickly with iodine replenishment [IR]. IF iodine doses need to be quite high as people store up to 1.5 grams of iodine. Maintenance doses will not get the job done. Bottom line: Do not treat ID with thyroid drugs, your doctor will not turn to iodine to fix ID.

When the thyroid and/or adrenals are not working right, the body does not cope well from the increased demands from gear or training. In a TRT context, guys who start TRT with those other systems messed up can feel worse with a whole spectrum of issues.

First post here: Some here may know me from a different forum.

Did you cure yours the more natural way with - Melatonin, Vit C, Licorice Root etc....or have you tried Humanafort or Revamp? I guess I am wanting to know which is the quickest and best way to get rid of adrenal burnout! I am SO SICK of feeling lethargic:(

Usually I have to take a week off from training, adrenal burnout usually precurses overtraining for me.
Sublingual b-12
Ashwhaganda
extra vit c
DHEA 25 mg

Are usually my mainstays and tryosine occasionally too, in order to get the problem rectified, of course if there is some thing going on in my life resolving that issue helps or as I stated earlier closing the door on a personal relationship with someone who has become a source of stress.
Just basically getting rest and some personal housekeeping usually gets me back on track.

Read Wilson's book as cited earlier! See if you find that the book is talking about you.

Optimal fT3 and fT4 seem to be mid scale lab ranges and TSH near 1 is great, 2 or higher is a concern. Testing T4 and T3, bound to thyroid binding hormone, does not indicate available thyroid levels.

Reverse T3. rT3, twisted, will occupy T3 receptors but do nothing. Elevated rT3 creates an induced functional hypothyroidism. I have seen young guys induce this with over training and starvation diets. Stimulants makes things all the worse. And these guys can break their HPTA's; but that is another [sad] story.

Back to AF. Very difficult to diagnose and managing it takes time and effort. You cannot fix it with a pill.

AF creates more rT3. Your other thyroid labs can be perfect and you have symptoms of hypothyroidism. Another simple test is to check waking and mid afternoon temperatures. Waking at 97.7 is great, 97.3 or lower is getting to be a problem. And if you cannot get to 98.6 during the afternoon, that is a serious indication. So this is just one more diagnostic point.

So your fT3 is low or rT3 is blocking your fT3?

However, maybe you have subclinical hypothyroidism, or worse. The thyroid labs should pick that up. You can be suffering from iodine deficiency. This is getting quite common as more people are using sea salt [that does not contain any useful amounts of iodine] and abandoning iodized salt. If you have an uncomplicated iodine deficiency [ID], that can be resolved quite quickly with iodine replenishment [IR]. IF iodine doses need to be quite high as people store up to 1.5 grams of iodine. Maintenance doses will not get the job done. Bottom line: Do not treat ID with thyroid drugs, your doctor will not turn to iodine to fix ID.

When the thyroid and/or adrenals are not working right, the body does not cope well from the increased demands from gear or training. In a TRT context, guys who start TRT with those other systems messed up can feel worse with a whole spectrum of issues.

First post here: Some here may know me from a different forum.

TNation KSman?

Miss Q
I would look into checking Progesterone and Iron/Ferritin levels for starters.

Deficiencies with both of these will lead to reduced ACTH and Cortisol secretion.
Being a female and an athlete anemia is common.

Usually I have to take a week off from training, adrenal burnout usually precurses overtraining for me.
Sublingual b-12
Ashwhaganda
extra vit c
DHEA 25 mg

Are usually my mainstays and tryosine occasionally too, in order to get the problem rectified, of course if there is some thing going on in my life resolving that issue helps or as I stated earlier closing the door on a personal relationship with someone who has become a source of stress.
Just basically getting rest and some personal housekeeping usually gets me back on track.

Thanks guy's! I really appreciate it and will check in to all of the above.

Thank you for all of the replies. To those that posted "tests" on how to help determine whether or not I have adrenal fatigue I have already read a lot of those on the internet and I have a lot of those problems. I ordered a variety of vitamins and supplements and almost have a plan devised that I will be implementing.

Also, I do need to take time off from the gym. I love being there but I believe that I will heal faster. After a week or two I will slowly ease my way back in with light cardio/training/etc.

I am taking T3 30MCG twice a day to clear my T3. I still only have higher temps when taking adderal, so I stopped taking it to see if I can get my self straightened out, although it seems I have had weak adrenal/ or thyroid symptoms my whole life.

I take Vitamin C, Few grams
Rhodiola
Magnesium so I can poop and for anxiety.
Beverly ultra 40 for protein and Iron Etc.
Alcar.
kelp, iodoral made me worse.

Last edited:
Addressing hypoadrenia can be very complex, finding the root cause is the best treatment, slowly putting balance back into master hormones such as Pregenolone, DHEA,nutritional deficiencies ect, Pregenolone and DHEA are neuro steroids/neuro protective,and they are precursors to other hormones.

As John Meadows pointed out, eliminating or reducing stressors, lifestyle changes are one of the biggest factors on a road to recovery.

Ever tried 7-keto dhea?

Thank you for all of the replies. To those that posted "tests" on how to help determine whether or not I have adrenal fatigue I have already read a lot of those on the internet and I have a lot of those problems. I ordered a variety of vitamins and supplements and almost have a plan devised that I will be implementing.

Also, I do need to take time off from the gym. I love being there but I believe that I will heal faster. After a week or two I will slowly ease my way back in with light cardio/training/etc.

Didn't mean to hijack your thread!!:D I am very interested to see what works for you and hope you get rid of this issue soon. I think a log about adrenal fatigue is a great idea:lightbulb::)

I have suffered miserable from adrenal fatigue from using vyvanse, ECA....etc. It makes you feel like a walking zombie....No motivation to anything.

Does supplementing with cortisol help or just make things worse in the long term?

PM me your email address and I will send you 3 studies on Humanofort 2 on humans and 1 on dogs with chusing disease. One of the studis on humans was conducted by Dr.Serrano.

Done! Thank you:)

Vitamin C
Magnesium (forms that end in "ate")
humanofort
L-tyrosine
DHEA
Pregnenolone
Various adaptogens (Licorice root, suma, Ashwaganda,Astragalus, siberian ginseng, american ginseng, rhodiola etc)

All work well for adrenal fatigue

.......Don't use an alarm clock. Just wake up naturally.

JM

I have this same adrenal issue but if I followed this ^^id never wake up! Lmao...I was over doing it so much I took off from weight training and cardio for the last 6 months after not missing a day for ten years, I've switched to daily hot yoga for the last year to try and recover

I could actually sleep my life away and have. What form of preg? I thought oral is metabolized different than endogenous preg and does't work well?

currently am being treated for it along with a couple other things since is all stress related... here is my stash

restoril 30mg as needed at night to sleep as my tolerance to benadryl and melatonin was just building and building

xanax 1mg up to 2x/day as needed, usually get by with just popping 1 before work cuz that paycheck only purposes of a job is a shithole dump

75mg/day of dhea per my dr recommendations to assist with my use of revamp supplement and poss thyroid rx..

Revamp... which nutra had a great sale on lately so picked up but has a good blend for supps for adrenal fatigue, I get by on the rec dose of 1 cap 2x/day.. front loaded a dbl dose first few days then scaled down and was like night and day different from when I suspect I hit rock bottom a couple months ago..

lastly, my thryoid tested low on labs, my tsh was fine but speculates all the stress is making my t4/t3 conversions all screwy so has me on the Rx Armour @ 1G/day.. its an raw pig thyroid med essentially, but to help give natural forms of t3/t4 to help gradually raise levels a bit, nothing drastic but I can still tell its got me with more pep in step along with everything else ...

when I run out of the revamp I will be looking to switching over to a more generic raw adrenal supp which I seen a few thru vitacost... a good bud of mine has similar make up and occupational hazards so he is an avid raw adrenal supp user to keep his adrenal fatigue in check.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Testedunitedstates
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131