over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Huge Bodybuilders tearing muscles during day to day life

desibaba

Banned
Dave Palumbo was in india and he tore his quad walking down stairs. Branch Warren tore his tricep getting out of the car. Lee Priest tore his bicep putting down a flat screen tv. Are these guys made of glass or something? I can imagine training injuries but getting hurt that easily during day to day life?

in the gym you are 100% concentrated on the weight that is about to be lifted, and the form you are going to be using to lift that weight.

In daily life you are not. I can relate to this because It seem I get some kind of injury every single time I help a friend move. Even tho the item(s) we are moving are significantly lighter than the weight I move in the gym.

my 2 cents

in the gym you are 100% concentrated on the weight that is about to be lifted, and the form you are going to be using to lift that weight.

In daily life you are not. I can relate to this because It seem I get some kind of injury every single time I help a friend move. Even tho the item(s) we are moving are significantly lighter than the weight I move in the gym.

my 2 cents

That is true but tearing your quad while walking down steps or tearing your tricep when getting out of the car is a bit weird.

Reminds me of when Sammy Sosa threw his back out sneezing. At least when at the gym body builders take time to warm up to prevent injury. Not so in day to day life.

The greater the difference between your muscle strength-integrity and tendon and ligament strength-integrity the more likely you are to have an injury

inflating muscles to cartoon like status, either through AAS, spot injections, and oil is not without its consequences, adding to that the loss of flexibility by becoming so big

Bodybuilders have no reason to work on mobility. It doesn't help you on stage. It helps in every day life though. It's amazing how many guys in the gym that aren't even big (200ish pounds) that have shitty mobility.

Bodybuilders have no reason to work on mobility. It doesn't help you on stage. It helps in every day life though. It's amazing how many guys in the gym that aren't even big (200ish pounds) that have shitty mobility.

I'm just the opposite. I'm told I move like a Gazzelle.

Most of the injuries I end up with have nothing to do with training or anything of the sort. It's always stupid real-world stuff. Moving heavy furniture has messed up my bicep tendons more times than I care to remember.

How about Ray Lewis - his recent and possible career ending tricep tear. We all know he is jacked to the gills.

Dave Palumbo was in india and he tore his quad walking down stairs. Branch Warren tore his tricep getting out of the car. Lee Priest tore his bicep putting down a flat screen tv. Are these guys made of glass or something? I can imagine training injuries but getting hurt that easily during day to day life?

they were probably injured to begin with, and how the injury took place was the straw that broke the camels back

Dave fell down the stairs in India and tore his tendons and quad and branch tore his tricep while falling down a flight of stairs at his house, that could happen to any of us, also branch tore his quad when he was in a parking lot and attempting to step into his car. The pavement was slick and his left foot slipped out from under him. He fell onto his left leg and heard/felt a "SNAP" from his left knee/quad area. so I don't think they get injured as easy as you put it...

I think it happens to many people but we just don't hear much about it since they are not in our world. A buddy of mine jumped down from a height of 1.5 feet to stop a brawl that got started during a wedding. He's in pretty good shape. His quad tore completely off. Shit happens man.

The stress of training puts a toll on your body and sometimes all it takes is one more little stressor for things to break. This happens to normal people all the time too. Case in point, my wife:

She worked at a gym where the gym owner was a stickler about making sure all the weights were put away how they were supposed to be at the end of the night. This meant she had to put away and even rearrange the plate racks including all the 45's. She had done this for a couple of months when one night she was reaching overhead to close a window and "POP" she herniates the disc at the transition of her thoracic and cervical vertebrae. She wasn't doing any heavy lifting at the time, but the cumulative stresses mixed with that one last stress caused a major injury.

Wow, these stories are making me scared to get out of bed. Even Jay's injury to his bicep was pretty unexpected. He was just setting down db's after doing incline presses and rip. Seems like barely anybody gets injured while actually exercising the muscle.

all my injury's happen out side the gym

dived into bed once and tore my quad
jumped out all a van the other day and strained my hip area
finished a calf workout and went home a tore my calf walking up the stairs

Two days ago I threw my back out while smashing a possum with a shovel. My dog had injured it badly, and I wanted to put an end to its suffering.

I remember reading a thread a long time ago where one of the theories posed was a possible "hypersaturation of the muscles" effect. basically saying that the extreme fluid and glycogen stores from all the slin and other supps potentially making for an overall strong yet structurally weak muscle. basically bro science stuff with no real science behind it (as far as I know), but an interesting thought.

All of my tendon ruptures have been the result of sudden, immediate, unexpected reactions.

As touched on prior, my muscles have become acclimated to heavy, controlled, predictable loads from decades in the gym but have never become accustomed to unseen, unpredictable reactionary loads.

Imagine a quad tendon while squatting: slow controlled resistance gradually introduced to the tendon. Now imagine slipping on ice, or falling down stairs: you just react instinctively to try and prevent loss of balance and injury. That introduces and instant full effort load on to the tendon to which it's not used to. You contract a quad instantly and the weakest link lets loose, which is the tendon.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Anshely
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131