over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Afraid to come "off"

If you want to be off everything you could try HCG for a very long time, but tbh TRT at 200mg a week is smarter and probably healthier :)

i can tell my exp,i was on for about 18 months,about the same age as you,i came off,ran a pct for 8 weeks,my test levels are in the mid 300s,i can tell you if you do want to come off,to recover as much as you will recover,will probable take about a year.

Im 41, 6ft, 245 pounds, not cut but fairly lean muscle. Ive been on now since last February. I started with 500mg Test, 350mg Tren, did that for about 8-12 weeks, after that maintained about 700mg of test a week, followed by another Test/Tren cycle during the summer. Ive been on Test, 850mg a week for the rest of the year. This is the longerst time Ive even spent "on".
Im just not feeling it anymore. No longer making gains of any kind, so Im now contemplating the inevitable, coming off for awhile. Clomid and Nolvadex for a month and see if my natural test comes back.
Im afraid of a few things, well, getting smaller, I guess thats just a psycological issue I need to deal with anyway. After a while you are known and admired for your physique, it becomes what you are known for, your identity.
Im also worried about my natural test coming back to any decent level, I mean, Im 41, getting older, I guess I cant expect it to be like it was in my 20's or 30's. What do you guys think? Are any other 40something guys coming off and getting their natural test back up?
But I think my body and my receptors need a break, Im gonna try to get my balls back to producing, for a while anyway, then start again sometime after the first of the year. Kind of scared of facing this, especially after nearly a year, any comments or suggestions appreciated.

I agree with the other comments. Coming off completely at this stage is unlikely to be an enjoyable experience. TRT is a good idea. Maybe use Dr. G's TRT protocol of 100mg test and 100mg tren/week for a while. Once you're stabilized on TRT for a while you can think about coming off, although there's really no need to.

TRT seems like the smartest option for quality of life, but what about if he wants to have kids?

Im 41, 6ft, 245 pounds, not cut but fairly lean muscle. Ive been on now since last February. I started with 500mg Test, 350mg Tren, did that for about 8-12 weeks, after that maintained about 700mg of test a week, followed by another Test/Tren cycle during the summer. Ive been on Test, 850mg a week for the rest of the year. This is the longerst time Ive even spent "on".
Im just not feeling it anymore. No longer making gains of any kind, so Im now contemplating the inevitable, coming off for awhile. Clomid and Nolvadex for a month and see if my natural test comes back.
Im afraid of a few things, well, getting smaller, I guess thats just a psycological issue I need to deal with anyway. After a while you are known and admired for your physique, it becomes what you are known for, your identity.
Im also worried about my natural test coming back to any decent level, I mean, Im 41, getting older, I guess I cant expect it to be like it was in my 20's or 30's. What do you guys think? Are any other 40something guys coming off and getting their natural test back up?
But I think my body and my receptors need a break, Im gonna try to get my balls back to producing, for a while anyway, then start again sometime after the first of the year. Kind of scared of facing this, especially after nearly a year, any comments or suggestions appreciated.

Do a cruise with 300mg test for 6 weeks then bump your test up to 1250mg-1500mg + anabolics and up your calories.
You should be growing again

grtz

Do a cruise with 300mg test for 6 weeks then bump your test up to 1250mg-1500mg + anabolics and up your calories.
You should be growing again

grtz

That's a high cruise man, I'd drop back to 200 if max preferably 150.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

The only reason I can see for coming off completly is if your never going to cycle again..
HRT seems alot less stressfull on the whole body than 3 mnths on then pct over and over again. Like being on a constant rollercoaster ride and still just ending up were you started.
At 200 mgs for 3 mnths I maintained all my muscle and added about 10pds upping my cals and taking more rest inbetween workouts.

Drop to HRT and stay there. What I did. Took a while and yes i lost a lot of strength but so what. Health, Health, Health, Health, Health, Health,

and once your at hrt levels for amount of time, it'll feel soo good to get back on :)

I dropped everything. No PCT, no nothing. Just came to the realization that I have more important things to do than chasing a goal that I'm never going to catch. Was at it for a long time pretty much continually.

I agree with most on here with running low doses.

I'm 42 5'8" 210is abs are very visible. i'm running low T right now and feel great. I keep my diet really clean and up the calories to 4000-4500 and have actually made gains. Consistancy is the key I think in all of this. Too many guys I think lose track of their dieting when they aren't blasting. I think thats the time to really be conscious of your diet.

I guess my original point was, "damn ive taken this cycle waay too long", time to come off. Im used to running a cycle for a few months, taking clomid and nolva, coming off for a little while, then starting again. Just to clean my system out a bit, I mean, BB, BA, and stuff like that in your bloodstream everyday cant be great for ya.
But.. I been doing this off and on for the last 10 years, took a 4 yr break in the middle, break from working out and cycling, been back at it for about 3 years now.
What I have failed to realize, is that I guess Im at that age where Im probably going to have low test anyway, so coming off and "pct", I guess these arent really in my bodybuilding vocabulary anymore, as it would be futile to, get huge, do large cycles, only to "recover", down to the low test age of 41.
Thanks everyone for the experience and advise, very helpful. Im realizing Im not so young anymore. Cruise and Blast til I crash this motherfucker into a brick wall, or the tires fall off,lol.

What i did was tappring slowly Down to 200mg a weekend for like 8weeks Them i came off everything. Been off for 16weeks now. Gain fat bit i feel so Much better now and ready to get back on. After 1
10-11week i started to get strong again and my balls have gotten Big again. Bur week 4-9 was NOT that great. Joints NOT feelings Well was getting weaker.
But in the end of the tunnel there was light. Love being off.

I disagree with 95% of the people here. With a good PCT you can definately go off and recover faster then most of you guys think. I was in the same position....but i was on for 3 years....not just 1 year. Tried to come off last year by taking a little bit HCG and Nolvadex. Felt like shit....worst 4 months of my life so i decided to go back on cycle again. After much reading i tried again with great succes. Tapered of the Test E and took a power pct (20 days 2000iu hcg eod, 30 days 100mg clomid ed and 45 days 20mg nolva ed). I also started with peptides and HGH for the first time. In addition i took some DAA, maca etc to give my libido a boost. I didnt lose any muscle, even gained a few pounds and stayed very lean (7%). Libido never dropped hard...just a few days that it was a little less but thats perfectly normal. Due to the HGH and peptides it still feels like im on cycle.

Last edited:
"UPDATE", Been on 200mg cypionate for about a month. Ive lost just a little size but not too much at all. I feel very "clean " at this low dose. Ive taken off from the gym since Christmas, just needed a little break. Spring is on its way, so Im about to get back and start hitting it hard again.
I just really needed a break, and Im enjoying it, looking forward to my next cycle this summer. This "cruise" thing feels very clean and natural.

I disagree with 95% of the people here. With a good PCT you can definately go off and recover faster then most of you guys think. I was in the same position....but i was on for 3 years....not just 1 year. Tried to come off last year by taking a little bit HCG and Nolvadex. Felt like shit....worst 4 months of my life so i decided to go back on cycle again. After much reading i tried again with great succes. Tapered of the Test E and took a power pct (20 days 2000iu hcg eod, 30 days 100mg clomid ed and 45 days 20mg nolva ed). I also started with peptides and HGH for the first time. In addition i took some DAA, maca etc to give my libido a boost. I didnt lose any muscle, even gained a few pounds and stayed very lean (7%). Libido never dropped hard...just a few days that it was a little less but thats perfectly normal. Due to the HGH and peptides it still feels like im on cycle.

I agree with you.

All this talk of staying on indefinitely/doing self administered HRT is excessive. Yet it may not be easy coming off, but it will be worth it in terms of health.

Your 'cruise' of 850mg test is a lot by many people's standards, and it will be in your system for a long time when you come 'off.' I would personally switch to a lower dose of something quick acting like prop for 3 weeks before coming off completely. I know that some like to use a low dose of dbol in the am (10mg) instead of this, but this is a personal choice.

Once off and with your system free of most of the excess test, then do decent run of HCG. There are many protocols for using it but all I would say is don't fall into the trap of more=better. For HCG that is not the case.

Use nolva and clomid as you would normally but again, don't think massive doses are the answer. I would imagine the protocol above would be fine, although I personally like slightly lower doses.

I believe HMG is also rated by many, but haven't used it myself so can't give you any help there.

I would also change your training a little so that you don't get too focussed on any changes in strength etc.

Good luck!

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinFinch
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner