over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

A Thread for us tall guys

im 6'1 250lbs.

I think the majority of guys above 6ft struggle with leg development, Im lucky as I have shorter than average legs for a tall guy but have a long torso. We almost always have high lat insertions which sucks for competitive bodybuilding.

I think it just takes longer for us, once we fill out our bigger frames over a decade or so, we look 3 x the size of shorter guys.

I know how you feel about the squat.I'm 6'3',try and use a wide as possible stance that you can to shorten the distance.It will also help you from leaning to far forward.

Being tall and white is the greatest think that can happen to an American. What are you bitching about OP?

God knows how many white people I know that go tanning ;)))

God knows how many girls I know that like TAN JUICEHEADS

I'm 6'2" and agree with squatting...Its a very unnatural feeling...lots of tension on my lower back...stopped doing it... for legs I do:

- Extensions, light warm up
- leg press ( drop sets)
- hack squats ( drops sets)

****for quads..... I also do hamstring work as well******

I switch from going heavy 6-8 rep range for one workout and the other one doing giant sets (extensions,leg press & hack squats) moderate weight 12-15 rep range

Doing this I've made the best gains with my legs

I do maybe 1 heavy day a month for a shock and the other leg days are the moderate weight with a little more volume...

Good thread to exchange info with each other on what works....keep it coming!!!!

Last edited:
Being a 6'4 bodybuilder can be difficult. I know all About the tall and lanky look. Although muscle shape is purely DNA, focusing on the most important muscle groups that are harder to 'fill out'. Focusing on legs are priority. .

Those 5'7'' guys would LOVEEE to give all their muscles to be 6'3'' like you... I have a buddy who is 5'9'' 250 pounds and he is very insecure about his height, and I think that's one of the reasons why he juiced up

Don't be a child , god has given you a gift, so appreciate it

yes it is harder to workout and you need to put on a lot more muscles to fill the frame but you just have to be more patient.

I actually don't mind being 5'7, and I sure wouldn't give all my muscle up to be 6'3

I'm 6'2" and agree with squatting...Its a very unnatural feeling...lots of tension on my lower back...stopped doing it... for legs I do:

- Extensions, light warm up
- leg press ( drop sets)
- hack squats ( drops sets)

****for quads..... I also do hamstring work as well******

I switch from going heavy 6-8 rep range for one workout and the other one doing giant sets (extensions,leg press & hack squats) moderate weight 12-15 rep range

Doing this I've made the best gains with my legs

I do maybe 1 heavy day a month for a shock and the other leg days are the moderate weight with a little more volume...

Good thread to exchange info with each other on what works....keep it coming!!!!

I'm with you on this, my lower back can't handle squats either. I've tried and tried over the years. And when I did squat I didn't gain any quality size.
My upper legs mainly consist of Hack Squats and leg presses. I hit them from all different angles and weights, fast slow etc....
Seems to work better and they have good size but still look thin cause of how long my limbs are.
I'm a 33 waist but need to wear 36-38 pants cause of my upper legs, but they still don't look big lol

I'm 6'3 250 lbs. I have long limbs and have always struggled with the "bodybuilder" look. When I look in the mirror all I see is a buff basketball player or a NFL safety. Im currently consuming 550/620 carbs (low/high days), 350 protein, and 115 fat which is usually 5000 calories a day. I have a fast metabolism and I usually keep a 6 pack all year round. I workout 5-6 days a week and hit every muscle twice. The biggest lift I struggled with as a taller individual with long femurs was the squat.

By tall guys Im referring to individuals over 6'. What challenges have you faced on your journey to getting the physique you want? What advice do you have for other tall guys (diet, certain lifts)? Does it also piss you off when you see these 5'7 235 lb guys gettin more gym respect than you?

I am a bit over 6'3 and never wanted to be shorter never ever.

What i have found works for my body:
- higher cals/and carbs no matter bulking or cutting I need calories and carbs if I do not get enough I lose size very quickly and what is lost is lost it is very hard to regain everything again
- heavy weights do not work very well for my body, i need moderate to light weights lots of sets ar reps
- no cardio when putting on muscle, very minimal when cutting
- high test+slin+pepts/hgh = was biggest version of myself, low test,high anabolic (tren/deca/npp) does not put much muscle on me

There are plenty of taller and bigger guys than me but I am pretty happy with what I have
Me when bulking ~245

Attachments

• bulk2013.jpg
    bulk2013.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 238
I am a bit over 6'3 and never wanted to be shorter never ever.

What i have found works for my body:
- higher cals/and carbs no matter bulking or cutting I need calories and carbs if I do not get enough I lose size very quickly and what is lost is lost it is very hard to regain everything again
- heavy weights do not work very well for my body, i need moderate to light weights lots of sets ar reps
- no cardio when putting on muscle, very minimal when cutting
- high test+slin+pepts/hgh = was biggest version of myself, low test,high anabolic (tren/deca/npp) does not put much muscle on me

There are plenty of taller and bigger guys than me but I am pretty happy with what I have
Me when bulking ~245

I also need calories bulking or cutting...simply add a little cardio and I lean up fast....
And as far as gear for the longest I've done moderate test/ high anabolics and still
had trouble putting on a lot of size....recently went up to 1200mg of test and put on
13 pounds in 7wks...
What's been my problem is no appetite....the game changer for me has been ghrp 2 250mcg
3-4 times a day....it's helped me get a little over 4000 cals a day....

Those 5'7'' guys would LOVEEE to give all their muscles to be 6'3'' like you... I have a buddy who is 5'9'' 250 pounds and he is very insecure about his height, and I think that's one of the reasons why he juiced up

Don't be a child , god has given you a gift, so appreciate it

yes it is harder to workout and you need to put on a lot more muscles to fill the frame but you just have to be more patient.

I am 5'5". Seems like the tall guys are the ones that are insecure. What does being 6' or over afford me? Nothing. I am quite comfortable and secure with my height. Would rather be short and thick than look like a number 2 pencil. Wish you all the best in filling in that tall frame. Good Luck.

Im no monster at 6'1" 240 right now, competed last just barely a super at 226.4 (not ripped enough), but my big problem is the lower tie in of lats. No matter what I do, that struggles, even after 30 years of lifting. I have a longer torso, shorter legs than most at my height, so squats and building agood sweeping quads were never a problem until I destroyed my patella tendons. Calves tend to lag too, high tie ins

6'-5" 275 pounds here.

Deadlifts are my biggest nemesis. No matter what I try I never feel comfortable with the motion. I've tried shifting to sumo style and although there is some improvement it still feels totally unnatural.

Machines are designed for average height people. As a tall guy I really have to pay attention to the mechanics of each machine to minimize the risk of injury.

I still wouldn't trade being tall for anything though. Some days it sucks looking in the mirror at a 19" arm and perceiving it as small when shorter guys look monstrous at the same size. Or realizing that in order to look truly huge I would have to weigh 350+ pounds. Most everywhere I go I am the beast in the room. Some day that might also apply to the gym. Until then I keep working my ass off.

I am 5'5". Seems like the tall guys are the ones that are insecure. What does being 6' or over afford me? Nothing. I am quite comfortable and secure with my height. Would rather be short and thick than look like a number 2 pencil. Wish you all the best in filling in that tall frame. Good Luck.

I don't know 1 guy your height that wouldn't want to be taller. It's cool that your secure about your height. I'm 6'3 and wish I was taller.

That guy lied. Nobody wants to be 5'5". You can't even reach certain things in a grocery store, that has to get old. I'm 6'1 and wouldn't mind a few more inches.

How about posting up some of yall diets for the tall guys to help give idea of what all we're eating.. To grow at the height.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear