over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Do you really need fast sugars after slininjection

Geoffke

Banned
This morning I did 8IU novorapid before breakfast.
Normally I do shake after but I was to lazy and just ate my oatmeal/eggwhites.
I feel fine and no hypo...
Do I really need this sugarshake after my injection?

thx

I thought you had liver failure??

This morning I did 8IU novorapid before breakfast.
Normally I do shake after but I was to lazy and just ate my oatmeal/eggwhites.
I feel fine and no hypo...
Do I really need this sugarshake after my injection?

thx

LOL. This shit again. It depends on the insulin used and what you have had already that day ...and your sensitivity to insulin. With fast insulin and your first meal of the day, oatmeal wont always be fast enough. Maybe you are quite resistant already.

LOL. This shit again. It depends on the insulin used and what you have had already that day ...and your sensitivity to insulin. With fast insulin and your first meal of the day, oatmeal wont always be fast enough. Maybe you are quite resistant already.

Does that mean I have to up my slindose?

Does that mean I have to up my slindose?

I would say I am glad you have a sense of humor, but you're not joking. Correct/improve your insulin sensitivity.

I almost never use simple sugars.
However I time it so the complex carbs entry is better timed for onset of insulin.
Usually I eat, wait about 10 min then inject IM.

Works fine, the body just needs glucose.

If you are using insulin regular you don't need sugar. Your oatmeal should be good enough if you get a minimum of 5 grams per unit of slin. The general rule is 10 grams of carbs per unit of slin but I'm fine on only 5. Always have glucose tabs in your pocket just in case you feel hypo. It hits out of nowhere some times which is bad if you're driving on the freeway. I came close to passing out while driving and I didn't have sugar with me. You must respect insulin!!! Buy glucose tabs.

If you are using insulin regular you don't need sugar. Your oatmeal should be good enough if you get a minimum of 5 grams per unit of slin. The general rule is 10 grams of carbs per unit of slin but I'm fine on only 5. Always have glucose tabs in your pocket just in case you feel hypo. It hits out of nowhere some times which is bad if you're driving on the freeway. I came close to passing out while driving and I didn't have sugar with me. You must respect insulin!!! Buy glucose tabs.

Thx for your input. I really like your posts. To The other childish posters. yes i posted à liverproblem thread... get over it and go on with your lives....

He's not using regular so why make up a scenario?

Thx for your input. I really like your posts. To The other childish posters. yes i posted à liverproblem thread... get over it and go on with your lives....
He didn't even answer your question regarding the insulin you're using. If you're not going to use fast carbs (which aren't necessarily a drink), then you might not want to use fast insulin. Or you better know how to time it and be ready to have close calls while you experiment. Why not use common sense. You've been here 12 yrs and seem to enjoy being ignorant.

Childish?

Man I gave you a good post and then some reality- you need it, stop acting like a dick cheese and start doing you own homework, half the info being spoon fed to you could have been found with a search here or google.

Do you need fast acting sugars after a slin inj....no. Would I highly recommend it....yes. I've used dextrose with success at 7g per iu. Even then, there have been a couple times after when I've had to gulp down a glass of OJ or real Coke to negate the effects of going hypo. Never tried glucose tabs, but I've heard they work very well, too.

Maybe you should get healthy and stop all this.

Why do you not use a blood glucose monitor? Going by feel is not good enough for health. Even diabetics with years of experience uses one. Having hypoglycemia or hyperglycemia is not good for longevity. Just look at the average lifespan of an diabetic.

Eat your carbs, oats, potato, rice or what ever, wait 10-15 mins then jab your slin, 4iu of nolva or humolog

Eat your carbs, oats, potato, rice or what ever, wait 10-15 mins then jab your slin, 4iu of nolva or humolog
Look, he's already stated he's at 8iu and knowing this guy, he will be at 20iu's soon. Forget the safe "timing" of slow carbs and small amounts of slin. Next we will read he just got out of the hospital because he did a number on himself.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Antonyfits
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131