over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Fakri Mubarak in Kidney failure

With readings like that while, even while on AAS, you are going to live forever!!!

Got a feeling the blood pressure device is wrong, I’m gona go the pharmacy and get them to test it next week on there expensive machine

Numbers are too good to be true

Got a feeling the blood pressure device is wrong, I’m gona go the pharmacy and get them to test it next week on there expensive machine

A wrist cuff machine is best IMO for bodybuilders for a home device because our arms are too big usually and throw off the reading. Even a good wrist cuff is typically 10 points different than when they properly test you in a doctor’s office with a large arm cuff. But it’s good for getting a pattern established with daily testing at home.
I wish lisinopril worked on me. They put me on every drug there was and only clonidine helped. But clonidine is a horrible drug! Terrible side effects! It caused me injury after injury in the gym. Bad injuries which i would have to work around for 5 months. Then, just when it’s semi/healed it would tear again. It’s poison!!! I’m afraid to take blood pressure meds because of it.
Maybe I’ll try lisinopril again. It was the first drug they put me on. That was 25 years ago. I just don’t want anything that will cause injuries again. Definitely no diuretics!!!

When you get to the pharmacy you need to sit, rest, and relax for 5 - 10 minutes. Driving and traffic on the way there, walking in, etc., are all going to raise your blood pressure. That's why at home devices are the most reliable way.

everyone jumping on BP drugs but no one mentioning upping cardio and improving diet. I'm not judging just throwing this out there, obviously better than just ignoring the situation. i'm 44 and heavy for my height but the stepper and a diet based on what I have learned from Shelby and Phil over the years keeps my BP around 115/65. im sure genetics play a part but so doesn't prevention. meds should be a last ditch effort only after cardio and diet have been applied. please stay healthy.

everyone jumping on BP drugs but no one mentioning upping cardio and improving diet. I'm not judging just throwing this out there, obviously better than just ignoring the situation. i'm 44 and heavy for my height but the stepper and a diet based on what I have learned from Shelby and Phil over the years keeps my BP around 115/65. im sure genetics play a part but so doesn't prevention. meds should be a last ditch effort only after cardio and diet have been applied. please stay healthy.
Nobody mentioned not smoking either... cardio and healthy diet should be a given for bodybuilders whether they have BP issues or not.

Also, the high BP issues caused by high dose AAS use generally cannot be corrected without meds. And even if you could bring down your BP in that situation to an acceptable level without BP meds, you should still consider taking low dose ARBs and beta blockers: AAS do damage not just via high BP and these two classes of drugs (along with others) can help prevent that damage (primarily to heart and kidneys).

So no, meds should not be a last resort, they should be considered in everyone who takes AAS at a level higher than TRT. Caveats apply. For example if you have too low blood pressure, allergies, or some rare heart pathology, then these drugs may be contraindicated. Search for posts of gotgame and others on this topic for more info.

This thread seriously motivated me. I have had my head in the sand. For bout 8 years i have had consistent bp of 170/100 to 190/120 depending if i was on a blast or a cruise. Heart rate 90-110 depending...

i immediately bought cardiotone and started it yesterday. 1 pill in am 1 pill in the eve.

i also ordered some lisinopril and its on the way.

I have already lost bout 10lbs of muscle by eating less. Going to add alot more cardio. usually just walk on incline. need to run/walk and actually get in the cardio zone.

you guys saying it must feel like hell at that high of bp on a daily basis. Not really or i would do something about it. its been very easy to ignore.
-F2S

Why not see a cardiologist and get looked at for real? Maybe an echocardiogram to see if any damage has been done. Have the doctor chose your meds instead of you ordering your own. Not a good move on your part IMO, but it is better than what you have been doing.

A wrist cuff machine is best IMO for bodybuilders for a home device because our arms are too big usually and throw off the reading. Even a good wrist cuff is typically 10 points different than when they properly test you in a doctor’s office with a large arm cuff. But it’s good for getting a pattern established with daily testing at home.
I wish lisinopril worked on me. They put me on every drug there was and only clonidine helped. But clonidine is a horrible drug! Terrible side effects! It caused me injury after injury in the gym. Bad injuries which i would have to work around for 5 months. Then, just when it’s semi/healed it would tear again. It’s poison!!! I’m afraid to take blood pressure meds because of it.
Maybe I’ll try lisinopril again. It was the first drug they put me on. That was 25 years ago. I just don’t want anything that will cause injuries again. Definitely no diuretics!!!

I’ll see if I can buy a wrist cuff for this machine then, see if the score is any different

That clonidine sound terrible, just looked at all the side effects listed on line

I’d go back the doctors if I was you and see if there is any other meds you can try, maybe beta blockers or something eles that lowers blood pressure

Nobody mentioned not smoking either... cardio and healthy diet should be a given for bodybuilders whether they have BP issues or not.

Also, the high BP issues caused by high dose AAS use generally cannot be corrected without meds. And even if you could bring down your BP in that situation to an acceptable level without BP meds, you should still consider taking low dose ARBs and beta blockers: AAS do damage not just via high BP and these two classes of drugs (along with others) can help prevent that damage (primarily to heart and kidneys).

So no, meds should not be a last resort, they should be considered in everyone who takes AAS at a level higher than TRT. Caveats apply. For example if you have too low blood pressure, allergies, or some rare heart pathology, then these drugs may be contraindicated. Search for posts of gotgame and others on this topic for more info.

My experience is that most bodybuilders phone it in on the cardio, they either don't do it enough or don't do it intensely enough. You can do insane amounts of BP increasing PEDs and still keep BP low if you are doing an hour of hard cardio per day.

In SOME people, BP meds are necessary to keep BP in check, but cardio is more than sufficient for most, if done correctly.

I would guesstimate that 1 in 10 bodybuilders do sufficient cardio to keep BP low.

My experience is that most bodybuilders phone it in on the cardio, they either don't do it enough or don't do it intensely enough. You can do insane amounts of BP increasing PEDs and still keep BP low if you are doing an hour of hard cardio per day.

In SOME people, BP meds are necessary to keep BP in check, but cardio is more than sufficient for most, if done correctly.

I would guesstimate that 1 in 10 bodybuilders do sufficient cardio to keep BP low.

What forms of cardio do you like, and what do you classify as "hard"

How do you like to lay out that much hard cardio without interfering with other things or hammering your recovery?

How has clonidine caused you injuries? I dont understand how thats possible. I've been on .2 clonidine a day for the last three years and I literally have not noticed one single side effect. In fact I love how clonidine helps me if I happen to have a panic attack so I dont have to take something stronger like Xanax. Also helps me get to sleep at night and calms me down. lowers my blood pressure. I just get this calm relaxed feeling after i take it, even three years later. I only use it at night though because if I take it in the morning i'm too tired. other than that noticed nothing but benefits.

Last edited:

What's your take on intense enough? Most go by keeping heart rate in a certain range or if you're able to keep a conversation.

Keep in mind that it is much easier to earn a pro card now, then it was 20 years ago.

Apparently :D

I think he will be seriously disappointed about the amount of muscle left once properly dieted down. He's making everything spoken about in this thread that much worse by being so terribly bloated (and fat). Look at his face ffs! If you didn't know the body that came along with it, you'd think he'd be just another obese American Taco Bell-addict :p

I’ll see if I can buy a wrist cuff for this machine then, see if the score is any different

That clonidine sound terrible, just looked at all the side effects listed on line

I’d go back the doctors if I was you and see if there is any other meds you can try, maybe beta blockers or something eles that lowers blood pressure

Wrist monitors are innacurate. Get the Omron 10 series or Life Source monitor. Most highly regarded ones you can get.

the biggest risk 'in this game' is ignoring said risks... King Q or whatever, Fakiri.. i mean shit..

how many bodybuilders survived heart attacks only to keep pushing the envelope?

both Art Atwood and Mike Matarazzo got VERY clear and distinct warnings... but didn't quit.

we've had members on this board who would still be alive if they pulled the plug on a dream that they secretly knew would NEVER HAPPEN.

im sure Dallas felt like absolute shit day in and day out..

fucking hell
I agree! I often wondered how Dallas really felt,,i bet he did feel like shit near the end.

I agree! I often wondered how Dallas really felt,,i bet he did feel like shit near the end.

There were some posts I was reading by Dallas online.

He said he often felt very bad. His newest coach, Jansen, put him on a slew of health supplements, and he said he was feeling alot better.

If I recall, it was alot of supplements that people advocate on these forums. Fish oil, things for liver, blood pressure, cholesterol, heart health, etc.

It may have been "too little, too late" though. Especially against the onslaught of Tren, orals, and other steroids he was using.

So far I have gotten 5 of my friends off blood pressure meds, zero cardio just intense weight training and ketogenic diet (not long term just long enough to build up metabolic flexability).

I'm in shock with how many of you are on BP meds.

I'm in shock with how many of you are on BP meds.

IIRC, in your 'some thoughts' thread, you said that nothing really increases your blood pressure

or was that someone else? (I could be wrong).

What's your take on intense enough? Most go by keeping heart rate in a certain range or if you're able to keep a conversation.

It's different for everyone but I would recommend close to the maximum you can reasonably maintain for 30minutes straight, for me it's 130ish. I like the term "cardiovascular system fully opened up" which may take some time to get to, especially if your cardiovascular system isn't in good shape.

What forms of cardio do you like, and what do you classify as "hard"

How do you like to lay out that much hard cardio without interfering with other things or hammering your recovery?

I wouldn't recommend intervals, anything you can sustain for 30min straight isn't going to be anaerobic at all, it's all going to stay aerobic, after a few weeks of regular cardio it shouldn't impact recovery very much at all.

Last edited:
It's different for everyone but I would recommend close to the maximum you can reasonably maintain for 30minutes straight, for me it's 130ish. I like the term "cardiovascular system fully opened up" which may take some time to get to, especially if your cardiovascular system isn't in good shape.

I wouldn't recommend intervals, anything you can sustain for 30min straight isn't going to be anaerobic at all, it's all going to stay aerobic, after a few weeks of regular cardio it shouldn't impact recovery very much at all.

I've always wondered what your issue was with HIIT cardio? I lost count of how many studies I read that support it's superiority over anything steady state. I couldn't imagine going back to steady state after a few years of reaping the benefits of HIIT. Just want to hear your perspective since I am pretty sure you've read them all (I think?)

Staff online

• A50#
    Old School Moderator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
novi0jqz
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws