over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Kidney Tests - Cystatin C and Creatinine

As a rule for kidney health I run 2g of astragalus per day when on cycle.

I’m also a big fan of chanca piedra for active kidney issues.

Obviously with numbers off, adjust your cycle and lifestyle accordingly.
thanks for the comment on chanca piedra, never heard f it, but my Dad could benefit from it, he has already ordered some

thanks for the comment on chanca piedra, never heard f it, but my Dad could benefit from it, he has already ordered some
It’s a rain forest herb. Stuff works miracles as I’ve seen over the years. There’s a few others, but that one alone is the most effective in active kidney situations in my experience.

My CystatinC score was
1.06 mg/dl (0.62-1.26)

My eGFR has always been 65-75 so never very good. My serum creatinine always runs a little high - hence the eGFR.

I’m in my 50’s and it’s been like this for 20 years.

I assume based on the CystatinC score I’m good to go and zero worries?

My CystatinC score was
1.06 mg/dl (0.62-1.26)

My eGFR has always been 65-75 so never very good. My serum creatinine always runs a little high - hence the eGFR.

We seem to be similar. That is my understanding but I also posted my results and thoughts in case anyone had any other feedback.

Good to see everything in range! Are you off all gear or just on true trt? Test at 330 and estro at 11?

Good to see everything in range! Are you off all gear or just on true trt? Test at 330 and estro at 11?
At that time I had lowered my dose from 100mg down to 70mg. I honestly felt great strength wise and sex drive too (have a super sexy wife 😂) I was dealing with some crippling tendinitis for a few months so tan bloods to see if I had anything else going on. I think I had skipped a shot and maybe my last pin was almost 7 days from test. I honestly was more concerned with how low the estrogen was but regardless I bumped the dose to 150mg split twice per week. I also added 5iu GH which I hadn’t taken in about 4 years and BPC 157 and TB500. They got better in about 2 months thank god.

are you guys taking a few days off the gym before your cystatin test?

i had one this summer on cycle with no break in training
1.09 cystatin
73 egfr

just wondering if these numbers would improve much like ALT/AST does with a few days off or not going in sore.

1.09 cystatin
73 egfr

just wondering if these numbers would improve much like ALT/AST does with a few days off or not going in sore.
This one I did not train the day before.

My Cystatin-C was 0.65 when I measured it, so I was thrilled.

You guys can talk about Astragalus all you want and I agree it seems good, but any serious kidney health protocol must include an SGLT2 inhibitor like Empagliflozin/Jardiance. If you aren’t taking this, you’re not taking your kidney health seriously enough as a bodybuilder.

It is one of the biggest breakthroughs for kidney health in 30 years, as the author of the below study said.

This brand new study here included Empagliflozin, an ARB/ACE BP med, and an aldosterone inhibitor
your right you should be taking an ARB also

1.09 cystatin
73 egfr

It shouldn’t matter with Cystatin C from what I heard. For eGFR it might falsely lower it.

Years of shit eGFRs(mid 50s) and mildly elevated creatinine. Endo never worried. Randomly had protein in my urine. Ran to nephrologist. CPK was over 1800. Ran cystatin c with eGFR, former was middle of reference range, latter was 99%. So, kidneys are fine. Have to work on the CPK now. Make sure you get those cystatin c tests, gents, especially if you’re over 250 with shit eGFRs.

Another problem with eGFR other than all the ones mentioned already is the fact that it fluctuates a lot test to test (could be hydration or inflammation from a recent workout) so while a lot of you get excited when you see an increase, it might not be related to something different you've done.

This is why you need to test your Cystatin C.

My cystatin c is 1.57. I don't get that rechecked for another couple months. My egfr has been between 44 and 50 for the past year, so 61 is definitely an improvement.

Every 0.1 increase in Cystatin C is correlated with an extra 7% increased risk of death. Looks like it also has cardiovascular implications and not just kidney implications

My CystatinC score was
1.06 mg/dl (0.62-1.26)

@ NotHuman - thoughts? Is this one of those tests we want mid range or as low as possible? Sounds like the latter.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131