over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Insulin Sensitivity

Exercise-induced hypoglycemia is extremely common and normal, I've seen high 50s and low 60s many times after fasted cardio. If you have really low insulin resistance, eating sugar is going to fuck you up, sugar is practically a drug if you always eat low glycemic index carbs and have low insulin resistance.

not a lot but i do have a few puffs before bed. but never during the day
Even this is enough to lower insulin resistance in some. I smoke daily, but I'm the same as you--a few nightly tokes and I'm good to go. It actually has improved my fasting BGS, but then again, it could just be coincidence. Either way, I'll continue the trend for the time being :D

Why? His A1C should be great w/ those fasting BG levels.

Im assuming you're not on gh OP/

Because A1C gives a more accurate reading over the past 2-3 months on average. Of course those fasting BG numbers are good but an A1C would be a good thing to know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Knowing his a1c would do absolutely nothing for his current issue.

You're on gh with a 70 fasting bg? Might wanna get your gh tested.

Knowing his a1c would do absolutely nothing for his current issue.

You're on gh with a 70 fasting bg? Might wanna get your gh tested.

How so?

And plenty of people can run GH and not have horrible fasting BG. 2iu isn’t going to cause it to go sky high especially if he is low carb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What would an a1c do? Confirm that he has a low bg? That its chronic or acute?

Id recommend a fasted insulin test. Is his pancreases producing too much insulin?

a1c is an avg bg of a 90 day period pretty much. Great for other things, not so much this situation imo.

I just went through 2 doctor visits, 3 endo visits, and a bunch of bloodwork on this exact same issue. Turns out BG values in this range are totally normal and common.

Also, you will get insulin resistance from sugars being too low, it's how your body keeps your muscles from taking up glucose the brain needs.

I just went through 2 doctor visits, 3 endo visits, and a bunch of bloodwork on this exact same issue. Turns out BG values in this range are totally normal and common.

Also, you will get insulin resistance from sugars being too low, it's how your body keeps your muscles from taking up glucose the brain needs.
Awesome post. This is why many that attempt keto to correct insulin resistance quickly discover this will not fix the issue.

Pretty sure we all know what fixes that... dnp

Awesome post. This is why many that attempt keto to correct insulin resistance quickly discover this will not fix the issue.

I’m very limited in this knowledge so bare with me;

Is there some kind of health issue underlying that a Keto diet wouldn’t work to correct insulin resistance?

I would think that with healthy eating, cardio, exercise etc one would be able to correct the issue...

Also, metformin wouldn’t help the issue?

I’m very limited in this knowledge so bare with me;

Is there some kind of health issue underlying that a Keto diet wouldn’t work to correct insulin resistance?

I would think that with healthy eating, cardio, exercise etc one would be able to correct the issue...

Also, metformin wouldn’t help the issue?
Typically, the effective method for most is to simply consume a hypocaloric diet. Whether that reduction is from carbs, fats, protein, or a combination of the three, that will typically drive fasting bgs down and set the body up to better absorb nutrients (given the individual continues the deficit to get lean enough to elicit these results).

To answer your second question, metformin can certainly help regulate blood sugar. I personally view this as more of a band-aid rather than an ultimate resolution. Just my opinion on the matter.

This was explained to me by my endo (unusually smart endo I might add, specializing in diabetes) just recently and I did some research on it, it was new information to me and I was surprised. Insulin resistance is much more complex than I thought.

This was explained to me by my endo (unusually smart endo I might add, specializing in diabetes) just recently and I did some research on it, it was new information to me and I was surprised. Insulin resistance is much more complex than I thought.
Indeed, it is. The research on human physiology is constantly evolving. It keeps things interesting lol.

not a lot but i do have a few puffs before bed. but never during the day

This can be a key factor in why you go hypo. I have similar symptoms and MJ is something that greatly effects this. I recently went to a few doctors for hypoglycemia and have a few time in the past ten years. One thing that always resolves these symptoms is cessation from smoking MJ. Sucks but this might be why your blood sugar is dropping.

One thing very few people realize is that BOTH excess carbs and fat lead to insulin resistance.

It's the excess calories that cause it.

One thing very few people realize is that BOTH excess carbs and fat lead to insulin resistance.

This. I love when people say, "I'm going from high carb to low carb to high fat to help reset insulin sensitivity." Yeah, it would help if your total caloric intake was lowered but most keep caloric intake the same as what they were doing high carb.

This. I love when people say, "I'm going from high carb to low carb to high fat to help reset insulin sensitivity." Yeah, it would help if your total caloric intake was lowered but most keep caloric intake the same as what they were doing high carb.

Alright so one of you smarter guys explain...

How much fat in Keto is too much?

I mean, in another thread about calories I spoke about how me particularly, I can increase calories even from fat and protein, eliminating carbs and I look/feel way better and more clear head etc... Yet some people were saying that if calories are the same, essentially your body composition etc shouldn’t change... But I see a clear difference and have a hard time believing that...

Now it doesn’t matter about carbs for insulin resistance and sensitivity?

Yet no one here does an insulin protocol running a fat/protein diet only.... I mean, if it makes no difference what macro you eat to create an insulin response endogenously, then shouldn’t it make no difference when doing a protocol?

Yet I’m sure most guys would go hypo....

Or is it once the body is fat adapted that it creates the same insulin response/resistance? In the case of a Keto diet...

I’m just confused because there’s guys saying “don’t be shy with the fat on Keto” etc and even Dr.Serrono has a video talking about how he’ll eat a stick of butter as a snack...

I understand if one eats all foods/macros in excess you create resistance

Sorry, I’m clearly a monkey when it comes to this lol

As far as for what Dr. Serrano was saying about not being scared of fat, he was referring to someone who is in a healthy state to continue in a mass phase. If you're experiencing insulin resistance, you'll likely have to create a deficit and lose some weight to correct the issue. Can you still utilize fat as a good bulk of your calories? Absolutely, but there needs to be enough of a deficit to correct the issue.

Staff online

• A50#
    Old School Moderator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
danicatrainestapp
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws