over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Adjustable dumbbells gouging??

Use letgo or offerup, and see for latest postings in your area, I contacted people within minutes of posting their ad

I got lucky and got 275 lbs worth of plates for $100 from one guy, and an adjustable bench with a decent bar for $60 from a Jehovah's witness lol

Small minority of folks are selling it at normal price (until they figure out what's going on)
I'm in a similar boat as you. Local dude I met on FB marketplace, I just picked up 320 lbs plus a straight bar, cambered bar, and a pair of adjustable dumbbells with clips for $350.00 Spending that $$ hurt but only for about 1 day when I lifted for the first time in a month and now no regrets. Also, since school is not in session I picked up more hours at my side job and made that money back in a week.

I'm in a similar boat as you. Local dude I met on FB marketplace, I just picked up 320 lbs plus a straight bar, cambered bar, and a pair of adjustable dumbbells with clips for $350.00 Spending that $$ hurt but only for about 1 day when I lifted for the first time in a month and now no regrets. Also, since school is not in session I picked up more hours at my side job and made that money back in a week.
That's a killer deal I would not regret that one bit. You could easily sell it when gyms open up again and make your back.

I just throw the industrial sized toilet paper rolls I hoarded onto my oly bar and I'm GTG

I just throw the industrial sized toilet paper rolls I hoarded onto my oly bar and I'm GTG

I think its safe to assume that many of us that were late to the party in buying dumbbells were also too late in our quest for asswipe; so not an option.

This brings up an interesting ethical scenario. It is against the law to price gouge for certain things. For example a local 7-Eleven raised their price of hand sanitizer from .99 cents to $20 for 2oz. That was a violation of the law and they are under criminal investigation. The guy selling the adjustable dumbbell is considered a genius for doing the same thing. They both fall under supply and demand, right?

Actually, I agree with the differing views because things like hand sanitizer, soap, water, toilet paper, rubber gloves, facemasks, food etc. those are all things that sustain life and I do not agree with people jacking up the prices. Whereas dumbbells, workout equipment, flat screen TV's, Netflix, running shoes etc. are luxury items and I am OK with people charging more depending on demand.

Still a sleaze bag move, not genius, just a real bad look. They are not necessary for life but if you are the type of person that likes to take advantage of others, you may be a good business person, but not someone I would ever trust or want to be friends with.

not sure about where to purchase
POWERBLOCK
had mine for 10+ years and they still work great
I got the 90lb set originally but wound up needing the upgrade to the 130
Probably small compared to most on this board so I'd suggest starting with the biggest option you can get

shit, you should see the price of fax machines now!?!?!?! Its unreal the gouging they are doing.
I went into my Amazon.com account to re-order a fax machine for one of my Restaurant partners we deliver for. 2 years ago and no pandemic I bought this lil cheap but effective fax machine for $39 now EXACT same fax machine is $199!?!?!? freaking unreal and shitty that people/biz get greedy and charge whatever they want cuz they CAN. just cuz you can doesn't mean its right. I feel that's like me raising my Delivery Fee's cuz I can and cuz I know people need delivery now more than ever. I would NEVER do that. I would NEVER take advantage of a situation like this to make more profit. greedy bastards.
-F2S

not sure about where to purchase
POWERBLOCK
had mine for 10+ years and they still work great
I got the 90lb set originally but wound up needing the upgrade to the 130
Probably small compared to most on this board so I'd suggest starting with the biggest option you can get
Not sure if that link was correct for what I have here is a pic to show

Attachments

• IMG-1167.jpg
    IMG-1167.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG-1168.jpg
    IMG-1168.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 18
Those are really well made/designed.
Yeah and they have held up for over 10 years easily for about 5-600 bucks. Mostly go to they gym just to use tanning bed , pull-down machine , barbell squats. Most everything else I prefer dumbbells. I personally was always lifting for increased strength\athleticism so have used them solo for months. Even while using them 5-7 days a week when playing with MMA. So they have had plenty of use. Not gonna sell em any harder unless someone pays me but they seem super legit through my experience

As I mentioned in another thread. I have a pair of adjustable's I'll give away for free. But I'm not going to the trouble of mailing them so it would have to be to someone locally.

Unless someone from LA or Phoenix wants to make the trip for them. lol

Actually now that I think about it, I should trade them for hand sanitizer and toilet paper.

So IWent to purchase some adjustable dumbbells online and found they’re all sold out or marked up to to 300%. Anybody know what the deal is? Even better, anybody know where I can find a deal? Thanks in advance! You Went to purchase some adjustable dumbbells online and found they’re all sold out or marked up to to 300%. Anybody know what the deal is? Even better, anybody know where I can find a deal? Thanks in advance!

You said it, price gouging. Its supply and demand and training equipment has been a HOT commodity lately.

You can't even get 1 Powerblock for under $500 near me, its ridiculous.
That's About what I Paid 8 yrs Ago....Got the Extra Plates Though!

the 125 power blocks with stands, homies wanting just under $4k. 50lb blocks, $1K.

No joke.

Wow I got mine for like 500 I think. Remember thinking it was the equivalent of a year's gym fees if the gym charged 45 a month. Don't remember how much the extension to make it go up to 130lb was but betting about 60 bucks. Stand for them was probably around the same. So pretty sure was under a grand for the stand and the blocks going up to 130lbs. Guess I should of invested and bought a room full of them.

These are affordable and you can fit a decent amount of weight on them.

shit, you should see the price of fax machines now!?!?!?! Its unreal the gouging they are doing.
I went into my Amazon.com account to re-order a fax machine for one of my Restaurant partners we deliver for. 2 years ago and no pandemic I bought this lil cheap but effective fax machine for $39 now EXACT same fax machine is $199!?!?!? freaking unreal and shitty that people/biz get greedy and charge whatever they want cuz they CAN. just cuz you can doesn't mean its right. I feel that's like me raising my Delivery Fee's cuz I can and cuz I know people need delivery now more than ever. I would NEVER do that. I would NEVER take advantage of a situation like this to make more profit. greedy bastards.
-F2S

Sorry bub, no offense here but i think in this case with the fax machines, it could be operational costs that are being passed to the end user. We’re these fax machines made in America. With the massive layoffs throughout the world, do you not think supply chain has been effected. Sorry to let you in on this, but sometimes there’s a cost of doing business, and this fax machine scenario fits the bill.

Now, Dumbbells/weights for stupid prices, that’s gouging and I for one am not ashamed to say I am using it to my advantage right now. You may not like it, but it’s putting food on my table and paying some bills since I am one of the many that are on furlough at this time.

-F2S
This indeed just a supply and demand issue that happens to all aged out technology. Most companies stop making fax machines so the supply goes very low, but demand is still there for a niche market, thus the higher price. This happens to millions of electronic devices and parts, especially computer parts. It's not price gouging, it's the free market at work.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Zcrowe18
NapsGear