over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Wait patiently or smash them?

An older (mid 50's) gent, (around my age) approached my wife in the gym as she was resting in-between sets on a seated ham-curl. Yeah, she was surfing the web or something of that nature. He chattered with some sorta alpha male tone of the same douchery as you. I was on the other side of the gym doing my thing and she sends me a text "this old dude just told me off."

I approached him very low toned and kindly asked if he likes his teeth in his mouth or on the floor.

Haven't seen the fella back in the gym since.

Moral of the story, ya might get your ass handed to ya if you go throwing a little temper tantrum to the wrong individual.

Attachments

• Capture+_2020-10-05-14-55-20.png
    Capture+_2020-10-05-14-55-20.png
    201.9 KB · Views: 109
Better than him sitting at home, isn't it? Young men NEED to be more active. At least he's doing something half productive. Is it annoying? Sure, many, if not most people piss me off. I don't care if you're training for the Olympia, you're no more important than anyone else in the gym. Would've laughed my ass off if he whooped your ass. My best friend through high-school was (is) an international taekwondo champion. He was about 5'9, 160, honestly didn't look like much and was actually pretty lazy and social in the gym. Crush his iPhone if you want...never let anyone's size fool you. He actually wasn't even gym strong at all, but I bet he could hit you in the chest hard enough to stop your heart. Calm your tits and stop making big guys look like a bunch of roid raging assholes.

Truer words have not been spoken.

An older (mid 50's) gent, (around my age) approached my wife in the gym as she was resting in-between sets on a seated ham-curl. Yeah, she was surfing the web or something of that nature. He chattered with some sorta alpha male tone of the same douchery as you. I was on the other side of the gym doing my thing and she sends me a text "this old dude just told me off."

I approached him very low toned and kindly asked if he likes his teeth in his mouth or on the floor.

Moral of the story, ya might get your ass handed to ya if you go throwing a little temper tantrum to the wrong individual.

Lol exactly

Be careful with those 'little guys', if even moderately trained, they would dance around many of us, them the mongoose, you the cobra. Even basic defense is easy to take most guys down, doesn't matter how big they are. Either that or they have something waiting for you in the parking lot.

Word to the wise: Be careful who you fuck with.

If you seriously broke someone's phone over something like that, you're the maggot who shouldn't be allowed in the gym.

An advanced bodybuilder should always have multiple ways to get the stimulus they need - presses on bench / Smith / Hammer Strength; fly on cable-pulley / pec deck / Free Motion; etc. If you can't do exactly what you want that day look at it as challenging yourself with something different. The equipment isn't going anywhere, you can do what you planned on next week.
THIS ^^^^^^ good post 👍

Find yourself a new gym. There's one bench?
Some guys just do bench and pec dec for their chest workout.
But... since there's just one bench, he's being an asshole.
As far as resting in between sets...as long as his rest moments are within 1-2 minutes, it doesn't matter if he's on his phone or looking around.

I rest several minutes between sets to recover. Whether I use my phone of jerk off, who gives a shit! I’m going to rest the same amount of time regardless. If I see anyone standing near me I always ask if they want to work in, but with the strict gym Covid rules that isn’t allowed.
Lol, that exact thing happened to me a few days ago at a powerhouse gym. I forgot about the rules.

This is partially why invested thousands for my very basic garage gym. It’s not an issue. Nor is traffic. Or needing to shower before just to shower again after.... love it!

Maybe I over reacted..
This guy though is on the machine for half an hour.. And when people ask him to hurry up politely he has told numerous people to fuck off...
So someone needed to teach him.

Maybe I over reacted..
This guy though is on the machine for half an hour.. And when people ask him to hurry up politely he has told numerous people to fuck off...
So someone needed to teach him.
What did he do after you smashed his phone?

I have a situation on my gym where we have one smith machine. I am training to failure on most lifts so that smith is gold to me since I don't have a spotter. There are 2 women who fight over the machine every day, and they literally do their entire workout on it. Yesterday one of them did deadlifts, one arm overhead press, upside down leg presses, some type of bent row and then...I kid you not....CRUNCHES. Yep, she laid on a bench, unracked the bar and held it at arms length (like the starting position for a bench press) and began doing crunches. They are both older women so I cannot smash them. Instead, I always pivot, and come up with a new plan. But, it is very frustrating because I really want to get on that smith and so far I have been shut out.

Dude, have an extra protein drink before your workout and silently fart your brains out near the smith machine. Try to act like you can't help it. I'm telling you, that smith machine will be yours in no time.

What a piece of shit, that’s the guy that deserves to be told off. I hate when little men pick on women and children to make themselves feel superior. Your story made me relive something that I didn’t want to so I think I know exactly how you felt that day....

My little sister used to train hard like power lifts knees wrapped up all that good stuff, one time a guy started unracking her weights on the squat rack, she tried to stop him mid way and he said he needed to do his rows and there was a machine for squats. She was pretty shocked and didn’t know how to handle it, didn’t even want to tell me so I didn’t get myself into shit over it but eventually got it out of her what happened, I could see on her face something wrong happened. He was a big guy much bigger than me but not built just stacked shit, the fat guy that is just fat but thinks he’s built, but it doesn’t matter nobody is bigger than me if you’re messing with my sister. I think fighting is for kids you can’t fight every jackass in the world because it’s full of them, I’ll only fight to defend myself or people I love and it’s not a “let’s see who is more tough” no it’s protecting myself or my people and I’m breaking bones to incapacitate, well that ideology meant nothing that day. I walked over while he was mid set, stopped him, physically moved him out of the way and lifted the bar back to the squat position and said my sister was doing squats and there are other bars for rows. My sister said I was staring at him like I was going to eat his face and I looked like i had been demon possessed, she was right if he had said one thing or made one move I was ready to hurt him badly didn’t matter what it took. He walked off never saw him again in the gym.......this was the YMCA of all places!!! I came to find out later that other members specifically some of the seniors had similar issues with him after I told the story to the girl at the front desk just because I felt like shit about it like I did something wrong. She said they were happy I got rid of him because they would have had to say something eventually and that never goes well with that type.

He was just some jackass fatass who spent a bit of time in the gym so he thought it made him tough or something just because he was big. I probably could have handled that a lot different but I don’t know just seeing my sister so distraught like that for some BS asshole it just took me to a different place. So yea I get it, I know how you felt that day Stewie.

Your story took me back to that day and made my blood boil all over again, I hate being reminded of that day and almost get upset with myself for letting it get to me so much....weird.

I'm a patient guy, and like to teach my wife to be the same, but she's far more aggressive than I funny enough.

I usually stand nearby and quietly make myself obvious that I'm waiting while not being too much. I say nothing.
In my gym, most people have trainers. Being Japan, the trainers notice first, apologize, bow, and hustle their customer off to the next movement.
I smile and bow back.

Civility can do amazing things.

This reminds of a funny story though...

Many many years ago at Gold's Gym Everett, MA I was training next to Paul DeMayo and our mutual acquaintance Louie T.
Paul wanted to do cable rows, which was occupied by some kid. Paul was a reserved guy and didn't say anything.
Louie however went up to the kid [this is from foggy memory, read with Boston accents],

"how many sets yah got left?"
"umm 3....?"
"nah, nah yah done...!"

"oh...ok..."

When you go into the gym and have to wait for ten mins as some 140 maggot is on the chest press doing ten sets and on Facebook between every set. It's so annoying. Had this recently and the guy said he had 7 sets left so I stamped on his iphone.

What do you do?

Wait patiently and then when they are done jump in?

Smash them up for their lack of awareness of others?

Ask to jump in and treble the weight each time you do your set?

Who did you buy your TREN from? Shoot me their email plz

When you go into the gym and have to wait for ten mins as some 140 maggot is on the chest press doing ten sets and on Facebook between every set. It's so annoying. Had this recently and the guy said he had 7 sets left so I stamped on his iphone.

What do you do?

Wait patiently and then when they are done jump in?

Smash them up for their lack of awareness of others?

Ask to jump in and treble the weight each time you do your set?
You must be young or very uneducated and or on a bunch of steroids that probably ain't doing shit for you.I don't know if you trying to be funny by posting this thread. But if you not and you really smashed his phone.your a jerk off .I pay a million dollars to be that guy and you do that to me

What other's have said, plus: Flat barbell benchpress sucks anyway, you probably shouldn't be doing it.

I'm a patient guy, and like to teach my wife to be the same, but she's far more aggressive than I funny enough.

I usually stand nearby and quietly make myself obvious that I'm waiting while not being too much. I say nothing.
In my gym, most people have trainers. Being Japan, the trainers notice first, apologize, bow, and hustle their customer off to the next movement.
I smile and bow back.

Civility can do amazing things.

That actually sounds really really nice

It's not worth getting angry over. I know these days with the distancing thing and the fact that the gym took out so much equipment to make everything 6 feet apart. I mean..heck,,in my gym there's ONE benchpress..and I mean ONE left. Used to be 4.
What I do is just go early in morning and try and go when the older type crowd is there. If I see somebody on that benchpress (I always do benchpress FIRST thing anyhow) then I just use a cardio machine or treadmill where I can get a good view of that benchpress and then just do cardio for at long as it takes. If he is one of those 7+ set dudes..no problem..I just start doing real intensive stretching after 10 mins or so on machine and get prime myself to get the pump of my life. I never bother asking him nor communicating to any of them..I just wait till he is doing,,reracks his weights and then I go there very fast and get my benchpress :)
works each and every time and Im try not to be angry because it's not worth heart damage or high blood pressure which can cause cardiovascular problems down the road...

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
theswede
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131