over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Aspirin

Capin

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I did not know this but recently found out that if you think you are having a heart attack or stroke chew and swallow an aspirin it could save your life? Apparently it thins your blood almost immediately.
I take a baby aspirin every day as prescribed by my Doc

Somebody like @Stewie could probably help us but I recall that it did not actually help against clotting??? Maybe I’m way off the mark but I read some stuff on here discounting it as a good practice.

Somebody like @Stewie could probably help us but I recall that it did not actually help against clotting??? Maybe I’m way off the mark but I read some stuff on here discounting it as a good practice.
81mg asa daily will keep sticky platelets from aggregating as much as they would otherwise. So in essence, it makes them less sticky. There are also anti-cancer benefits to a baby aspirin daily.

Below are some snippets from a quick google search using words such as baby aspirin and platelets / baby aspirin and cancer.

HOPKINS STUDY SHOWS LOW-DOSE ASPIRIN SUPPRESSES CLUMPING OF BLOOD PLATELETS IN BOTH SEXES. A once-daily pill of low-dose aspirin helps lower the potential for clot-forming blood cells - in both men and women - to stick together in narrow blood vessels, a study from Johns Hopkins shows.Mar 21, 2006

The cardioprotective effects of aspirin are thought to be primarily based on inhibition of platelet production of TXA2 (thromboxane A2) [13], resulting in reduced platelet activation and aggregation.Jun 13, 2019

Based on their analysis, the research team estimated that regular aspirin use could prevent nearly 11% of colorectal cancers diagnosed in the United States each year and 8% of gastrointestinal cancers.Oct 7, 2020

I was aware of it helping platelets from sticking but I did not know it actually thins your blood also, if that is true?
And that's why I posted this to get your guys opinions on the thinning aspect.

It's common practice in ED settings if an MI or PE is suspected to chew up 3-4 81mg ASA.

I was just having this discussion with my son that's a trauma nurse.

Stroke it's not advisable.

Chew on an UNCOATED aspirin.

Aspirin can lower your Hematocrit.

Aspirin can lower blood pressure when taking at night.

It can make your blood to thin if your taking fish oils or other supplements that thin blood.
I did not know this but recently found out that if you think you are having a heart attack or stroke chew and swallow an aspirin it could save your life? Apparently it thins your blood almost immediately.
I take a baby aspirin every day as prescribed by my Doc

Chew on an UNCOATED aspirin.

Aspirin can lower your Hematocrit.

Aspirin can lower blood pressure when taking at night.

It can make your blood to thin if your taking fish oils or other supplements that thin blood.
(i.e. K2 and E/tocotrienols)

I personally just added a baby aspirin back in because I went back on trt. I was off for 6 mos - would not recommend LOL. However, I also take 3-4 doses of Vitamin K (Life Extension D,K & Sea Iodine) product. I am going to be adding Omega3's back in but also trying to implement tocotrienols(perhaps EOD or something). Tocotrienols are good for skin, hair, and likely break down arterial plaques. In Jarrow Famil-E(all 8 isomers), there are a good amount of them along with an APPROPRIATE amount of alpha-tocopherol as well as a solid amount of cancer preventative Gamma-Tocopherol.

I had basically omitted Famil-E from my supplement plan for quite some time but Vitamin E protecting the integrity of omegas oxidizing as well as the other things I listed above - is almost too much to ignore and keep out of the plan.

I personally just added a baby aspirin back in because I went back on trt. I was off for 6 mos - would not recommend LOL. However, I also take 3-4 doses of Vitamin K (Life Extension D,K & Sea Iodine) product. I am going to be adding Omega3's back in but also trying to implement tocotrienols(perhaps EOD or something). Tocotrienols are good for skin, hair, and likely break down arterial plaques. In Jarrow Famil-E(all 8 isomers), there are a good amount of them along with an APPROPRIATE amount of alpha-tocopherol as well as a solid amount of cancer preventative Gamma-Tocopherol.

I had basically omitted Famil-E from my supplement plan for quite some time but Vitamin E protecting the integrity of omegas oxidizing as well as the other things I listed above - is almost too much to ignore and keep out of the plan.
I don’t recommend pill form vitamin E unless your deficient. That’s my opinion. I know there are mixed studies.

Just one adverse effect of synthetic vitamin E. It’s from the Mayo Clinic:

Prostate cancer. Research shows that vitamin E and selenium supplements don't prevent prostate cancer. There is also concern that use of vitamin E supplements might increase the risk of prostate cancer.

Good info Knight I'm doing basically the same as you are.
What,brought this to my attention was I have a friend lifter, juicer a few weeks ago one evening his left arm went numb, heart palpitations and sweating he thought he was having a heart attack. Called 911 the first thing the EMT did was give him an aspirin. He said it would thin his blood and immediately reduce the chance of a stroke.
Turns out he had an anxiety attack.

Just one adverse effect of synthetic vitamin E. It’s from the Mayo Clinic:

Prostate cancer. Research shows that vitamin E and selenium supplements don't prevent prostate cancer. There is also concern that use of vitamin E supplements might increase the risk of prostate cancer.
The problem is people think Vitamin E is alpha tocopherol. That is just one of the 8 isomers and is often dosed far too high. By any chance, do you know if that research is based on alpha-tocopherol?

Because tocotrienols and Gamma-tocopherol (as I have already mentioned), are a different conversation. Properly dosed alpha-tocopherol (10-20iu) daily - not 400iu - is what is appropriate if I recall.

Good info Knight I'm doing basically the same as you are.
What,brought this to my attention was I have a friend lifter, juicer a few weeks ago one evening his left arm went numb, heart palpitations and sweating he thought he was having a heart attack. Called 911 the first thing the EMT did was give him an aspirin. He said it would thin his blood and immediately reduce the chance of a stroke.
Turns out he had an anxiety attack.
It wasn’t an 81 mg aspirin they gave him. It was 325 mg uncoated. 81 mg is prevention.

The problem is people think Vitamin E is alpha tocopherol. That is just one of the 8 isomers and is often dosed far too high. By any chance, do you know if that research is based on alpha-tocopherol?

Because tocotrienols and Gamma-tocopherol (as I have already mentioned), are a different conversation. Properly dosed alpha-tocopherol (10-20iu) daily - not 400iu - is what is appropriate if I recall.
Don’t know. I would have to look into it. Which I definitely will. I am Interested now... I just know synthetic Vitamin E is known for several adverse effects.

I recently quit taking aspirin after taking it for many years. Studies show it can worsen macular degeneration in those that have it. Whether it can help cause it i can't say. I take Vit K along with other supplements that thin the blood so I am not to concerned about thinning. Aspirin can be beneficial but it appears to maybe have down sides so the individual mat want to see if it will benefit them and not think it is always a good thing.

I recently quit taking aspirin after taking it for many years. Studies show it can worsen macular degeneration in those that have it. Whether it can help cause it i can't say. I take Vit K along with other supplements that thin the blood so I am not to concerned about thinning. Aspirin can be beneficial but it appears to maybe have down sides so the individual mat want to see if it will benefit them and not think it is always a good thing.
As I noted above...it isn't so much about the thinning of the blood. It is about the aggregation of platelets. You can have optimal or thin blood and still have a major problem with platelets contributing to clots.

I would take macular degeneration over cardiac related events and disease any day. If you live to be over 60 years old your almost guaranteed to get macular degeneration. It’s extremely common in seniors. How many years Or decades do you have to take aspirin to get macular degeneration? They don’t know. They just know it’s with regular users.

For someone who takes AAS, aspirin can be a cheap great additive to lower blood pressure, lower hematocrit, and platelet COX. Using aspirin only for the duration of the cycle or a time that coordinates with ones advancements is not a regular user.

It wasn’t an 81 mg aspirin they gave him. It was 325 mg uncoated. 81 mg is prevention.

It must be different application approaches geographically.

Given that, my original comment was incorrect stated on the protocol the ED implements. As it may be, my son corrected me. Again, he's worked as an RN trauma nurse at a level 1 hospital locally for a few years now. He's seen several MI's.

In the ED they administered 325mg ASA if it's a walk-in setting or an MI takes place awhile tending to a patient.

If the patient comes in by ambulance, the EMTs will administer 4-81mg ASA in route.

Attachments

• Capture+_2021-06-03-14-18-10.png
    Capture+_2021-06-03-14-18-10.png
    183.9 KB · Views: 19
It must be different application approaches geographically.

Given that, my original comment was incorrect stated on the protocol the ED implements. As it may be, my son corrected me. Again, he's worked as an RN trauma nurse at a level 1 hospital locally for a few years now. He's seen several MI's.

In the ED they administered 325mg ASA if it's a walk-in setting or an MI takes place awhile tending to a patient.

If the patient comes in by ambulance, the EMTs will administer 4-81mg ASA in route.
There are lots of conflicting aspirin information. I think prevention medicine will depend on who the medical director is.
If you read NY EMS service your original statement is correct.

“Medication Form: Tablet, Nonenteric chewable
Doage: 160mg - 325mg (2-4 chewable children's aspirin tablets) chewed by mouth

Southern Tier dosage is 324 mg.Check your regional protocols!”

I think John Meadows mentioned that they immediately gave him 3-4 Aspirins in the ambulance. I think he mentioned they were the standard strength 325mg, but I may be wrong and would have to look it up. I imagine it varies a little like stewie mentioned.

I'll let everybody know what they do with me once I have my MI:D Wait.....:eek: lol

I usually take a baby aspirin EOD when I remember....usually at night. I know there was some recent research showing Asp may not be needed, but the stuff costs like $3 at walmart and i'd rather take it until further research comes down the pipeline. It also has colorectal benefits in regards to cancer.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinFinch
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131