over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Any wine drinkers?

It's from a sulfite reaction, which is fairly common. A few drops of hydrogen peroxide in your glass will create a reaction of desulfurization. Or you could try some sulfite free wine.
It’s actually from the potassium metabisulfite used to stop the fermenting process after secondary fermentation.

I have made made competitively since I was 12 years old and have visited commercial wineries as well as boutique wineries all over the world..even the ones who claim 100% organic and everything still use it…

I have noticed however, that depending on my fining agent I can actually drink a little wine with my autoimmune disease. If I use clay or egg white? Fuck no!!

now, if I use super kleer KC I can have a few glasses with no inflammation

still taste best fines with bentonite clay though

Called dry farming I believe. They are not irrigated. I don’ recall if I, in a blind tasting, could ever tell the difference.
Lots of that going on around here but it is used primarily as a marketing ploy. But it is easy on the water table I will say that much especially if you are in a second year drought like we are.
Yeah, I'm most saying a lot of minerals have been leached by generations of grapes. I think the less water will be more beneficial if an environmental acurrance happens like a fire. These things also effect the taste

Me being an OCD freak got into wine about 10 years ago... I obviously had to know everything about it, so I became a certified Sommelier (just for the fun of it I don't work in the industry)... I don't drink as much wine as I used to when I was seriously into it... Maybe I drink once per week with my wife but that's it... However, I love to collect wine so I probably have around 500 bottles I don't drink LOL... I love to talk about wine though...

Me being an OCD freak got into wine about 10 years ago... I obviously had to know everything about it, so I became a certified Sommelier (just for the fun of it I don't work in the industry)... I don't drink as much wine as I used to when I was seriously into it... Maybe I drink once per week with my wife but that's it... However, I love to collect wine so I probably have around 500 bottles I don't drink LOL... I love to talk about wine though...
I have a few bottles I am saving and I find it hard to bring myself to drink them because then they are gone. Mine aren't anything special either.

I guess you can age some wines too long. How do you know when it's too long?

I have a few bottles I am saving and I find it hard to bring myself to drink them because then they are gone. Mine aren't anything special either.

I guess you can age some wines too long. How do you know when it's too long?
That’s something I really want to know as well. I know some people buy certain years and age them more but like you said how do you know how long?

I've been drinking just reds now. I think I read that reds age better, and that wines with higher sugar are better? Not sure.

My oldest is a Spanish wine from 2007. It was aged 10 years before it was sold, so I've had it for just 4 years. All of the wines I buy now have a special holographic sticker on them. I guess that's one way thats used to authenticate them?

I've been drinking just reds now. I think I read that reds age better, and that wines with higher sugar are better? Not sure.

My oldest is a Spanish wine from 2007. It was aged 10 years before it was sold, so I've had it for just 4 years. All of the wines I buy now have a special holographic sticker on them. I guess that's one way thats used to authenticate them?
Yes that's right about the holograms.... a couple inexpensive good reds are 7 Deadly Zins, and Meomi Pinot Noir. I was a bartender for about 18 years, and some regulars of mine back in the day suggested these 2.

That’s something I really want to know as well. I know some people buy certain years and age them more but like you said how do you know how long?
Sweet wines like Madeiras and Portos (and some french and german sweet wines as well) are the wines that have the longest capacity for aging without going over the curve of maturity. Then you have some reds, mainly iconic wines made of the 5 Bourdeaux grapes that have the highest capacity for aging well... these usually are wines with a high load of tannins which means they need to mature for a long time to become drinkable... this has more to do with the Terroir than with the grapes... that's why some French wines age from 5 to 25 years... there are many California wines that can be aged too.... but for the most part (95% of wines), wines go into the market ready to drink

Sweet wines like Madeiras and Portos (and some french and german sweet wines as well) are the wines that have the longest capacity for aging without going over the curve of maturity. Then you have some reds, mainly iconic wines made of the 5 Bourdeaux grapes that have the highest capacity for aging well... these usually are wines with a high load of tannins which means they need to mature for a long time to become drinkable... this has more to do with the Terroir than with the grapes... that's why some French wines age from 5 to 25 years... there are many California wines that can be aged too.... but for the most part (95% of wines), wines go into the market ready to drink
That Spanish wine i have was aged 10 years before it was even sold. Kinda cool. Ive aged it another 4 years, but wondering if I am making it taste worse.

That Spanish wine i have was aged 10 years before it was even sold. Kinda cool. Ive aged it another 4 years, but wondering if I am making it taste worse.
Europe has very strict laws that restrict what winemakers can do, Spain is a great example... yes some areas force the winemaker to age the wine from 6 months to 10 years before it can go into the market. Spain wines are very high-quality wines, in my opinion, after French wines, Spain wines are the best in the world on par with Italian wines... so you could probably save that bottle for a few more years under the right conditions and still have a very nice wine to drink.

On the other hand... New World winemaker countries like the US, Chile, Argentina, Australia, etc their laws are much less restrictive which means winemakers can manipulate the wine in ways that will be impossible in Europe... like adding sugar to the wine... In fact, Australian wines are the most manipulated wines in the world...

Europe has very strict laws that restrict what winemakers can do, Spain is a great example... yes some areas force the winemaker to age the wine from 6 months to 10 years before it can go into the market. Spain wines are very high-quality wines, in my opinion, after French wines, Spain wines are the best in the world on par with Italian wines... so you could probably save that bottle for a few more years under the right conditions and still have a very nice wine to drink.

On the other hand... New World winemaker countries like the US, Chile, Argentina, Australia, etc their laws are much less restrictive which means winemakers can manipulate the wine in ways that will be impossible in Europe... like adding sugar to the wine... In fact, Australian wines are the most manipulated wines in the world...
Didnt know that about the rules! My favorite wines are indeed Italy and then my second is Spain. I enjoy Port wines too. Im not too hot on the California stuff, but have had a few good blends from there.

Australian wines are subsided by the government. That is why they can
haul them into the US at such a low price.

I think most but the best boutique wines in the US are made to be drank
are made to be drank very "young".

The best of the US wines age very well.

My dad gave me cases and cases of old red wine from my father-in-law,
some US and European, and they held up very well into their 20's.

And some went down the sink :( considering the brand. As many have
said, store them well means sooo much.

In Romania everyone can make wine without those restrictions. Lots make their own home made wine here. Some tastes so-so, but some local farmers make excellent wine. Now here comes the crazy part, I see lots here mixing Coke or Pepsi with their wine. Like half and half.

In Romania everyone can make wine without those restrictions. Lots make their own home made wine here. Some tastes so-so, but some local farmers make excellent wine. Now here comes the crazy part, I see lots here mixing Coke or Pepsi with their wine. Like half and half.
I knew a European chick who ordered
A coke and red wine all the time

Wine gives me heart burn like a motherfucker

I can drink wine, but I never really got into it or liked it....but then again, maybe I just drank shitty wine:eek:

Hey, have you guys ever had Fuzzy Navel wine coolers?

hahaha....just kidding:D

I'll stick to an occasional whiskey and diet coke;)

....well, unless I ever seen any of you and get the good wine:)

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Alvier woods
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws