over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Tsh and t4 bloodwork

Is it fair to say that adding T3 will increase FT4 and decrease TSH since your body will have enough T3 it will not be calling for T3 to be produced which would decrease TSH and stop the conversion from T4 to T3 which then would increase T4? or am I way off on that?
Yeah, that's not even close to how it works.

Obv you're free to do what you'd like, but I posted what I would do in your other thread. Good luck either way.

Yeah, that's not even close to how it works.

Obv you're free to do what you'd like, but I posted what I would do in your other thread. Good luck either way.

Closer than you may think, taken directly from an article, I was off on the T4:

By providing your body directly with T3 you are cutting T4 out of the loop and you no longer need to draw from the reservoir system.

T3 supplementation will almost always cause a reduction in T4 (Low T4), an increase in free and total T3, a drop in the TSH, and a drop in reverse T3.

After reading the above article, I decided to go with 100 T4/25 T3.

Again, I sincerely appreciate your feedback and everyone else's, it's what led me to all the digging.

Your doctor not testing T3 levels and also not considering that elevated prolactin could be from the thyroid issue (and instead jumping to blame the your testosterone use) is not a good sign. There are good anti-aging docs who will monitor your bloods and not judge you. You just have to put in the legwork and find them.

Closer than you may think, taken directly from an article, I was off on the T4:

By providing your body directly with T3 you are cutting T4 out of the loop and you no longer need to draw from the reservoir system.

T3 supplementation will almost always cause a reduction in T4 (Low T4), an increase in free and total T3, a drop in the TSH, and a drop in reverse T3.

After reading the above article, I decided to go with 100 T4/25 T3.

Again, I sincerely appreciate your feedback and everyone else's, it's what led me to all the digging.
That’s what I’ve always utilized while running GH. Using a 4:1 ratio of T4:T3. Always has worked well for my thyroid functions on bloodwork.

Cage

Your doctor not testing T3 levels and also not considering that elevated prolactin could be from the thyroid issue (and instead jumping to blame the your testosterone use) is not a good sign. There are good anti-aging docs who will monitor your bloods and not judge you. You just have to put in the legwork and find them.
Is thyroid something they would prescribe? The same pharmacy brand as an Endo, not compound pharmacy brand?

Is thyroid something they would prescribe? The same pharmacy brand as an Endo, not compound pharmacy brand?

I am prescribed armour thyroid, which is a blend of T1,2,3 and 4

My body does not convert T4 to T3 well, so the traditional T4 made things much worse. You take can only figure this stuff out with a good doc and register blood work.

I am prescribed armour thyroid, which is a blend of T1,2,3 and 4

My body does not convert T4 to T3 well, so the traditional T4 made things much worse. You take can only figure this stuff out with a good doc and register blood work.
When you got your numbers in range did you feel a big difference? Energy? Any body composition change?

That's definitely low and not something to just be okay with.

It probably won't be enough but in an ideal world you'd dial in Iodine/Selenium/Zinc for a bit, retest, and then look at adding T4 as necessary.
Would you get private bloodwork to check those levels? If adjusting them doesn't help, how you suggest going about getting an appropriate prescription? Seems like this Endo wants my test levels in range before she will even consider anything else. Basically "your taking a supplement to increase your testosterone, stop taking it then we can talk."

She didn't check t3 either time. On 3iu norditropin, a1c was a bit low and glucose in range.

HGH will lower Free T4 and increase Free T3. If can make mild hypo worse. You need Free T3 to see the whole picture.

Are you having any issues with fatigue, water retention, feeling cold easily, constipation? Those are the most common side effects.

I just posted my numbers in a thread I started a few weeks back and they look similar to yours:

2.47 FT3
1.1 FT4
3.5 TSH

I am on GH as well. I would go as far as guessing your FT3 is in the lower range of normal as mine is (1.8-4.5 was the range). I have done my HW reading threads over and over and still am confused about the whole T4/T3 and which to add, both or one. I have decided after all the reading and debating to just add T3 for the short term.

Is it fair to say that adding T3 will increase FT4 and decrease TSH since your body will have enough T3 it will not be calling for T3 to be produced which would decrease TSH and stop the conversion from T4 to T3 which then would increase T4? or am I way off on that?

You would add T4 AKA levothyroxine. It will increase both Free T4 and Free T3. If you add T3 only, it will drop both your T4 and T3 via negative feedback loop. (This is my specialty)

When you got your numbers in range did you feel a big difference? Energy? Any body composition change?

With the T4 the old doctor tried me on for a few years I actually felt worse and worse. When I finally got things corrected properly it was a huge difference. Again everyone is different.

You would add T4 AKA levothyroxine. It will increase both Free T4 and Free T3. If you add T3 only, it will drop both your T4 and T3 via negative feedback loop. (This is my specialty)

One of the last things I read tuned me into that. There’s just so much info on T3/T4 it gets confusing. I started T4 last night at 100mcg, have T3 en route landing tomorrow if needed. Everyone has been super helpful, going to have to go by bloodwork after a month and adjust from there. Appreciate the feedback

One of the last things I read tuned me into that. There’s just so much info on T3/T4 it gets confusing. I started T4 last night at 100mcg, have T3 en route landing tomorrow if needed. Everyone has been super helpful, going to have to go by bloodwork after a month and adjust from there. Appreciate the feedback
There's a ton of bullshit on the internet regarding thyroid hormones. Generally, a healthy thyroid produces about 100 mcg T4 per day (oral absorption from pill is only 60-80% roughly, so 100 mcg levo = 60-80 actual mcg). Free T4 in most healthy people is 1.4-1.8 ng/dL unless they have high Free T3 to compensate for lower levels. Free T4 is actually an active hormone contrary to popular belief that only T3 is active, there are actions and benefits that only T4 can do and certain cells work better converting T4 to T3 themselves versus using serum T3.

Your self medicating vs using a doctor? I'd be concerned about thyroid dosing. Is it pharmacy or ug? I feel like anything in mcg should be pharmacy brand

Thank you. Not sure why she doesn't check t3. My lethargy is strange. I will wake up early, want to go to the gym, but then I pull up and just want to relax in car don't feel like going in immediately. I noticed when I go places I arrive early on purpose so I can rest before I go in. Was never like this. Once I'm at home at night and laying down watching TV I get annoyed that I have to get up and make my meals, inject, anything. Never been like this.
Ever done a Sleep study ?

Your self medicating vs using a doctor? I'd be concerned about thyroid dosing. Is it pharmacy or ug? I feel like anything in mcg should be pharmacy brand
Unfortunately I did not get a full thyroid prior to starting GH, the only thing I had was my TSH from last year which was just above 1. I am adding in T4 since GH increases the conversion, which would explain why my FT4 is on the low end, but my FT3 is also on the low end, so that could be for other reasons such as bad converter, or high RT3 or another reason. I don't plan on using T4/T3 forever, just want to get my levels to optimal ranges while on GH and then once I take a break from GH, I will re-test thyroid after a few months. If at that point my numbers are off, yes I will be going to a Dr.

Ever done a Sleep study ?
I haven't. I've looked up the risk factors and symptoms and feel like my tiredness is more related to the thyroid, also symptoms. But if i can get my thyroid in range I will look into it.

I posted another thread about finding an Endo because I found out this one is booked 5 months. But they had a cancellation Wednesday and can get me in. I don't have any bloodwork to say I'm taking legit TRT from a Florida doctor though. Hopefully she will order T3 rather than demand I have lower test levels to even discuss thyroid.

I haven't. I've looked up the risk factors and symptoms and feel like my tiredness is more related to the thyroid, also symptoms. But if i can get my thyroid in range I will look into it.

I posted another thread about finding an Endo because I found out this one is booked 5 months. But they had a cancellation Wednesday and can get me in. I don't have any bloodwork to say I'm taking legit TRT from a Florida doctor though. Hopefully she will order T3 rather than demand I have lower test levels to even discuss thyroid.
You will be surprised QB killa. I am 5 feet 8 inches and 165 lbs. And I was diagnosed with OSA (all though mild).

I think anyone whose BMI starts going higher whether due to fat or muscle should consider OSA testing. The morning fog the fatigue you are describing improves significantly if you have OSA and use your CPAP. IT is not a simple fix as getting used to CPAP is its own beast , but in medicine there is a saying "common things are common." Dont go looking for zebras and ignore the horses.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Nightprowler7
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131