advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Never work out 2 days in a row? even if different muscle?

Do you have an entire day of rest in between your workouts?

• I always have a full days rest in between every workout (1 day on, 1 day off)

Votes: 34 26.2%
  • I work out on consecutive days all the time

Votes: 96 73.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
show me something???

anything???.....documentation???
logs???......recent workouts opposed to less recent???

show me something that proves that your training style....ALONE
has everything to do with your recent success

:cool:

I cant and neither do I believe that you or anyone else can which was the exact point of my post. You can ask 100 high level athletes or bodybuilders what the best training routine is and you may get 100 different answers but all 100 may be exactly right for THAT person. Sure some things will be similar but some will be different. Im not saying Im right and your wrong Im just sayin that just cuz it works for you doesn't mean it works for everybody.

Again not saying your wrong or trying to flat out argue with you Im just saying pics dont prove everything. Its 1.Genetics 2.Diet 3.Training that is the order of importance IMO. And i do believe I have workout logs stashed somewhere that could date back for years but we all know that the more progress that is made the slower the progress begins to become so I dont feel like digging through all my stuff to find them would prove anything. I can tell you that I can 1 arm DB row 2/3 of my bodyweight for 3 sets of 8. I can tell you that I can 1 arm db curl over 1/3 of my bodyweight for 3 sets of 6. (Thank god for cissus btw!) But I cant tell you whether its from the drugs I have taken, the diets I have been on, my genetics, or from my training routines. (obviously its from the combo of them all but I hope you get my point)

I respect you and your opinions so again not tryin to flame you and I hope I haven't offended you. It just angers me when people take advice off someone just because of there looks when in reality that person that looks so good might not even have a clue. Perfect example I know a kid that was taking 1 200mg shot of deca a week for 10 weeks and then ran no pct. Why did this kid do something so stupid even after I advised him not to? Because the biggest guy in the gym told him to.

Last edited:
I've always worked out 2on 1 off /2on 2off after leg day. I beleive that it depends on how taxed the body is after a paticular wkout..Rest days are grow days.Mnthly I'll take 3-4 days off to completly recover, including my CNS.

ok then

we'll just believe you

:rolleyes:

So ru saying Big A is wrong with his advice on training eod?

I go EOD. I've had 3 surgeries already and my joints simply don't take the beating they did 10 years ago when I started. Everyday training wrecks my shoulder so I take the EOD approach and I'm happy with that.

for a bare-assed beginner???.........no

:cool:

How bout you,What your doing double sessions because your so advanced, 3hrs a day 8 days a week?. Ill have to work up to that someday.

Working out 5 to 6 days a week is just as much about relieving stress as it is to build muscle.

I would be alot more pissy if I worked out ever other day.

I haven't worked out in three days due to being sick and I have been in a very pissed off mood because of it.

How bout you,What your doing double sessions because your so advanced, 3hrs a day 8 days a week?. Ill have to work up to that someday.

yea.........someday

I train on an 8 day split ...Taking one day off in that 8 days...I couldn't imagine getting what I needed done eod....I suppose HIT one set to failure or DC style lends itself to eod training

yea.........someday

I don't understand why you would choose to come on the beginner forum and be condescending. If you believe that a higher frequency of training is better then state your case. No reason to be calling people out.

My thoughts to the thread. Training is about not going beyond your capacity to recover. If it takes a day or two of rest, or none, so be it. A grueling workout or a bad day at work or lack of sleep or anything can bring recovery requirements up.

There are a lot of other factors involved with recovery. The most important are nutrition and diet, sleep, stress, daily activity outside of training, supplements and drugs are just a few.
Over the years I have found that I make my fastest and best gains while training 5 days per week provided all of the above mentioned are in check. I've tried it all and I feel that I only benifitted from EOD training back about 10 years ago when my recovery levels were out of whack. Only because of working 2 jobs, being in grad school, not eating enough, and stress with women. It was the best thing that fit that situation, but my progress was slower than if all was in check and I was busting my ass in the gym 5 days per week. If you handle the other stressors, feed the body, and rest then it's a no brainer, you will recover faster and make faster progress as you are getting more progressive workouts in over the year.
Example:
How can you expect a guy who works a manual labor job all day, eats 2000 cals per day, sleeps 5 hours per night, and has a shit ton of stress at home with family problems to gain on a 5 day per week workout.
Is an EOD program optimal for him? probably. Could he make better gains by getting more workouts in if he changed his diet to feed what he really needs (over 3000 cals min), worked a laid back job he loves,, slept 8 hours per night, and had a happy home life....... YES.
Oh, and don't forget DVD viewing or off time..... See what I'm saying? A lot of variables guys. I hope this helps.

Last edited:
I'm wondering if body types are a factor in this. Would the ectomorph be the individual who really neds the eod off while endos and mesos are not in such need of the rest?

I don't have a choice but to work out on consecutive days. It could be one of the things holding me back. Two jobs and having a small child in the household keeps you pretty busy so it's a wonder I get to workout at all.

i just want to look good at the beach and sleep with younger women so it suits my needs to workout EOD,lol. it depends on your goals i guess

i just want to look good at the beach and sleep with younger women so it suits my needs to workout EOD,lol. it depends on your goals i guess

I always look bigger,fuller and heathier on off days.Muscles are healed not ripped apart from everyday workouts, REST TO GROW

I prefer to go entirely by my body feels. I take rest days when I feel run down and lift when I feel ready. Lately, I lift 5 days per week taking wednesday and saturday off from lifting, but still doing an hour of cardio. I don't really consider cardio a training day as it's just low-moderate intensity. I used to lift everyday regardless of how I felt and since making the change to my current routine, I have added muscle faster while feeling much better both inside and outside the gym.

My 2 cents worth is that I think Big A work out schedule works for me. I’ve been working out for about 30 years. Always been in good shape but never made steady gains. I always figured it was because I was not working hard enough at the gym. For me probably not the case.
I now believe that if you are able to push to complete failure on your last rep then you are probably working hard enough. Doing that over 4 sets on the bench and then doing incline bench, decline bench and flys is probably over kill. I’m trying to follow Big As idea that if you are working that one set to failure your putting enough stress on the mussel for it to grow so long as you give it enough time off and enough food.
For me it is easier to work out everyday and much harder to take a day off. I also find eating a lot of the right food is really really difficult. I think I finally got my gut to handle 90 to 100 gm whey protein shakes three times a day. Eating the remaining calories with out eating to much fat and empty carbs is the next problem.
So far I think I am making strength gains on Big As plans and gained weight. I’m using 400mg of deca per week along with my HRT of 180mg of test a week. I also started using slin pre work out with a lot of carbs and EAAs Mutant's Insulin Protocal. So something should be working but I can tell you it is harder to work out less and eat more as crazy as that sounds.
I can’t say that I am taking eod off but I am tying to give it a rest and for me I just may have found a good program. There is so much to take into account. And I have met many guys that have never done any juice and are in great shape. I’d love to study their blood work.

EOD for me...I make constant progress this way and it is the perfect balance betw. gym life and family life for me.

EOD for me also. This is not my profession, I'm simply a hobbyist.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bttywllsns01
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws