advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

2.5 weeks in w/ test e (5 injections) and I fractured wrist. Do I need PCT?

heydude87

Newbies
The title says it all. I fractured my wrist outside of the gym. I am really upset about the whole ordeal. I had started using test e at 250mg per week (125mg Monday and Thursday) 2.5 weeks ago. I am 5 injections in to my cycle. I wont be at the gym for a couple months at least.
Do I need to take a PCT or can I just stop the injections?
Thank you.

I would do a PCT. Your natural testosterone levels will have been suppressed for a month by the time the test e is out of your system. PCT will bring it back faster.

In the end, you'll recover either way.

Not that low amount for that short of time.

People will tell you yes

People that of come off with no pct(actually done it) will tell you not to worry about.

In short do not worry about it let your body return to homeostasis on its own.

PCT is pretty much a myth.
A myth? How can information about steroids be so far away from each other where one person says its a myth and others say its mandatory, but both asre so set in stone with their ways.

A myth? How can information about steroids be so far away from each other where one person says its a myth and others say its mandatory, but both asre so set in stone with their ways.
This is a long story, you can search for my username and PCT to find a lot of info if you want. I actually explained it all pretty recently in a very detailed way.

PCT gained most of its fame during the late 90s and early 2000s when prohormones were huge, and most of it was for selling OTC PCT products.

There are all sorts of things in bodybuilding that are completely false that are considered "mandatory" in the current meta.

To tell the truth, hardly any AAS users even go off-cycle at all anymore, they bridge to do TRT between.

Dan Duchaine was actually the first one I knew of who was against PCT, but many others have pointed out its ineffectiveness and suggest alternatives, such as HCG on cycle.

PCT has always been more of a bridging tool between cycles than an "AAS recovery" tool.

Nobody says PCT is mandatory anymore. It will just bring back your natural testosterone production a little faster.

I wish I had never done a PCT personally. I decided to stay on year round in 2008 and never looked back.

.... why not just stay "on" with TRT levels?

A lot of guys who get injured sometimes find there's better exercise choices, routines, lower weights/higher reps (sarcoplasmic Hypertrophy).
The hands are more like "meat hooks" anyway. Take them out of the equation...

Switch to all machine weights. For instance, for chest, use the the Butterfly machine. Instead of grabbing the handles, wrap your arms around the bars at the point of the elbow and using the inner arms to pull the bars together (this is something I do to remove stress from the joints and puts more stress on the chest fibers to do the work, whereas when grasped, the arms tend to attend to some of the load. By this method I'm able to use heavier weight than my hands grasping the bars) You can sit reverse in the seat, using the same form (elbows behind the bars) and do inner back work. Hands free

Get inventive... use straps
Lower your weights and use higher/focused reps for more of a target muscle isolation.

Just a thought.

In short I'm suggesting a short break for a few weeks, but try to keep going with a different approach. But yeah, I'd switch to TRT personally.
UNLESS, the cost of your gear is more of a "Luxury", then yeah, come off

(Ran out of time for edit)

I wouldn’t think you would need hcg because it hasn’t been long enough for atrophy but I’m sure some nolva and clomid would help get you back going faster. Those have sides as well so it’s up to you which sides you wanna deal with

In short I'm suggesting a short break for a few weeks, but try to keep going with a different approach. But yeah, I'd switch to TRT personally.
UNLESS, the cost of your gear is more of a "Luxury", then yeah, come off

(Ran out of time for edit)
This is what I would do, but not everyone is ready for TRT. It's a big commitment.

SERMS/“PCT” drugs don’t actually lead to any restoration of your levels, there is not one single study that shows that all the studies show that they raise your levels while you are on them and that’s it. They are simply place holders that give you a boost until your body recovers on its to whatever that level of recovery will end up being. The issue is that they have some nasty side effects that go along with them, for some people very severe side effects, so if you’re okay with the side effects then go for it.

I don’t come off. If I did I would do pct to reduce the withdrawal symptoms and make my transition less painful. Some people come off and can manage it. Others come off and go through weeks/months of feeling horrible.

This is the guy's first cycle so whilst many of us may think I wish I had just gone on TRT between cycles from the start he needs to learn his body. He may end up doing a few cycles then decide he is staying off for good so trt now could massively effect recovery. Even if someone plans to stay on eventually I 100% recommend everyone to at least cycle on/off a few times before they do that. I also agree in general about training around injuries but this is different. I would come off and rest your body but I would train your legs twice weekly and fit in whatever upper body work (minor and mainly pump work) you can do to give yourself a boost. You definitely don't need a pct and your body will normalize itself. A pct could even delay the process and should only be used in certain circumstances and definitely not in your situation. If possible get blood work done in 1 month then again in 3-4 months.

This is the guy's first cycle so whilst many of us may think I wish I had just gone on TRT between cycles from the start he needs to learn his body. He may end up doing a few cycles then decide he is staying off for good so trt now could massively effect recovery. Even if someone plans to stay on eventually I 100% recommend everyone to at least cycle on/off a few times before they do that. I also agree in general about training around injuries but this is different. I would come off and rest your body but I would train your legs twice weekly and fit in whatever upper body work (minor and mainly pump work) you can do to give yourself a boost. You definitely don't need a pct and your body will normalize itself. A pct could even delay the process and should only be used in certain circumstances and definitely not in your situation. If possible get blood work done in 1 month then again in 3-4 months.

100% agreed, unless you’re an old man with in the tank levels anyway you will recover fine after your first few cycles and that will allow you to judge if this is something you want to do for life or not because make no mistake if you do enough cycles there will come a point where there is no going back. Not back to where you started at least that’s for sure….

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdx236
NapsGear