over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

2023 Texas Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Andrew and Samson will be battling it out for the Olympia this year. Both of them keep improving and they are genetically superior to the other top guys.
where do you think Ramy could fall in the mix, "if" he brings his 2020 Olympia physique, "best"?

It seems so bizarre to me that Andrew is 37-38 and only involved in top level BB. I think Justin Shier is also well over 30.

These guys could have been on the Olympia stage years and years ago.

Hard to count out Lundsford with that crazy shape and Hadi with his insane conditioning and muscle maturity.
Very true. I think Derek is probably the most complete but when I see Samson and Andrew on stage my eyes are constantly drawn to them. They both have very unique physiques.

Andrews physque especially comes alive when he poses. His arms and delts have so much feathering and detail you don’t see in other competitors. I think is because oil is so common and I don’t think Andrew has ever used oil which is partly why his body is so fresh looking and he has that extra detail.

It seems so bizarre to me that Andrew is 37-38 and only involved in top level BB. I think Justin Shier is also well over 30.

Samson as well

It will be interesting to see how things progress over the years

Nick and Derek are younger and will be standing next to each other for many years to come

While Hadi, Ramy, Brandon, Samson, and Andrew are going to be aged out

I don't think his age was ever confirmed, like Sonny Listons. I've seen thirty nine . Regardless even if he is forty five, he exposes others onstage with that small waist and muscle flow.

Samson as well

It will be interesting to see how things progress over the years

Nick and Derek are younger and will be standing next to each other for many years to come

While Hadi, Ramy, Brandon, Samson, and Andrew are going to be aged out

Very true but Samson only turned 31 in June so he has many years left. Even Hadi is only 35 which isn't young but he has always looked older than he is. I have seen reports he was older but he is listed as 35. Some guys still have it well into their 40's (Dexter, Kai and Kamal etc) so they both have plenty years left as long as they stay healthy, injury free and want to carry on competing.

Hunter was more conditioned, glutes and hams, whole body ,I think, unless his back, chest, and abs comes in last, conditioning wise, but from what I saw ,despite Hunters better conditioning, Jacked s physique is too well put together, especially that waist .

Very true but Samson only turned 31 in June

Hmmmm

I did not know that.. I thought he was mid to late 30’s?

If he’s only 31, he will definitely be causing problems for the top competition for a long time

I don't think his age was ever confirmed, like Sonny Listons. I've seen thirty nine . Regardless even if he is forty five, he exposes others onstage with that small waist and muscle flow.

I have seen him listed as 1984 and 85 but according to most sources he is 39 years old. Bodybuilding is subjective and everyone has different preferences and some may say the top 3 guys will expose Andrew but he has a special look. It's similar to Flex Wheeler but he is bigger. I would imagine if you showed all the competitors to the general public most would pick him as having the best physique and there is a reason for that. He may not have the hams/glutes (etc) to be crowned Mr O but he looks the most impressive to a lot of people (me included). Even some of the other pro's he has competed against say he is the most impressive pro they have ever seen in real life.

Hmmmm

I did not know that.. I thought he was mid to late 30’s?

If he’s only 31, he will definitely be causing problems for the top competition for a long time

He does look older. When I saw Hadi a few years ago I thought he was around 40 so he looks older too. He is actually turning 36 very soon but still not that old. To think Kamal is 51 and only started regressing were it effected his placings in the last few years. I doubt Hadi will carry on for many more years but even if it's 4 more years he could do a lot in that time but it will be hard with Derek and Samson improving like they are and having time on their side. Hadi isn't going to be getting any bigger and he has pretty much maxed his frame out but conditioning is where he will shine and if he gets any grainer over the next few years that will stand out massively on stage. Derek was close to him last year and probably had him beaten on many back poses but the conditioning from the front is what made the difference. Derek is only going to improve though so he is dangerous. Samson has the potential to dominate the open division over the next 5 years if he improves his back and comes in with excellent condition.

The thing with Andrew is he looks fresh. He hasn’t been competing for long so he has many years at the top IMO

some may say the top 3 guys will expose Andrew but he has a special look. It's similar to Flex Wheeler but he is bigger.
Andrew's joints, tendons, an ligaments are larger, in length, and girth, which causes him to weigh a lot of pounds more than Flex Wheeler.

Andrews physque especially comes alive when he poses...
It's the seemingly effortless posing for me as well, just very relaxed and in control of his body. Posing can be pretty tough to show that kind of detail without signs of straining. He reminds me a lot of Shawn Rhoden.

Hunter was more conditioned, glutes and hams, whole body ,I think, unless his back, chest, and abs comes in last, conditioning wise, but from what I saw ,despite Hunters better conditioning, Jacked s physique is too well put together, especially that waist .
I have to disagree and I most likely am alone in this opinion, but if you check the below photograph and compare the two men, Jacked´s forearms are small as are his calves which are also too far up, biceps aren´t the best and his triceps have a weird shape to them which makes me think something oily might have been going on there.

index.php

Andrew's joints, tendons, an ligaments are larger, in length, and girth, which causes him to weigh a lot of pounds more than Flex Wheeler.
Joints, tendons, and ligaments - hell, throw bone density in there as well - might make him 3lbs. heavier on the extreme high end. It's a very small difference and doesn't impact muscle size.

I see in post #55 a pic of Jacked and Carlos. Looks like Carlos took third place. Did that seem like the right spot for him? Just curious, is their consensus that this was a good showing for him?

In the above pic, Jacked has nice obliques in the double bicep pose, while most of the other guys, their abs kinda disappear. Is that because Jacked is taller and can twist a bit, while the shorter guys are trying to extend a bit? Just curious.

Jacked looks great, but his forearms are almost non-existent, and calves are not impressive. I'd love to have the guys' physique, so I'm not bashing the dude, but an Olympia champion really shouldn't have a glaring weakness like that, IMHO.

I see in post #55 a pic of Jacked and Carlos. Looks like Carlos took third place. Did that seem like the right spot for him? Just curious, is their consensus that this was a good showing for him?

In the above pic, Jacked has nice obliques in the double bicep pose, while most of the other guys, their abs kinda disappear. Is that because Jacked is taller and can twist a bit, while the shorter guys are trying to extend a bit? Just curious.

Jacked looks great, but his forearms are almost non-existent, and calves are not impressive. I'd love to have the guys' physique, so I'm not bashing the dude, but an Olympia champion really shouldn't have a glaring weakness like that, IMHO.
Calves aren't judged - if they were Ronnie Coleman would never have won Olympia.

I agree his forearms are thin but there have been top guys like that before - I always found Branch Warren's to be shockingly thin given his arms and delts.

Calves aren't judged - if they were Ronnie Coleman would never have won Olympia.

I agree his forearms are thin but there have been top guys like that before - I always found Branch Warren's to be shockingly thin given his arms and delts.
I suppose you're correct, but I think it's a tragedy. All of bodybuilding at the top level is about genetics. Hip width, muscle insertions, muscle belly, X-frame, etc. Why this particular bodypart or parts simply gets ignored has always been a mystery to me. And I'm not trashing any of these guys, but to be the best of the best, shouldn't you be approaching the "ideal" physique.

Perhaps the best answer is that some of the monsters with weak calves were good for the sport, and thus were elevated. Coleman was a freak, especially from the back, and Jacked looks very nice and crisp in the photos from this contest. But we're not talking about winning NPC nationals, we're talking about the top 5-10 guys on the planet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
NWO
NapsGear