over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

6-7x days a week - anyone tried?

For me, the best results for a combination of size, strength and conditioning was when I trained twice a day, six days a week. However.....you MUST pay attention to what your body is telling you, if you are beginning to overtrain.

Everything has to be perfect, and I would cycle back to once a day training for a couple months, after 4-6 months of following the below training schedule.

Another issue for many guys is finding the time to be able to get into the gym twice per day. If that's an issue, when I was busy, I would combine the body parts, into one workout if I was not able to get in twice on a particular day. And on this session, I would just reduce the volume of sets.

Example:

Day 1 am: Chest
pm: Back

Day 2 am: Thighs
pm: Hams, calves

Day 3 am: Delts, traps
Pm: Arms, abs

Day 4 rest

Repeat days 1 to 3

When I was younger, I was able to train 6-7 days a week, but as I got older, Ive had to reduce to 4-5 tops. Between being an old man now, and work demands, its harder to get the same recovery as when I was a young buck :(

Mountain dog style for me!!! plenty of articles on each bodypart over at t-nation. Phase 1 for 2-3 weeks train only 4 days. Phase 2 for 6-8weeks start adding in more intense sets each week and even ad a secondary workout.
Day 1 Hvy Legs
Day 2 Hvy chest, delts
Day 3 Hvy Back
Day 4 Pumping legs
Day 5 Pumping chest delts
Day 6 Arms
Day 7 pumping days.

Now this 7 day a week training is only done for a couple of weeks in phase 2 and the pumping days are just that. Sets are not to failure. No intensity techniques like drop sets, rest pauses etc. Reps are 12 and up. These days should not tax the nervous system.

After 6 weeks or so of Phase 2 drop to phase 3 which everything gets cut back even the days of training and the intense sets get dropped to just a few per workout.

After 2 weeks of phase 3 is 1-2 weeks of deload where you either take a week completely off or you just go in and pump blood in the muscle and get out. Then you repeat the program. Basically it's progressive loading then taking a break after a long intense 6-8 weeks. I love it. I even take a day off on one of the pumping days if I feel run down/tired.

Heres an article by Dugdale, one of JMs guys.

**broken link removed**

Last edited:
Nice routine Jeremy! :) My one problem is that i hate train chest, shoulders and arms on separate days :p You know... for me workout only chest, only shoulders or only arms is too short, too light in compare to back day or legs day. I always stack it. For example chest+bic and shoulders+tric. With stacking it, it's so hard to make any routine for 6-7 days a week :-(

Queefer, how Your routine looks like while were you training 6/7 days a week? :)[/
QUOTE]

If you like to stack then try
Chest/tri
Back/bicep
Quads/hams
Shoulder/calves/abs
Chest/tri
Back/bicep

Or

Pull heavy
Push heavy
Legs heavy
Pull pump
Push pump
Legs pump

i do 6 sometimes 7 but depends how the body feels. and i am doing that many days 2-3 of them are shorter workouts more about high reps and using techniques like supersets, pre exhaust, drops, giant sets.

i feel my joints love the high rep work.

i also get a lot of sleep, eat well and insure i am hitting my micros and macros.

I was on a 7 day split doin everything 2x a week except for legs which was 1 time a week. That was when I had the most mass I've had in my life. I was also running a ton of drugs because I doubt I would have been able to recover if I hadn't run almost a gram of rest with tren and all the peptides and greentops I could afford. I also had to focus my life on eating and resting when I wasnt in the gym so it lead to a poor social life. Pretty much took a lot of work.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
DrDiesel
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws