over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

3 days a week training

comedycentral

Registered
I think now in my late 40s 3 days a week is about all I can recover from. Even nudging back to 4 I notice tweaks creep up and my motivation starts to drop. I totally respect those that are hitting hard 5/6 days but I have no idea how you do it and recover so well. Anyone else dropped down the older they got. I know Emeric trains 6 or so and I tip my hat to him.

3-4 days lifting is fine, you should be doing cardio 5-6 times a week also so your still in the gym 5-6 times a week. 6 30 minute sessions of low intensity bike, elliptical, stairs should have a good sweat going 15-20 mins in but still be able to talk hold convo. The cardio will help with recovery as well.

Also if you’re doing heavy sets 6-10 reps I’d start working on progressing in the 12-20 rep range. Re evaluate form on lifts and focus on slowing reps down and keeping tension on the muscle ( stay out of dead zones on lifts ) keep the muscle working not the joints don’t stretch every rep or push range of motion to the point your losing tension.

I am in my 60's. I trained at least 5-6 days a week for decades.I did do a 2 on 1 off for a period in my 30's but missed the gym, but grew well from that split. And my off days were hiking, back country skiing a really slow day would be a 6 mile walk with the dog, and the such. I my late 50's i started incorporating a rest day. Can't say i noticed any difference one way or the other. Been trying to shoot for 2 on one off recently but it often turns into 3-4 on. Mostly when things aren't going well i just change up my routines.

I just notice the older I get the busier I get and the busier I get the less I train. Whether it is actual days or just time in the gym I train less now. But as it has been said it is easier to maintain than to gain. I added hgh in and definitely progressed from a lol standpoint but before that progressing?, no, maintaining?, yes.

That's all I have ever done since 13 years old. Every other day.. I recover poorly.. im not good at reigni g in the intensity.. so I need the next day off.. it works great.. let's joints recover better etc.. it doesn't matter if it's " only" three days a week.. if your hitting everything once a week the added recup days can only be a positive

With as much activity as I have for work plus daily running and swimming I have to dial lifting back to 3-4 days a week often..I am currently doing 4 day a week westside conjugate

3 days a week or EOD training works great. Look into Jordan Peters full body split, or his Upper/Lower split which can be run 3x a week or EOD

Also, Upper/Lower/Full body is an option

Big A’s Growth Principles routine is 3 days a week and it worked very well for me years and years ago.

3 days is very common for off-season bodybuilders. Maximum intensity and maximum recovery. But every day counts. Lots of ways to do it

I only train 3 days per week. I've tried more and I don't recover well. I think there alot of factors to take in too. For instance, work. I have a very physically demanding job, I'm on my feet all day long. When I leave work most days I'm wiped out. I'm sure that cuts into my recovery ability as well versus someone who doesn't work or someone with a desk job.

DC 2 way split which is 3 days per week has evidently put more muscle on average people than any other training routine has.
I always come back to this, I'll try more or something new. But I gain and recover on this. I'll add a set here and there for something that lags. But I recover best on this program.

I now train 3/week due to my work schedule. I workout on Friday/Saturday/Sunday because those are my 3 days off from work for the week. Friday had been pull day, but the last 3 weeks has been leg day. Saturday is now pull and Sunday is push. I am still making improvements because of constantly trying to fine tune my training and trying to perfect my form. My body is the best looking now that it has ever been. So I think 3 days a week can be effective even it's 3 consecutive days.

I think now in my late 40s 3 days a week is about all I can recover from. Even nudging back to 4 I notice tweaks creep up and my motivation starts to drop. I totally respect those that are hitting hard 5/6 days but I have no idea how you do it and recover so well. Anyone else dropped down the older they got. I know Emeric trains 6 or so and I tip my hat to him.
Went from 4-5 days of training down to 3x a week, been doing fine. You're all good buddy!
photo_2023-08-14_14-50-48.jpg

Depends on what you are doing for those workouts - exercises, volume, weight being used (intensity = %1RM). We walk every day because it's not much of a strain on the system. Tolerance to workload can be built/expanded but not massively. Also there's even a different tolerance for guys with same max/same volume but mental drive/psych/prep required to hit heavier weights. Let's not even go into age and other life stressors.

No hard fast rules on # days but if you can't handle what you could before - age or many of those things could be at play. Adapt to a game plan that works. Happens to us all.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws