over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Training EOD (3-4x per week)

This is just my opinion… While yes I have met a FEW genetic outliers in my lifetime who grow no matter how they workout and eat etc….I don’t think MOST people would benefit more from lifting 2 times a day vs just lifting hard 3-4 times a week. I think the majority of people would be overtrained and go backwards instead of making progress working out twice a day hard. And no I am not a competitive bodybuilder by any means but I have tried several different training routines over my 15 + years of being in this game and 3 times a week along with pushing the food is what got me my biggest.
Of course not everybody would be able to workout 2 times per week, especially if you work a fulltime job, also it takes time to adjust your mind , the muscle will do work because your brain directs him to do, very important to give the extra fuel to the muscle to able to do the job and the repair material ( amino acid ), and at list 1/2 to 1 hour sleep between the 2 workouts if you cant sleep then meditation. At younger age it is easier , you still have normal range of all growth factors and hormones, over 30 is when start diminishing, the growth factors are the workers, they do the repair not the hormones.

Not sure where this fits in...but in terms of high volume and "overtraining" I just came across this. John has them doing giant sets, 32 total sets for arms in a workout (16 bi, 16tri). Also to failure as it seems like the consensus is if you do high volume you must use rir lol

As for strength athletes getting stronger from years ago. The execution of the lifts are better and the support gear used needs to be considered i would think.
As for how often to training for bodybuilding. A big factor i find is diet. And how well a person eats, how often and how well the person can digest and assimilate the food. Those with a better digestive track will handle workload better due to better recuperation. And some if not a lot of that is willingness to d what works i find. People like to talk about how we are all different, but i find a lot of that is about the difference in consistency and willingness to do things they don't feel like doing when they don't like it.

You will gain size from any type of training , you need to figured out which one is the best for you , and you must enjoying the pain, once the pain becomes pleasure than you will have the gain. Jour muscle will do what ever your brain commends, that why mind muscle connation is so important.
I have said this for years, I am just here for the pain! When I don't wake up in pain I wonder if I am even alive.

I cant remember the guys name(or my own) right now for some reason but he was a real intense trainer, had a heart transplant, black guy but I loved when he said "Hello pain, come on in, lets be friends" loved that

I have said this for years, I am just here for the pain! When I don't wake up in pain I wonder if I am even alive.

I cant remember the guys name(or my own) right now for some reason but he was a real intense trainer, had a heart transplant, black guy but I loved when he said "Hello pain, come on in, lets be friends" loved that

Was that CT Fletcher?

Not sure where this fits in...but in terms of high volume and "overtraining" I just came across this. John has them doing giant sets, 32 total sets for arms in a workout (16 bi, 16tri). Also to failure as it seems like the consensus is if you do high volume you must use rir lol
I think if people stopped listening to the “experts” in lab coats and started listening to their own bodies they’d be a lot better off.
It’s kinda all over the map even on this thread from 2x a day to 3-4 times a week and it’s all worked.

One thing ive never seen is a person who has a problem growing who is consistent, trains balls to the wall, takes drugs and has their nutrition up to par.

I’d hate to have to try and just get into training now. Theres way too much info and way too many people on social media contradicting each other with study after study.

I wouldn’t say that’s true at all
I don't agree with it at all. When I switched over to high volume, I did everything to failure. I did eventually need a break, but then adjust volume down a bit. I would hate to be in the middle of an intense set thinking "ok...I think I have 2 more reps....or is it three? Hmmm better stop now or my next set might lose a rep!"

I think if people stopped listening to the “experts” in lab coats and started listening to their own bodies they’d be a lot better off.
It’s kinda all over the map even on this thread from 2x a day to 3-4 times a week and it’s all worked.

One thing ive never seen is a person who has a problem growing who is consistent, trains balls to the wall, takes drugs and has their nutrition up to par.

I’d hate to have to try and just get into training now. Theres way too much info and way too many people on social media contradicting each other with study after study.
Yup. Imagine a newbie listening to Mike Israetel about "volume landmarks" "conjugate periodization" the wonderful "rpe scale". Imagine if when you started training you were taught failure was bad and your job was to do 2 rir this week, 1 rir next, then drop volume by 50% and reps by 40% for a "deload week" before your next escalating meso cycle....lol. id rather grow up in 1980 where they said "do a bro split, 10 or so sets per part, 8-12, move the weight until you can't possibly move it another inch, that's a set."

Well if you do chest and have 4 exercises of 4 sets, its almost impossible to go all out, balls tp the wall on every single set you do.

I’m fairly certain if I tried to train twice a day my arthritic back would crumble to dust

id rather grow up in 1980 where they said "do a bro split, 10 or so sets per part, 8-12, move the weight until you can't possibly move it another inch, that's a set."
YES 😍......^^ THE GOOD OLD DAYS!

I've been doing EOD weights for about 6 weeks and find the day break is beneficial. It gives me a mental break and let's my body recharge for the next session. I like that I can have a day in between to just do other things and not focus on the gym. I feel like I can get more out of the workout and volume/intensity when I have a rest day before going hard again

Ohh, sure, it was better when you got your knowledge and information from ghost writers in muscle magazines.

I'm kidding, but no, I really don't think I'd want to do bodybuilding or anything else if I was a teenager growing up in this age of so many expert voices.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131