over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

3 days a week training

I think optimal training frequency is largely dependent on the physical demands of your job.

I think optimal training frequency is largely dependent on the physical demands of your job.

The stress cup analogy.

You got a cup you can’t overfill with stress. Work stress, family obligations, gym stress, all of life issues…..all pour into the cup.

My job can sometimes dump a 5 gallon bucket of stress into my 16oz coffee mug sized stress cup lol

I think now in my late 40s 3 days a week is about all I can recover from. Even nudging back to 4 I notice tweaks creep up and my motivation starts to drop. I totally respect those that are hitting hard 5/6 days but I have no idea how you do it and recover so well. Anyone else dropped down the older they got. I know Emeric trains 6 or so and I tip my hat to him.
Muscle must be used every day, especially legs. if I would not have the time I would consider the 3 days whole body workouts.

I think at the end of the day everyone's body is different and recovers at a different rate so I would say just trial and error until you find something that works (maximum amount of progress with minimal amount of CNS fatigue)!

I think at the end of the day everyone's body is different and recovers at a different rate so I would say just trial and error until you find something that works (maximum amount of progress with minimal amount of CNS fatigue)!
It takes around 20 minutes for the CNS to return to baseline post training.

I’m curious too about the 20 minutes! Much quicker than I thought if that’s the case!

Is a combination CNS fatigue and Peripheral fatigue.

So your not a big believer in overtraining?
No I am not, I did proved to my self. This is part of the study :
Researchers were able to produce a 46% motor-evoked potential (ability to produce maximal force) change through the use of heavy strength training in the biceps brachii. When looking at the recovery data and the acute changes, researchers noted that it only took the “CNS” around 20-minutes to return to baseline levels post-training, then surpass it in a state of super-compensation in the following hours after. Researchers noted that muscular fatigue was present for longer periods of time, which could reflect peripheral fatigue.

Although, none of this is to say the CNS doesn’t experience any fatigue following exercise, as we’ve mentioned above, it does. Dr. Galpin explained that in many cases it’s not that the CNS is un-fatigued, it is, but the peripheral system is much more prone to experiencing decrease in performance post-exercise.

No I am not, I did proved to my self. This is part of the study :
Researchers were able to produce a 46% motor-evoked potential (ability to produce maximal force) change through the use of heavy strength training in the biceps brachii. When looking at the recovery data and the acute changes, researchers noted that it only took the “CNS” around 20-minutes to return to baseline levels post-training, then surpass it in a state of super-compensation in the following hours after. Researchers noted that muscular fatigue was present for longer periods of time, which could reflect peripheral fatigue.

Although, none of this is to say the CNS doesn’t experience any fatigue following exercise, as we’ve mentioned above, it does. Dr. Galpin explained that in many cases it’s not that the CNS is un-fatigued, it is, but the peripheral system is much more prone to experiencing decrease in performance post-exercise.
What about training for strength?

Bench press , deadlifts and squats ect

Thanks for the reply

What about training for strength?

Bench press , deadlifts and squats ect

Thanks for the reply
Strength exercise don`t have that much effect on the peripheral system, locomotive exercises do have much more.

Strength exercise don`t have that much effect on the peripheral system, locomotive exercises do have much more.
Ok if thats the case whats the determining factor on how often we can deadlift or squat a week?

Don`t do 20 minutes or more cardio before resistant workouts, if you do cardio then wait 30 minutes after cardio before lifting.

You can squat and deadlift 3 time per week, high repetitions, lift for bodybuilding not for power lifting, I prefer 20 reps.
What determines 3 times a week though ?

Also what if we’re talking more about training for strength with lower reps

Agains thanks for your responses I appreciate the input

What determines 3 times a week though ?

Also what if we’re talking more about training for strength with lower reps

Agains thanks for your responses I appreciate the input
Are you a powerlifter

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • A50#
    Old School Moderator