over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Training EOD (3-4x per week)

svenrpb

Registered
Newbies
Everytime I start training less, for example EOD or 4 times per week(legs/push/pull for example) I get much bigger/better results/agression/focus in the gym to go for it. I am in my early 30´s so not an old fuck.

Don´t get me wrong, I love the gym and would spent there everyday if I could. It just seems counterproductive everytime I try it. When I train balls to the wall there is no way I can bring the same intensity 5-6 times per week(maybe with an armday, but those days are garbage anyway).

In my opinion a lot of people are going way to often because they think they have to because the ´pro´s´ do this. For most of you, you will never be a pro ook look like one/have the genetics to be one. Why train like one?

Thoughts?

It’s all about managing volume and recovery throughout the week. There’s many ways to do that, and it’s going to be different for everyone based on many variables (controllable and uncontrollable). You have to find what works best for you.

I will say though generally for hypertrophy from what I have seen and my own experience, higher volume with sets focused less on the amount of weight moved and instead focused more on stimulating the target muscle (and taking those to/close to failure) seems to be the most common and successful approach that people eventually find themselves following. Focusing less on moving as much weight as possible will allow for less overall fatigue and can allow for more volume.

All that said, there’s many ways to get huge. Finding an approach you enjoy and can be consistent with is more important than anything.

It’s all about managing volume and recovery throughout the week. There’s many ways to do that, and it’s going to be different for everyone based on many variables (controllable and uncontrollable). You have to find what works best for you.

I will say though generally for hypertrophy from what I have seen and my own experience, higher volume with sets focused less on the amount of weight moved and instead focused more on stimulating the target muscle (and taking those to/close to failure) seems to be the most common and successful approach that people eventually find themselves following. Focusing less on moving as much weight as possible will allow for less overall fatigue and can allow for more volume.

All that said, there’s many ways to get huge. Finding an approach you enjoy and can be consistent with is more important than anything.
I agree for sure!

Even though you need to focus and give it your all for your sets(even when it is not about weight, but stimulating the muscle). I think the big point is, that recovery is sincerely underrated those days. I mean all the pro´s do is eat/sleep/use shitload of gear-slin-etc(GENETICS) and focus on everything that is needed to become big AF. For most of us that is not how it works(family, work etc.). Still a lot of people focus on the splits pro´s use because they work for THEM(because of earlier points given).

Gave this a thought because of @b-boy (for example, who even is a pro lol) trained pretty much 4 times his whole career and looked and looks crazy. So much gymrats now a day with a lot more training days and complicated splits look like shit. Just a thought.

I really don't understand your logic. Part of training is finding out what works for you. If you get more out of less why do more? Some people can do 2 a days and grow best doing that. I enjoy training ill go as much as I can and just take a day off when I need one. There have been times in my life I trained my body every 8 days. I had great results and so did my training partner. There are only a couple of people I would train with, most just couldn't keep up and I really hate waiting for people. Plus I like training my way.

If your whole outlook is I'll never be a pro so I am not going to train much, why eat much, why worry about sleep, why juice? Its like looking for the half assers guide to lifting and that will spill over into the half assers guide to life

I am one of those people that if I am not going to do something right, I am not going to do it at all. I'll just have to do it again so just wait until i.can do it properly. When I did have a partner and there was something either he or I didn't want to do, we did.it first. Now I have no what do I not want to do anxiety.

Why Train like a pro....why not. I really could not tell one exercise that I know for sure a certain pro does. Just because someone trains one way and grows does not mean the same thing will work for you or is not ideal.

I really don't understand your logic. Part of training is finding out what works for you. If you get more out of less why do more? Some people can do 2 a days and grow best doing that. I enjoy training ill go as much as I can and just take a day off when I need one. There have been times in my life I trained my body every 8 days. I had great results and so did my training partner. There are only a couple of people I would train with, most just couldn't keep up and I really hate waiting for people. Plus I like training my way.

If your whole outlook is I'll never be a pro so I am not going to train much, why eat much, why worry about sleep, why juice? Its like looking for the half assers guide to lifting and that will spill over into the half assers guide to life

I am one of those people that if I am not going to do something right, I am not going to do it at all. I'll just have to do it again so just wait until i.can do it properly. When I did have a partner and there was something either he or I didn't want to do, we did.it first. Now I have no what do I not want to do anxiety.

Why Train like a pro....why not. I really could not tell one exercise that I know for sure a certain pro does. Just because someone trains one way and grows does not mean the same thing will work for you or is not ideal.
You indeed don´t get the point.

For sure do what works for you. These days a lot of people train WAY to much(because they love training sure). Also a lot of people watch the pro´s but their asses ona daily because it is all they do and have to do on a daily basis. Has nothing to do with not training to get your maximum results. I think a lot of people train WAY to much because of what they see on the internet as ´being optimal´. An upper/lower or PPL almost gets jinxed those days because the pro´s do split bodyparts, guess what you are not one and will not recover like one that trains 15 days in a row.

By all means, train 7 times a week if you love to do it(and have the time etc. or train with less intensity). Just be prepared to be beat up and not get the results you are after. Just made this topic because I like to train and be in the gym, but being there to much is just counterproductive. You train to grow and get better right? For sure enjoyment playes a roll but I find that more in the results rather then just being there and doing half assed training.

These days a lot of people train WAY to much(because they love training sure).
What are you basing this off of?…

I really don’t think there’s people that are held back because they are just training to much. Now if they are eating to fuel that, okay… but that’s a different issue. They need to fix their nutrition.

Just watch the threads with all the training splits, almost all of them are atleast 5/6 days a week, 3 on 1 off. Days off by ´feel´.

The aspect of loving to go to the gym is a valid one, but when your mind wants to go it is for sure not always the case for the body.

Just watch the threads with all the training splits, almost all of them are atleast 5/6 days a week, 3 on 1 off. Days off by ´feel´.
But why do you think that it’s too much

Clearly countless bodybuilders progress training 5-6x a week

But why do you think that it’s too much

Clearly countless bodybuilders progress training 5-6x a week
For some people it won´t be to much, a lot of people follow as sheeps because it is what other people do. I see countless people in my gym training a lot, those trainingdays are half assed and they progress is very poor. Like I said, for fully 100% dedicated bodybuilders(sleep, peds, food etc.) I can see 5 days a week. 6 days a week is in any case to much but that is just my opinion. I think a lot of people could benefit from training less, more intense/volume on these days and taking more rest days.

Not to offend anyone, just a food for thought and what I am implementing myself.

I like 6 days a week, am cardio and pm gym. I love the lifestyle. At my age now, it's more important to me than ever.

If you want to train less it's fine, but you shouldn't take this to mean it would be better for everyone.

I really don’t think there’s people that are held back because they are just training to much. Now if they are eating to fuel that, okay… but that’s a different issue. They need to fix their nutrition.

Exactly , most people are not failing because of "over training" they are failing because they are under recovering. Shitty diet based on calories rather nutrients , Shitty limited sleep because they cranked up on stimulants , wrecked CNS because of the above two.

Exactly , most people are not failing because of "over training" they are failing because they are under recovering. Shitty diet based on calories rather nutrients , Shitty limited sleep because they cranked up on stimulants , wrecked CNS because of the above two.
Tell that to Nick walker or B-boy, I am talking here about elite/advanced bb´ers.

For some people it won´t be to much, a lot of people follow as sheeps because it is what other people do. I see countless people in my gym training a lot, those trainingdays are half assed and they progress is very poor. Like I said, for fully 100% dedicated bodybuilders(sleep, peds, food etc.) I can see 5 days a week. 6 days a week is in any case to much but that is just my opinion. I think a lot of people could benefit from training less, more intense/volume on these days and taking more rest days.

Not to offend anyone, just a food for thought and what I am implementing myself.
You’re just honestly not making a lot of sense man. You’re so focused on the DAYS spent in the gym. There’s so many more factors in the training beyond how many times you walk through the door that week 😂

Tell that to Nick walker or B-boy, I am talking here about elite/advanced bb´ers.
If we are just going to name drop successful bodybuilders that coincide with our views, this thread is just going to go on forever lol.

Samson for one (who beat Nick walker) who is under milos… very high volume… or Hadi who is under hany… also very high volume…

But as I said pointing out these names anyways is pointless.

If we are just going to name drop successful bodybuilders that coincide with our views, this thread is just going to go on forever lol.

It does sound like OP is coping. He's found something which works for him, and he's trying to find further evidence that this is definitely the way forward not just for him but for everyone.

It's quite normal behaviour to want to back up our decisions, if you purchase a Tesla for example you may well spend days reading positive reviews about Tesla and Musk to back your opinion.

I just think OP needs to recognise that's what he's doing before turning it into a thread on a bodybuilding forum.

It does sound like OP is coping. He's found something which works for him, and he's trying to find further evidence that this is definitely the way forward not just for him but for everyone.

It's quite normal behaviour to want to back up our decisions, if you purchase a Tesla for example you may well spend days reading positive reviews about Tesla and Musk to back your opinion.

I just think OP needs to recognise that's what he's doing before turning it into a thread on a bodybuilding forum.
You are pretty right tbh! I used to be the guy that went 5/6/7 times a week and now get a lot better results. I can push all my sets a lot harder now.

Funny some guys seem to get offended, just a suggestion that might work for a lot of us that get overtrained/lack of of drive. Not just for older fucks.

You’re just honestly not making a lot of sense man. You’re so focused on the DAYS spent in the gym. There’s so many more factors in the training beyond how many times you walk through the door that week 😂
By all means if you walk trough that door to fuck around or do abs and cardio be my guest.

Want to train as hard as possible? Try to walk trough that door less then your head maybe wants ;)

You are pretty right tbh! I used to be the guy that went 5/6/7 times a week and now get a lot better results. I can push all my sets a lot harder now.

Funny some guys seem to get offended, just a suggestion that might work for a lot of us that get overtrained/lack of of drive. Not just for older fucks.
No one’s offended. The issue is that your post is not making a suggestion, it’s stating in a very “factual” way that people are doing too much and 5-6x a week training is inherently suboptimal vs less… which obviously people are going to disagree with because making such a blanket statement that is missing tons of context and nuance is ridiculous.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws