over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

acid reflux ?

oneunit

Newbies
does anyone here suffer from severe acid reflux? if so what do you use to help? my acide reflux affect me usually after training or after a meal when its time to goto bed.

I have it too

I am no doctor, but have done research and tried different things.

there are 4 main causes, that I know of.

1. is diet; coffee,alcohol, citrus fruit, tomato based stuff especially ketchup.

the coffee and alcohol, create some kind of strange bacteria in the small intestines. I can't elaborate much more on the mechanics of that. but I believe this one is the leading cause of it in America

and the citrus fruits and tomato based stuff make your body produce extra acid to digest.

2. the esophagus curves at the bottom, to prevent acid from going back up. but if you are overweight, or have a big gut, it can straighten out the esophagus, making it easier for the acid to come back up.

3. smoking or sucking on candy. what this does is loosen up or weaken the muscle that closes off the esophagus to the stomach ( i think it is called upper spinchter). this one probably takes years to take effect. and there is no cure for this one except having an operation.

4. stress

If you have the means bro, go see a doctor.

prilosec is great, but it can take hours to start working. so I just take one every morning. there cheap. If you forget to take one, and start feeling the indigestion, just take a couple of tums or rolaids or drink a cup of milk. this will stop the indigestion for a couple of hours until the prilosec kicks in.

Zantac, or pepseid ac are a waste of money in my book.

nexxium is by far the best. but very expensive, and you need a script for it.

hope that helps you bro

Reflux relief

First, the majority of your acid secreting cells are your parietal cells in your gut. They have receptors for various molecules, espcially for histamine, acetylcholine and gastrin, all of which can stimulate gastric acid. The parietal cells serve as the target cells for inhibition. These targets are H2RA receptors. This is where drugs like Zantac come into play. They bind to the receptor and "turn it off".
These drugs are effective for the treatment of mild to moderate acid reflux and dyspepsia.

Prilosec OTC is another therapeutic option for treating patients with acid reflux. Prilosec targets the proton pump receptors also in your gut. So by combining the two drugs your are inhibiting two different forms of acid secreting portions of the gut cells.
Now, why only two weeks. The Prilosec often takes about 1 to 5 days to take effect ...........while the Zantac may take effect in an hour , so you are providing immediate relief.
The reason why the protocol requires 2 weeks is how long the prilosec take to work optimally. After 2 weeks your parietal cells are shut off due to allosteric inhibition, just a fancy way of saying those cells are not producing acid. This effect last about 4 months. Hence the 3-4 month cycle. The Zantac shuts off the gastric acid immediately while the Prilosec does it work and continues its effect for about 3 months.
Your doc may put you on Nexium....... 20 mg or 40 mg...... If your have erosive esophagitis he may require you take medication everyday. For reflux disease the usual requirement is daily for 4-8 weeks......... you may have a severe form of acid reflux.

acid reflux

both Phil and Tkov1981 are correct i have a serious case unknown cause i used to wear a belt all day while working in the gym as a traininer and training and i think it might have caused some issues i also have a slight hiatal hernia im taking prevacid however i have a lot of hiccups and at times excesssive burping after meals my dr said i swallow too much air when eating had an endoscopy and mri had a slighlt enlarged liver however enzymes were not high in normal range i cant eat too much at one meal i get dyspepsia as phil described which is a part of acid reflux as well. its a pain in the ass

Yes,
I take prilosec every single day. Like someone said above, citric acid and tomato sauce are my enemies!

No sodas,no red sauce! NEVER!

clean up your eating...

that was my problem.

over time if you do not treat your acid reflux, it can lead to gastritis (google it) this is NOT FUN!!

I had the severe end of it and it sucks.

STAY AWAY FROM:

Acid fruits and veggies
Spicy things
and ALCOHOL for sure.

First, the majority of your acid secreting cells are your parietal cells in your gut. They have receptors for various molecules, espcially for histamine, acetylcholine and gastrin, all of which can stimulate gastric acid. The parietal cells serve as the target cells for inhibition. These targets are H2RA receptors. This is where drugs like Zantac come into play. They bind to the receptor and "turn it off".
These drugs are effective for the treatment of mild to moderate acid reflux and dyspepsia.

Prilosec OTC is another therapeutic option for treating patients with acid reflux. Prilosec targets the proton pump receptors also in your gut. So by combining the two drugs your are inhibiting two different forms of acid secreting portions of the gut cells.
Now, why only two weeks. The Prilosec often takes about 1 to 5 days to take effect ...........while the Zantac may take effect in an hour , so you are providing immediate relief.
The reason why the protocol requires 2 weeks is how long the prilosec take to work optimally. After 2 weeks your parietal cells are shut off due to allosteric inhibition, just a fancy way of saying those cells are not producing acid. This effect last about 4 months. Hence the 3-4 month cycle. The Zantac shuts off the gastric acid immediately while the Prilosec does it work and continues its effect for about 3 months.
Your doc may put you on Nexium....... 20 mg or 40 mg...... If your have erosive esophagitis he may require you take medication everyday. For reflux disease the usual requirement is daily for 4-8 weeks......... you may have a severe form of acid reflux.
Damn when did you get your doctrine degree, you one smart dude

What Phil said.

Nexuim is great for folks like me who suffer from acid reflux - I now take it only 2 or 3 times a week. Especially when I eat heavy fish like salmon

Cheers

Acid reflux is caused by liver load.

Organic Apple Cider Vinegar, 2 tbsp in 4oz water immediately upon waking, will end all acid reflux. Totally natural, cheap, healthy. Don't use the pharmaceutical POISON.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131