over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

acid reflux

oneunit

Newbies
why does it seem that most body builders i know seem to have acide reflux some worse than others however what causes this ?

My guess?

why does it seem that most body builders i know seem to have acide reflux some worse than others however what causes this ?

Probably from the large amount of food. :confused:

Taking digestive enzymes with meals can help.

I think it is hereditary too, My BF has it bad and he is no bodybuilder. If he eats late at night, the food comes up and he chokes on it. So annoying, I have to sleep on the couch.:mad: Of course at first I felt bad now after 9 years it pisses me off!

my Dr. says it ight never go away however if i eat too much i throw up if i lay down after a meal it might come back up ive tried prevacid reglan nexium etc its anoying constant belching etc hiccups ive had every test done im told just a bad case of acid reflux

sounds good bro im preparing for bev francis show in ny in april im at 230lbs but i cant eat like im supposed to becasue of this shit and its annoying belching all the time throwing up if i eat too much its even disrupting my sleep at times.

Guys I am told it is from a couple different reasons. first, it is the amount of food we eat in order to try and grow. We overstuff ourselves and this tears the esophogus lining which is the cause of the reflux. Secondly, it also happens when we are performorming heavy lifts, namely squats and we hold our breathe, this can also cause tearing in the esophogus. combine both of these examples and figure that over the course of several years of this and you can see why its so prevelant amongst bodybuilders.

Yeah, I have to take nexium, 40mg per day... but I have a history of acid reflux in my family. Family members have had to have surgery to correct it, so I'm doing it as preventative measures.

I eat well, healthy, but still I had those terrible nights waking up with real bad reflux.

Not anymore. It's a relief not having to chew tums like candy.

over the counter Omeprazole..(generic prilosec) one a day keeps the heartburn away for me..I had a nexium prescip but it's crazy money..30 dollar co-pay for a months worth when I can get 48 tabs of omeprazole for 20 bucks at the pharmacy OTC.. I've been told by my doctor that it also could be caused by a malfunction of the LES muscle (lower esophaegal sphinctor) that allows acid to back up into the esophagus.. I also read recently that sodium can be an attributing factor in increasing the acid as well.

over the counter Omeprazole..(generic prilosec) one a day keeps the heartburn away for me..I had a nexium prescip but it's crazy money..30 dollar co-pay for a months worth when I can get 48 tabs of omeprazole for 20 bucks at the pharmacy OTC.. I've been told by my doctor that it also could be caused by a malfunction of the LES muscle (lower esophaegal sphinctor) that allows acid to back up into the esophagus.. I also read recently that sodium can be an attributing factor in increasing the acid as well.

I also use OTC Omeprazole everyday for acid reflux. I get heartburn from hell if I don't, usually in the middle of the night or when I'm lying down. I had no ideal that this was a common problem among lifters.

I also use OTC Omeprazole everyday for acid reflux. I get heartburn from hell if I don't, usually in the middle of the night or when I'm lying down. I had no ideal that this was a common problem among lifters.

yes OTC prilosec worked when nothing else did
that plus vegetable digestive enzymes is a flawless combo

if that dont work, you probably have an ulcer!

I'm one of the unlucky guys here with HORRIBLE acid reflux.

I really like prevacid but its too damm expensive, I have been taking prilosec\for a while and it does work :)

One reason for the bad acid reflux could be the orals you take, they are very harsh on your stomach, other factors could be OTC meds like Ibuprophen or alcohol and spicy foods. I know I get acid reflux when taking orals but otherwise I am fine. Make sure you always take your orals with some food to minimize irration to your stomach.

I think it is hereditary too, My BF has it bad and he is no bodybuilder. If he eats late at night, the food comes up and he chokes on it. So annoying, I have to sleep on the couch.:mad: Of course at first I felt bad now after 9 years it pisses me off!

One thing you cannot do with acid reflux is eat late. Going to bed without digesting is a mistake he should have learned to avoid. If he has to eat something it should be small and then take some time to digest before lying down. I went through this myself. I have gotten used to it.

Try apple cider vinigar and aloe vera. They both help. Take both before meals.

tht shit destroys my stomach

chamomile is good too

anyone suffering from constant ongoing heartburn should read this

**broken link removed**

there are methods to reverse these things . consult a doctor

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear