over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Adding weight to machines?

jayuk

Registered
Guys

Any of you know where to get those devices from which fits on top of the selectorized weights so you can then add more plates on?...I cant recall what you call these!!....

But it sits on the top, has a centre pole thing that comes out and you then put on 10 and 20kg plates?

J

Kind of...but that may not work as alot of the time the selectorised area is guarded by mesh at the sides.....so it would prove difficult getting that on....

hey

just throw another long pin and carefully...add a 45lb plate etc!

Ive always just added a pin with an additional 45 and one day i went in and had the pec deck machine ready and turned around and the manager took my weight off... telling me the pin cant support it!! which is BS.... he went into this whole thing about insurance and legal responsibilty if the machine were to break and injure someone how they would be responsible.... i can understand some of the things he was saying but seriously!!! however, not being on that side of the biz i just let it go... he felt bad and gave me a t-shirt LOL... ruins somethings.... I know a few on here own gyms any thought on this?? thanks so much

Kind of...but that may not work as alot of the time the selectorised area is guarded by mesh at the sides.....so it would prove difficult getting that on....

I've also seen one that's shaped like an angled S that fits on the front of the stack that would not be impeded by the sides. I'm trying to find it now for you. Actually I think someone here may have built one. That may be where I saw it.

Last edited:
If I see anybody altering a machine in such a way I am required to make sure they stop. It is an insurance liability. If you lose your insurance over something like this, chances are no one will insure you again. The gym would then have to close. (at least that is what the higher ups tell us):rolleyes:

Ive always just added a pin with an additional 45 and one day i went in and had the pec deck machine ready and turned around and the manager took my weight off... telling me the pin cant support it!! which is BS.... he went into this whole thing about insurance and legal responsibilty if the machine were to break and injure someone how they would be responsible.... i can understand some of the things he was saying but seriously!!! however, not being on that side of the biz i just let it go... he felt bad and gave me a t-shirt LOL... ruins somethings.... I know a few on here own gyms any thought on this?? thanks so much

Glad I havent run into that problem. I always use a pin to attach weights to the stack. It is strange how they make the stacks so damn small. Things like cable rows need to go much higher than 320 lbs! Now ive gotten away from doing machines much and dont really worry about it.

I have several of the devices you are talking about. Since I own the gym and I use all the equipment in it I have all of my cables custom made for the extra load. I call the device a J hook. It can easily stack 3 45'ers on the end. All the cables in my gym are rated to 6 tons!!:eek: My shit don't break!!

I have several of the devices you are talking about. Since I own the gym and I use all the equipment in it I have all of my cables custom made for the extra load. I call the device a J hook. It can easily stack 3 45'ers on the end. All the cables in my gym are rated to 6 tons!!:eek: My shit don't break!!

Now thats my idea of a real gym!

Yes, Oldfella has the devices you want Jayuk...Now if I can only get him to open up in So Cal...;)

pix?

Guys

Any of you know where to get those devices from which fits on top of the selectorized weights so you can then add more plates on?...I cant recall what you call these!!....

But it sits on the top, has a centre pole thing that comes out and you then put on 10 and 20kg plates?

J

ive stacked dumbells on these machines for more weight.

ive stacked dumbells on these machines for more weight.

i do the same exact thing, laying them perpendicular on top of the stack. you can really hear the machine stressing though

Guys in all honesty please be careful with some of those machines, I have seen horrible accidents with people overloading some weight machines in what I will call a lesser gym. As I stated i have had most of my gym equipment custom built for heavy lifting. It was because of training in lesser gyms that I did this with mine. I have snapped cables on seated row machines and gotten hurt. Not seriously but still hurt. Just be careful!! :cool: :D

Guys in all honesty please be careful with some of those machines, I have seen horrible accidents with people overloading some weight machines in what I will call a lesser gym. As I stated i have had most of my gym equipment custom built for heavy lifting. It was because of training in lesser gyms that I did this with mine. I have snapped cables on seated row machines and gotten hurt. Not seriously but still hurt. Just be careful!! :cool: :D

Once had a seated row machine cable break on me too. I was using the stack, no more. I guess the cable was just worn. How long do most cables last if they get a decent amount of use?

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws