mega-banner2
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Aldactone question NOBODY ever seems to be able to answer.. (shitload/sodium related)

TooPowerful4u

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
This question is always avoided, overlooked, and ignored. I guess nobody really knows the correct answer? Either way, lets give this one last shot...

We all know the basics of aldactone, lowers aldesterone which in turn inhibits the bodies ability to reabsorb sodium, thus keeping you dry (water follows sodium, no sodium = no water). This can also leave you flat if not done right, no water = flat muscles.

*NOTE* it does not flush sodium from the body, only stops the body from holding it*

MY QUESTION IS.....
Yes, aldactone inhibits the bodies ability to reabsorb sodium, BUT does it hinder the bodies ability to UTALIZE sodium still being intaken through the diet in order to load muscles? We all know sodium is needed in order to load carbs and water into the muscle.

Say you were eating a diet high in sodium closer to the show while loading (shitload if you wanna call it that, its been known as that), your water is already off and your pretty dry, but your not completly full. Will the presence of aldactone hinder your bodies ability to use that sodium coming in from the diet in order to load those carbs? You have pretty much stopped the excessive urination at this point, so there really is no way for your body to clear that sodium correct? So ....my theory would be that you could still load up pretty effeciently with the aldactone in your system.

THOUGHTS?

Side question.... if you cannot absorb any sodium due to the aldactone, but you have stopped pissing since you cut your water HOURS ago and are pretty dry, how does your body clear the sodium from your system? Only way to clear sodium is to urinate. Where does the sodium go and what does it do?

OK SOMEBODY SCHOOL ME :D

i hope your not trying to figure this out for sat:D

I am assuming that you are starting aldactone as early as Mon or Teus before the show correct? I am also assuming that you have already started taking aldactone while you are in the process of carbing and you are taking in rather large amounts of sodium too? Why on God's green earth would anyone start taking aldactone this early? What is the theory behind this? Why would you cut your water so early as to "think" you would need aldactone? Actually I know what you're reasons are, but I can tell you from experience that you are going down the wrong path. The only time that you might need some aldactone would be the night before or the morning of a show and then most likey a half a tab.

Magnum said:
I am assuming that you are starting aldactone as early as Mon or Teus before the show correct? I am also assuming that you have already started taking aldactone while you are in the process of carbing and you are taking in rather large amounts of sodium too? Why on God's green earth would anyone start taking aldactone this early? What is the theory behind this? Why would you cut your water so early as to "think" you would need aldactone? Actually I know what you're reasons are, but I can tell you from experience that you are going down the wrong path. The only time that you might need some aldactone would be the night before or the morning of a show and then most likey a half a tab.
how could peoples protocol opinoins vary that much?? from the night before to a week long?? or longer??:confused:

db006 said:
how could peoples protocol opinoins vary that much?? from the night before to a week long?? or longer??:confused:

When a person cuts back on their water your body produces the hormone aldosterone so you then start to retain water. This is the only reason to use aldactone and why would anyone cut their water any sooner than Fri early evening at the earliest?

No need to assume... im gonna PM u ;) iv done nothing of the sort just felt in the mood to learn...

See ya sat DB :D

TooPowerful4u said:
No need to assume... im gonna PM u ;) iv done nothing of the sort just felt in the mood to learn...

Sorry if that seemed harsh. It's just that I have seen countless physiques ruined becasue of the standard last minute dry out process.

Magnum said:
Sorry if that seemed harsh. It's just that I have seen countless physiques ruined becasue of the standard last minute dry out process.
Its cool, good to see a good hearted person who actually cares, check your PM bro..

Getting prep advice from 7 different sources probably isn't the best approach, either. Are you ever going to learn this? :rolleyes:

I do wish you well this weekend, though.

Skip

Magnum said:
I read that your Pro friend you mentioned here before didn't use any diuretics for his last outing, and he was in very good condition.

But if one were to use a tab of something the night before to get the last bit of water off, what would be your diuretic of choise?

TooPowerful4u said:

atleast i have some good news for ya............im probably gonna make middles.:D

that should ease your mind a little.;)

Skip said:
Getting prep advice from 7 different sources probably isn't the best approach, either. Are you ever going to learn this? :rolleyes:

I do wish you well this weekend, though.

Skip

Dont worry im not ;)

db006 said:
atleast i have some good news for ya............im probably gonna make middles.:D

that should ease your mind a little.;)

oh yes, now the stress is lifted :rolleyes:

Aldosterone is triggered from sodium levels being low more than it is from water intake.

KillerStack said:
I read that your Pro friend you mentioned here before didn't use any diuretics for his last outing, and he was in very good condition.

But if one were to use a tab of something the night before to get the last bit of water off, what would be your diuretic of choise?

Tuff to answer cause it would depend on how much water you were holding. Generally just a half tab of aldactone on Fri night possibly Sat morn. This is not to say that I never use diuretics. Remember that when you use other diuretics the last place that water is pulled is from underneath the skin.

Last edited:
Wolfpack said:
Aldosterone is triggered from sodium levels being low more than it is from water intake.

True, it is released from the adrenal glands and there are other factors that triggers the release such as stress and who isn't stressed right before a show. :D

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
DRock1!
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131