over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

aldactone question...

lucian

Featured Member/ Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
how many of you have experience with miss timing or using too much aldactone? if you use too much is there any way to reverse it or you just have to go in looking like crap. some say take it 3 days some say 7-10 days out. supposedly it is weak and takes a while to work. is there a way to use aldactone and dyazide together? seems like diuretics are the most messed up part of prep.
open for discussion
god bless
lucian

how many of you have experience with miss timing or using too much aldactone? if you use too much is there any way to reverse it or you just have to go in looking like crap. some say take it 3 days some say 7-10 days out. supposedly it is weak and takes a while to work. is there a way to use aldactone and dyazide together? seems like diuretics are the most messed up part of prep.
open for discussion
god bless
lucian

lucian - aldactone is a crap shoot (even more so then the other diuretics) IMO. I used it a few times all it did is flatten me out. And I forget the actual science behind it, but it doesn't matter how much carbs/salt/fat etc you eat to fill out the aldactone suppresses it. This is MY experience and is not fact my any stretch, maybe others can chime in on the actual pharmacology of it.

lucian - aldactone is a crap shoot (even more so then the other diuretics) IMO. I used it a few times all it did is flatten me out. And I forget the actual science behind it, but it doesn't matter how much carbs/salt/fat etc you eat to fill out the aldactone suppresses it. This is MY experience and is not fact my any stretch, maybe others can chime in on the actual pharmacology of it.

this was the same with me also. i have a friend who wants to use it. i told him since he hasnt used it before there is no way to know how it will effect him. i filled out like 2 days later. but the dyazide worked great another few times. but i have another friend who did aldactone 2x this year and got totaly peeled and was full and dry. he cut sodium and took it i think for 5 days. just figured i would get some of you guys who have used it, to chime in.
if you go flat with the dyazide just eat some potatoe chips or french frys w salt and a lil gatorade and boom back in buisness. as longs as there is not a lot of fluid coming in.....theres no water to hold. opinion?
thanks bro
god bless
lucian

Aldactone inhibits the hormone aldosterone. When you take Aldactone you pretty much make it very hard for the body to re-abosrb sodium and water. You need water to a certain degree to carb up and fill out the muscle. You just don't want it (the water) right below the skin to blur out defenition. The problem is that if you deplete too much and end up flat, forget about filling back up because your body won't be able to soak up water or sodium because you have blocked the hormone that regulates this. The theory behind using Aldactone, at least in my opinion is, be lean enough and full enough then get rid of any extra water (how ever you need to) and then make sure it stays off for a while and is not re-absorbed.

Honestly though, dealing with all that crap is just a headache and even more reason to not use a diuretic. If you are lean enough and I mean truely shredded, water should not be a big issue to begin with. There are plenty of guys on this board that don't use them and they happen to be the hardest guys that have competed as of late. Go figure. In the end if your bodyfat is history so will your competition.

If you choose to use diuretics (which IMO is a bad idea) and opt for aldactone, then you should only start using it when already filled out... full but still not spilling over.

Basically this means you have to carb load early in the week (we suppose you're on a depleted state at this point) with NO diuretic, and when by wednesday or thursday you feel your glycogen stores are high enough and you're on the verge of retaining water subq, then you start aldactone (preferably at a low dose like 25 mg twice a day).

Aldactone is not designed to make you lose water... it will just help you with not retaining fluids.

Which means if on friday night you consider you're not dry enough and still choose to walk the diuretic path, you can take some diazide before bed.

Again there are much safer ways to get dry than using them. :) ;)

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
RES15NMV
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws