over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Anadrol and Liver cancer

MR.BICEPS

Banned
Who believes using anadrol causes liver cancer?

I have about 1/3 of a bottle left I purchased a year and a half ago and I am now afraid too finish off what I have after reading so much neagativity about the drug..

The longest I ever took it was for 4 weeks and I never took more than 75mgs per day..

Anyone else scared of developing or hear of anyone developing liver cancer with drol?

Last edited:
MR.BICEPS said:
Who believes using anadrol causes liver cancer?

I have about 1/3 of a bottle left I purchased a year and a half ago and I am now afraid too finish off what I have after reading so much neagativity about the drug..

The longest I ever took it was for 4 weeks and I never took more than 75mgs per day..

Anyone else scared of developing or hear of anyone developing liver cancer with drol?

this is what i think,some people could have a cancer and dont even know about it,untill one day they check.do anadrol can cause the liver cancer,i think if you have link to it yes it could to make it develope faster.everybody has some weeker liver or hard or what ever.and it could be ok until one day.this is why we need to go to doc and do check up every year.

Load up n R-ALA and NAC, liver will get plenty of help.

Ive used liv-52 but it makes me nervous and irritable..My wifes said is makes me have PMS.....lol

My guess is long term abuse with high dosages is when the problems arise but its still scary because I know of no other steroid other than drol that supposedly causes liver cancer for some..

Once cancer gets into the liver your goner...

Makes me wonder why anyone would want to use drol if d-bol is much safer in term of the cancer realted issue???I wish I had order d-bol instead of the drol...

Here is Anadrol's "black box" warning. This type of warning is FDA mandated in a drug's prescribing information when it causes serious or life threatening side effects. Many drugs have these "black boxes" and they often sound scarier than they really are. However, this is a real risk. The big danger is that you may not know you have a problem until it is too late. Also, not to start a flame war, but there is no magic supplement (liver detox vodoo BS) that will prevent this type of drug induced hepatic event or fulminant liver failure.

BLACK BOX WARNING
Peliosis hepatis, a condition in which liver and sometimes splenic tissue is replaced
with blood-filled cysts, has been reported in patients receiving androgenic anabolic
steroid therapy. These cysts are sometimes present with minimal hepatic
dysfunction, but at other times they have been associated with liver failure. They
are often not recognized until life-threatening liver failure or intra-abdominal
hemorrhage develops. Withdrawal of drug usually results in complete
disappearance of lesions.
Liver cell tumors are also reported. Most often these tumors are benign and
androgen-dependent, but fatal malignant tumors have been reported. Withdrawal of
drug often results in regression or cessation of progression of the tumor. However,
hepatic tumors associated with androgens or anabolic steroids are much more
vascular than other hepatic tumors and may be silent until life-threatening intraabdominal
hemorrhage develops.
Blood lipid changes that are known to be associated with increased risk of
atherosclerosis are seen in patients treated with androgens and anabolic steroids.
These changes include decreased high density lipoprotein and sometimes increased
low density lipoprotein. The changes may be very marked and could have a serious
impact on the risk of atherosclerosis and coronary artery disease.

Also note that this prescribing information is specific to Anadrol even though it only mentions "androgens" in the text. For example, testosterone does not have a black box warning relating to hepatic events.

just my thoughts... just say no to orals... especially anadrol... to each his own but it scares the hell out of me.

Damn it, the risks of cancer are so overstated. Do you take Tylenol? Way worse-so is drinking. Use a liver protectant. A50 is no worse mg for mg than
any other 17aa AAS. The studies showing cancer from Anadrol were very old, non-controlled, using geriatric patients who were sickly and on massive doseages.

I only use an oral for 4-6wks because it always seems to lose a bit of effectiveness at that point. I then switch to another oral.

Dang MikeS we are like twins finishing each others sentences today. I agree 100% with what you just responded with. MM

MikeS said:
Damn it, the risks of cancer are so overstated. Do you take Tylenol? Way worse-so is drinking. Use a liver protectant. A50 is no worse mg for mg than
any other 17aa AAS. The studies showing cancer from Anadrol were very old, non-controlled, using geriatric patients who were sickly and on massive doseages.

I only use an oral for 4-6wks because it always seems to lose a bit of effectiveness at that point. I then switch to another oral.

DITTO!!!!!!!!!!!! to what he said :D

leap

MR.BICEPS said:
Ive used liv-52 but it makes me nervous and irritable..My wifes said is makes me have PMS.....lol

My guess is long term abuse with high dosages is when the problems arise but its still scary because I know of no other steroid other than drol that supposedly causes liver cancer for some..

Once cancer gets into the liver your goner...

Makes me wonder why anyone would want to use drol if d-bol is much safer in term of the cancer realted issue???I wish I had order d-bol instead of the drol...

I never heard those side effects with LIV-52. Some folks do react differently than others do to certain compounds though. Maybe you should try some Synthergine instead. IMO, it's much better than LIV-52 anyway. If you decide to use the Anadrol do like MikeS suggested and only stay on the 'drol for 4-6 weeks. Also, dont go crazy with the dose...50-100mg should be plenty.

MikeS said:

i remember those "studies" i think the doses that caused liver problems were 300mg/day for 8months or some shit...in patients with already weakend bodies.

I am not against the use of Anadrol, but there are greater risks versus other options that are available. Of course not everyone will experience these side affects or the FDA would have long pulled the drug form the market.

MikeS, you might be right, Tylenol is likely just as hepatotoxic as Anadrol. However, only if you take Tylenol at high doses for long period of time. If you take the recommended dose the likelihood of having any problems is very low. The same with Anadrol, you just have to use some common sense on how long you use it and keep your dose sane.

Here is what you need to be watching for when you are on this drug, or any 17aa for that matter:

Along with its needed effects, your medicine may cause some unwanted side effects. Some side effects may be very serious. Some side effects may go away as your body adjusts to the medicine. Tell your health care provider if you have any side effects that continue or get worse.

Life-threatening (Report these to your health care provider right away. If you cannot reach your health care provider right away, get emergency medical care or call 911 for help): Allergic reaction (hives; itching; rash; trouble breathing; tightness in your chest; swelling of your lips, tongue, and throat).

Serious (report these to your health care provider right away): Yellowish eyes or skin, dark urine, black or very light bowel movements, sore throat, fever, bloody vomit, red spots on your skin or in your mouth.

Other: Diarrhea, depression, bone pain, bloating, chills, muscle cramps, trouble sleeping, acne.

Important: Other side effects have been reported, especially in women and young men and after long-term use.

Men: Painful erections of the penis that will not return to normal, breast enlargement.

Women: Hoarseness or deepening of voice, facial hair, hair loss, changes in menstrual periods.

Snarf said:
Other: Diarrhea, depression, bone pain, bloating, chills, muscle cramps, trouble sleeping, acne.
What's the deal with muscle cramps. I've been getting terrible cramps both off and on, but definately worse when on (and I don't use 'drol).

WOW..

Snarf you have me worried bro...Not sure what to do with the left over drol????? :confused:

xcelbeyond said:
What's the deal with muscle cramps. I've been getting terrible cramps both off and on, but definately worse when on (and I don't use 'drol).

Taurine and water

here is my take on all this

If anyone here thinks taking steroids in high doses, or toxic ones for long periods of time is not harmful has a agenda, and is not telling the truth. Steroids are not harmless, but the negative side effects can be lessend and the damage (if any) be at a minimum if you educate yourself. If you think taking anadrol is harmless to you..your outta your mind. PERIOD! I want medical proof that is doesnt!..We as bodybuilders always defend our right to take these supplements, and try to convince the public that there harmless, but there not. Now there not as bad as the media bombards us with either. You cannot compare taking a shot of test with taking anadrol. Its proven to cause problems..hell I know quite of few BB's, at all levels who wont touch it anymore, and I never had. If we are ever going to be taking seriously from anyone outside our lifestyle, you cannot go around saying taking anadrol is like taking aspirin. When you do that you clearly look like you have an agenda, and anyone your trying to convince and educate will not take us seriously. AS should legal for any responsible adult to take if they chose. Hell you can go buy a pack of smokes that will kill you, and your allowed to do it. Do we know its harmful..YES, does it keep people from smoking them..NO. We have to be careful about coming across like we have an agenda. Look at the medical marijuana BS..This is cleary a back door to get social pot smoking legal. Your ever listen to these people..pot is harmless..blah blah blah. Should people be allowed to smoke pot? Yes if they want too, is it harmless..NO. When ever you try to convince anyone that what you want to do legally is harmless, and its not. you come off as a snake oil salesman..and your done, and the battle is lost..my .02

Last edited:
Ive also read were taking a liver care product takes away the affectiveness of the steroid itself..

I'll never do another oral steroid after using up this left over drol...Drol makes me way stronger than injectables so I can see how some become addicted to them..

Bi's if your so worried about taking it just send it to me and I'll let you see it cause a hematoma of my muscles as they swell out of control. lol They dose to o.d. on tylenol isn't that outrageous either. I was in class with a girl that o.d. on it when we were younger. She was consuming between 6-8 a day for a week or so due to a chronic headache which would later be determined a migrane and meds were prescribed. I don't take any medicaltions unless I'm really, really sick as I believe from the studies and the people I know in the health field that know there shit that most is almost more harmful in the long run. I'd rather run my chances with gear, a good diet, and rest than taking meds.

Johnny Bravo said:
If anyone here thinks taking steroids in high doses, or toxic ones for long periods of time is not harmful has a agenda, and is not telling the truth. Steroids are not harmless, but the negative side effects can be lessend and the damage (if any) be at a minimum if you educate yourself. If you think taking anadrol is harmless to you..your outta your mind. PERIOD! I want medical proof that is doesnt!..We as bodybuilders always defend our right to take these supplements, and try to convince the public that there harmless, but there not. Now there not as bad as the media bombards us with either. You cannot compare taking a shot of test with taking anadrol. Its proven to cause problems..hell I know quite of few BB's, at all levels who wont touch it anymore, and I never had. If we are ever going to be taking seriously from anyone outside our lifestyle, you cannot go around saying taking anadrol is like taking aspirin. When you do that you clearly look like you have an agenda, and anyone your trying to convince and educate will not take us seriously. AS should legal for any responsible adult to take if they chose. Hell you can go buy a pack of smokes that will kill you, and your allowed to do it. Do we know its harmful..YES, does it keep people from smoking them..NO. We have to be careful about coming across like we have an agenda. Look at the medical marijuana BS..This is cleary a back door to get social pot smoking legal. Your ever listen to these people..pot is harmless..blah blah blah. Should people be allowed to smoke pot? Yes if they want too, is it harmless..NO. When ever you try to convince anyone that what you want to do legally is harmless, and its not. you come off as a snake oil salesman..and your done, and the battle is lost..my .02

I have to disagree with you on some off these. Medical pot use. Show me a study that proves it's harmful. Don't make it sound like people that do it are just using it as an excuse. I have family members and friends that use it for medical reasons and it works. There not even the type to smoke pot. They were in there late 40's, 50's and 60's during use. They never used for enjoyment and never used at a younger age.
Mike S just told you why the studies were disproven in the anadrol case. Find me a study that says it's bad or harmful. All the little books out by the guru's reccomend A50 up to doses of around 500mg a week. "Most" user will only take 1 a day or maybe even half. So that gives you 350mg, well under the "reccomended" dosage.
As far as tylenol, find me a study that says prolonged use or high dosages isn't bad. I'll find you the studies of it that says it does more harm than good. Acetominaphine(sp) tears up your liver! The guy that owns my football team is a pharmaceutical rep and works with stuff like this all the time and has reports out the ass that show how many oer the counter drugs are more detrimental to health that positive.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws