over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Any Insights on Pulled Muscle

xcelbeyond

The "Elder" Mod
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
This last Wednesday I felt a muscle get pulled in my back when doing pullups. It was around the top of the lat.shoulder area. It was sore as hell and I backed off the amount of weight I was using and finished working out.

It was VERY sore that day - right around my shoulder blade. I just thought I'd take a break for a couple of days and it has been feeling (much) better each passing day. I thought I would workout on Sat or Sun, as it's getting better that quick.

When I was putting on deoderant this morning, I developed a HUGE purple bruise on my back - right at the edge of my arm pit, like on each side or pit (top and bottom). From the back, it's on the edge of back, next to my armpit.

I tend to bruise very easy but have never had anything like this happen when I pulled a muscle. Any feedback, insights, are appreciated.

XCEL....AT LEAST YOU WERE DOING SOMETHING PRODUCTIVE WHEN IT HAPPENED!

I DID A HAMSTRING LIKE THAT A FEW YEARS AGO....TURNED BLACK AND BLUE FROM MY ASS CHEEK ON DOWN TO THE BACK OF MY KNEE. [DOING SPRINTS ON MY LIGHT LEG DAY] ANYWAY...I THOUGHT IT WAS TORN. TURNS OUT IT WASN'T ....JUST A BAD PULL.

ARE YOU WORRIED THAT YOU TORE A LAT?

xcelbeyond said:
This last Wednesday I felt a muscle get pulled in my back when doing pullups. It was around the top of the lat.shoulder area. It was sore as hell and I backed off the amount of weight I was using and finished working out.

It was VERY sore that day - right around my shoulder blade. I just thought I'd take a break for a couple of days and it has been feeling (much) better each passing day. I thought I would workout on Sat or Sun, as it's getting better that quick.

When I was putting on deoderant this morning, I developed a HUGE purple bruise on my back - right at the edge of my arm pit, like on each side or pit (top and bottom). From the back, it's on the edge of back, next to my armpit.

I tend to bruise very easy but have never had anything like this happen when I pulled a muscle. Any feedback, insights, are appreciated.

My guess would be you tore your lat. It attatches to your humerus which would explain the bruising on both side of the armpit. I would be real cautious in your workouts and go light for a while as you don't want to completely detatch it.

WEll if you felt a pull from the spine to the shoulder blade, I would have to say you strained your rhombod minor or major. The bursing in the arm pit...well...like stated above, that would be more of a lat partical tear. I would ease of the heavy back day for a few weeks...we are older now so we talk a bit longer to heal. ;)

Thanks guys. I haven't worked out since Wed AM and it doesn't feel bad at all now. It "looks" terrible. Like I said, I bruise VERY easy. I've been retting these HUGE "surface" bruises that are more discoloration than anything no pain but they "move around" as they're just under the surface of the skin - and I didn't bump into anything. It's like right after I work shoulders, I get them :confused:
:sport-smi

You need to go see a sports medicine doctor...

Or heck even a general doc. They could do an MRI to show if you have torn it or not. And it sounds like a severe pull with some tearing. Im not sure though. Like I said if you have health insurance see a doc what could it hurt??? Let me know. :star-wars

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws