over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

anyone NOT do declines?

Dubs

Registered
My buddy gives me a call tonight, after his workout. He was training chest. He was waiting around to use the smith machine to do declines. Some national level competitor was using the smith, and my friend asks, how many sets left? the guy says 3. So my buddy starts to warm up, waiting around for this guy to finish his sets. After the 3rd set is over, my friend walks up to the smith, and the guy asks him what he's training that day. my buddy says, chest.. starting with declines.. to which the guy replies, FUCK DECLINES. theyre useless, youd be better off doing inclines and flat pressing. my friend asks why? the guy tells him "because of the natural progression of muscle growth, the muscle grows, and the lower chest fills out by its self as the rest of the chest grows."

Personally, i always thought that declines hit chest harder than inclines, because they placed too much emphasis on the delts??? this guy was pretty big, and no doubt on his way to his pro-card, as my friend described him, and "has never done declines".. while having a good lower chest development. What do you guys think?

Last edited:
i never did declines either. and my pecs grew just fine.. i did start doing declines for the past 2 or years. i like they way they feel so i do them. i rarely do incline just doesnt feel right to me.

Almost never did them. My current gym has no decline benches at all. Some people love them...I'm not one of them however.
;)

ive ever been a big fan of them, just can't get a good stretch off of them. i do agree with the doing inclines for a bigger chest though. your chest in convex in shape, fill out that upper pec area with just an extra inch and it looks like you have put on several on your entire chest. take a good look around next time your in the gym at how many guys are lacking upper chest development

not a fan of declines i hit 6 sets of dips after my chestworkout hits the lower chest NICE!!!!!!!!!!!

I never did em either for the past 5+years but I heard from people that you actually hit the chest the most doing declines. I've implemented them the past year but havent noticed that much more in growth than if I didnt do them.

i love decline. It allows you to do more wieght and get use to heavier loads (this will also build tendon/ligmant strength).
If you ever hit a plateau on flat or incline, use the decline for a few weeks and then go back to flat and incline and see what happens.

I've never really done declines either. I think my lower chest development is just fine. But I'm one of those weird guys who can incline more than he benches.... :rolleyes:

I never do Declines. Flat works the lower pec just fine for me. I focus more on incline anyways.

My chest is my worst bodypart.. But INcline Db press and Flat db flys have been the best for me so far. If i bench anything with a bar my wrists are shot for days after... the pain in so intense just trying to turn a door knob!

I'm no expert, but I stopped doing inclines because it always felt like I hit my delt more than anything. I put a quarter under the flat bench, seems to take out the delt a little better...

Presses on a low incline and flyes on both the flat and incline are my focus. No decline bench for me.

no

declines don't work for me. i use hammerstength incline.

I do all incline & flat work...mostly low incline

Never done declines. Inclines exclusively in presses and flat in flyes. My lower chest still overpowers the rest of the pecs.

My lower chest didn't get any decent development until I incorporated it. I will however use dips in my routine over decline.

I find gironda dips and declines to be the easiest on my shoulders.

My chest SUCKED until I did only declines....then I decided one day to do dips...with 4 plates and a quarter....thanks, declines!

well well i love to hear what phill got to say to this.what do you say phill? you know why im asking

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws