over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Anyone still do Hernons split?

I will try this! Thanks!

Just be careful not to strain the biceps tendon or get tendonitis. That movement puts a lot of stress on the tendon, and if you haven't built up to it you could cause some injury. See how it feels and maybe only do it once a week/every other workout.

Just be careful not to strain the biceps tendon or get tendonitis. That movement puts a lot of stress on the tendon, and if you haven't built up to it you could cause some injury. See how it feels and maybe only do it once a week/every other workout.
Yeah. I only do it once a week. But I do regular wide grip pullups with weight weekly too....so I'm sure that has helped with conditioning of the tendon.

But it's something you definitely want to build up to. Even doing negatives of these at the end of a bicep workout with just bodyweight is a good place to start.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

I seem to remember Phil was a fan of decline bench & dips for chest, lateral raises for shoulders, Smith machine for calves.

I always liked hearing what he had to say about training and diet but it sure was a lot of pseudo science.

I seem to remember Phil was a fan of decline bench & dips for chest, lateral raises for shoulders, Smith machine for calves.

I always liked hearing what he had to say about training and diet but it sure was a lot of pseudo science.

You remember correctly.

Nowadays he recommends whole body every day, 1 set to failure per bodypart, 15 to 20 reps. Take a day off as needed.

I tried it and it worked fine for legs, but not optimal for upper body.

I've been doing upper/lower split with days off when I feel tired and I feel good.
Yes phil had me doing it and it was awesome, got very strong, but it was a brutal workout, it took a lot to squat 405-455 for 20 reps everyday on top of everything else. I loved it and will return to doing it if I decide to get back on stage probably. Phil is a fucking genius, love him or hate him the guy knows how to build dense muscle tissue.

Yes phil had me doing it and it was awesome, got very strong, but it was a brutal workout, it took a lot to squat 405-455 for 20 reps everyday on top of everything else. I loved it and will return to doing it if I decide to get back on stage probably. Phil is a fucking genius, love him or hate him the guy knows how to build dense muscle tissue.

I agree. He knows how to think "outside of the box". He helped me out once.

Nowadays he recommends whole body every day, 1 set to failure per bodypart, 15 to 20 reps. Take a day off as needed.

I tried it and it worked fine for legs, but not optimal for upper body.

I've been doing upper/lower split with days off when I feel tired and I feel good.

From watching his youtube videos and facebook videos on training, he's stated a few different rep ranges. Ive heard 8-10, 15-20, 10-15. It sounds like your supposed use different rep ranges/weights each day rather then sticking with the same ones. Sounds like anywhere from 8-30 reps.

From watching his youtube videos and facebook videos on training, he's stated a few different rep ranges. Ive heard 8-10, 15-20, 10-15. It sounds like your supposed use different rep ranges/weights each day rather then sticking with the same ones. Sounds like anywhere from 8-30 reps.

One thing he believed in, and I agree, is to make the first set your heaviest because that is when you are strongest. That is of course after you warm up properly. Then he would have you drop the weight each successive set. Worked well for me I know.

Makes more sense then starting out light and working the weight up because by the time you get to the heavy set your muscles are already fatigued. You wont be able to use as much weight as you should.

This and changeing order of excercises.

I mean nowadays.

It's 15-20 to positive failure. 1 set per bodypart.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBkG6DQozE0"]Workoutgenie - YouTube[/ame]

I mean nowadays.

It's 15-20 to positive failure. 1 set per bodypart.

Workoutgenie - YouTube

That is probably because the workouts are now whole body, so you hit them every day.

Back when I was doing it with him in 07-08, right before my heart attack, it was 3 sets for each bodypart. 6 sets for back. 3 on 1 off. Worked well for me.

I been watching all his youtube vids now... dude actually has some solid advice... cray as fuck but solid advice

I been watching all his youtube vids now... dude actually has some solid advice... cray as fuck but solid advice

Yes, after reading this thread I did the same.

This one set per body part, full body everyday stuff, I just don't know though.

Yes, after reading this thread I did the same.

This one set per body part, full body everyday stuff, I just don't know though.

You can always bump that up to 2-3 sets or rest-pause.

When I was working with Phil he learned my wife was in upper management in the Dialysis industry. He literally spoke on the phone with here for well over an hour about some personal issues related to dialysis. What I can attest to is his "pro" size didn't come from these low doses you hear being tossed around associated with the golden era. Not crazy big either. Just not what you would consider "low dosing". Word was he hurt himself with D-bol. But that's just here say from this forum. It's not what Phil himself ever said to me or my wife.
I truly believe Phil is trying to protect the Gymrats from themselves with many of the things he says. But then you have to balance it against "is he just saying this because he wants to sell peptides to everyone instead of them buying gear instead". The only reason I mention this is because he did say contradicting things that lead to money in his pockets at times. I will say he surrounded himself with lying unscrupulous people that where out right scammers. (smallwood) and such........

I remember when I first got his original workout and read it. I was sooo disappointed. But after giving it an honest chance and truly going to true failure it kicks your ass. But like any workout, you can only ride a good horse for so long. I have returned to variations of this training over and over.

Did he ever say he took small doses?

I remember something like 2g of AAS plus HGH and slin. It was all pharma of course. Kinda normal for that era, I believe.

Did he ever say he took small doses?

I remember something like 2g of AAS plus HGH and slin. It was all pharma of course. Kinda normal for that era, I believe.

His post in 2007........

Ok, here is what I have looking back at my notes as far as the dosages I used. If I was on 1000 of test enan and 400 deca a week along with 18iu of gh per week with 30 iu slin per week I kept my bodyweight at 249 fairly lean. This was definately within striking distance of any show maybe 12 weeks out. Closer to the show I got, I used faster acting stuff in various combinations, never any orals, and never used site injections. Now, knowing what I know today, I would definately site inject because everyone does and you need to stay competitive. I also would not have used deca either. Winny V did the most for me at 50mg every other day, making my skin real thin and giving me a grainy look with great vascularity. I never used diuretics but maybe for 2 shows I used spiralactone, and I tried cytadren once with no noticable results/benifit. I once used 100mg of nolvadex the last 4 days before a show and it seemed to make me harder but I thought I was going to die. I always played it somewhat safe because I am basically a scaredycat when it comes to my health. I never did any cardio and always kept my workouts about 1/2 hour. I am telling you this because I want some to have a reference point here as to what they are doing. This worked for me, and today I have my health and I feel great. If I would have stayed in this too long who knows where I would be today.
Ok, here is what I have looking back at my notes as far as the dosages I used. If I was on 1000 of test enan and 400 deca a week along with 18iu of gh per week with 30 iu slin per week I kept my bodyweight at 249 fairly lean. This was definately within striking distance of any show maybe 12 weeks out. Closer to the show I got, I used faster acting stuff in various combinations, never any orals, and never used site injections. Now, knowing what I know today, I would definately site inject because everyone does and you need to stay competitive. I also would not have used deca either. Winny V did the most for me at 50mg every other day, making my skin real thin and giving me a grainy look with great vascularity. I never used diuretics but maybe for 2 shows I used spiralactone, and I tried cytadren once with no noticable results/benifit. I once used 100mg of nolvadex the last 4 days before a show and it seemed to make me harder but I thought I was going to die. I always played it somewhat safe because I am basically a scaredycat when it comes to my health. I never did any cardio and always kept my workouts about 1/2 hour. I am telling you this because I want some to have a reference point here as to what they are doing. This worked for me, and today I have my health and I feel great. If I would have stayed in this too long who knows where I would be today.

In the video of him in the Dallas Thread where they had him, Lee Priest, and Dave on...I think he said he was using 1500mg Test weekly, an Ampule of Sten EOD, and an Oral I think.

But don't quote me on this as it's been a few days since I watched it.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131