over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Anyone try GAKIC yet?

rAJJIN said:
Bump^

Is it On, or is it On? :confused:
Maybe szona or Tp4u can pick at random the guys to sample it
so we can keep this going?

we have already chosen 3, just awaiting the response. id like to see if this stuff really works

Same here, Please do keep us updated..Im
deffinatley curious.

im with bigkiwi i'll try anything twice, i will volunteer to sample the product or i will go out and buy my own bottle and let you know how it goes, I keep a training log daily, and will def know if my reps go up in a workout or not, diet is spot on, so either way i can let some pm bro's know the deal!

ok

TooPowerful4u said:
we have already chosen 3, just awaiting the response. id like to see if this stuff really works

I am going to be out of town until Monday, but when I return I will take care of this. 5 unbiased volunteers, who train regularly and know their current strength levels. Better yet, individuals who keep a training journal. All other variables are to remain the same (diet, supps, rest, training frequency, body weight, etc.) the only change should be the addition of Gakic. I will supply each of the selected 5 with 3 samples (3 workouts worth). I suggest legs, back, chest as that is where most weight is used and will be noticed. All results are to be documented and discussed here. PM me the names and addy's and I will take care of this first thing next week. Thanks guys!

SZ

SAID ID QUIT POSTIN BUT

dragonfire101 said:
No offense, but as a latic acid buffer why spend tons when sodium bicarbonate(baking soda) can just be used.
YOU R SO CORRECT!!!!!---BAKIN SODA HHHAHAHHAHAHAH SO TRUE!! I CALLED IT WEEKS AGO!!!

CANT HELP IT!!! THIS IS THE OLDEST !!!??? OK MAYBE 4TH OLDEST SCAM IN THE BOOK!!!

SORRRY AGAIN I GUESSS IM BANNNED!!

Well...

Actually, if your kidneys are working properly, you won't be using sodium bicarb to buffer lactic acid either.

One of your kidney's primary jobs is to regulate acid/base balance. Ingesting acidic or basic substances simply results in their being excreted.

OK i dont feel i have such authority to control this project on the boards or the right to peoples addresses... would one of the mods kindly PM the members we select (pending they accept) and attain their addresses so SamZ can send them the samples?

so far we would LIKE

Jethro and Gooey (i think Jerry lives out of the country, could be wrong?)
Whichever mod decides to do this can use their judgement in attaining 5 that they feel will be unbiased and honest.

Whoever gets chose, make sure u keep note of your lifts this week, and repeat the same lifts next week with the supp. As Sam said, try to keep all variables (diet, lifts, etc..) the same

Should be interesting, i know we got at least half the board watchin this one, 10% increase in lifts in FIRST workout is a big big claim, lets see if they can back it in the real world

I'm just curious, do you guys think that if you take something and get an extra rep or two will that equate in more growth? For the past couple years working with Phils workouts and Dc's principals I belive to just stimulate enuff to have protien systhesis occur and also that the more stimulate/recovery cycles that you can have in a year the more net growth you will have. Just looking for opinioins here.

Hey, I am happy that you guys think I am honest!

I'll try the product. I do basic lifts, my supplements are the same as I usually take, I know my strengh levels and I do basic lifts. If this product helps I'll say so.
I have done some powerlifting in the past ....certainly no big byrd. I am more of a "feel" oriented guy at this point.

Barbell row last heavy day 320 x 8 reps.

Squat last heavy day after extensions and 135x10, 225x10, 275x10, 320x10, 375x10, ...was 400x10 for my final set.

Dumbell Bench presses...several sets with the final one at 120x12reps.

I always, always write everything down.

Jerrywear does live in the U.S.

Hell, this makes me feel good, thanks guys. :cool:

JETHRO TULL said:
Hell, this makes me feel good, thanks guys. :cool:
Do they deliver packages where you live?!?! :confused: :p :cool:

JETHRO TULL said:
Barbell row last heavy day 320 x 8 reps.

its those damn german chocolate fudgie things that give you crazy strength :)

maybe the germans (or was it the bulgarians or romanians, i dont remember) didnt invent dbol... maybe it was the brownies and we're going about this all wrong :confused:

ok

I am back and Muscletech did supply me with the 15 samples for this little experiment. So are we going to do this? Who are the 5 trusted, unbiased members you have selected? Let me know

SZ

i dont remember cuz it was a few weeks ago when this thread was originally started, but i didnt get my sample yet.... i think the website said they were out of it for right now.. i'll let you guys know when it does come :)

I just got a PM from SZona and he shipped the samples to our evaluators today. He suspects those guys should be getting it Tuesday. But in Jethro's case, I don't think a donkey can travel that fast :eek: :p

its not donkeys

out where he is they use Rocky Mountain Bighorn Rams :p

Well I got 20 free samples from the Olympia Expo and used one on my leg day and did 8 reps at a weight I usually get for 6.

I don't know if it was Gakic or what because I did take 3-4 days off of training and got some much needed rest and I have recently upped my calories.

But I'll keep you guys updated if anything happens

HAAHAAHAHA...VERY FUNNY GUYS!

xcelbeyond said:
I just got a PM from SZona and he shipped the samples to our evaluators today. He suspects those guys should be getting it Tuesday. But in Jethro's case, I don't think a donkey can travel that fast :eek: :p

I AM FIRED UP TO GIVE IT A TRY...TODAY WE ARE DOING BASIC HEAVY LIFTS AGAIN...LEGS, BACK BICEPS....ONE MOVEMENT...SETS OF 6-8...YESTERDAY WAS CHEST SHOULDERS TRIS....ONE MOVEMENT EACH...SO I AM VERY AWARE OF MY CURRENT STRENGTH LEVELS!

I'LL GET THE DONKEYS AND RAMS READY!

Dad said:
I understand the posiblity that there can be no answer yet.

It is NOT infrequent for effects to be observed clinically before an explaination of the mechanism is uncovered in the lab.

This has been, for the most part, and interesting discussion. I'm just always curious as to why these things may or may not work, and what would explain its actions.

Very good questions, Dad!!!

It contains a large amount of arginine, so it may be causing vasodilation and clearance of metabolites, in general.

The ketoisocaproate can be aminated to form Leucine. Its possbile that the KIC therefore allows for ammonia clearance, allowing greater use of Adenylate kinase (2ADP -> ATP + AMP) by clearing Ammonia (NH3) so that AMP deaminase can can clear AMP (AMP -> IMP + NH3+).

Basically:
(More / supplemented) KIC is aminated to clear NH3+
More AMP is cleared by AMP deaminase
More ADP can be used to create ATP (at a higher rate), b/c of AMP clearance
Energy supply is greater (ATP provided at a higher rate)

Just a guess.

-----------
These are the two studies I found on this:

1. Buford, B. N. and A. J. Koch. Glycine-arginine-alpha-ketoisocaproic acid improves performance of repeated cycling sprints. Med Sci Sports Exerc. 36:583-587, 2004.
2. Stevens, B. R., M. D. Godfrey, T. W. Kaminski, and R. W. Braith. High-intensity dynamic human muscle performance enhanced by a metabolic intervention. Med Sci Sports Exerc. 32:2102-2108, 2000.

FYI:
IN THE STEVENS ET AL. STUDY (I have it here at home), THE GAKIC WAS SIMPLY COMPOSED OF:

-2g glycine
-6g L-Arginine HCL
-3.2 g alpha-ketoisocaproate dicalcium

Basically, you can get the first two at many places on the web. The alpha-KIC can be had as a salt of glutamine (not a bad idea, eh?) or arginine (which would kill two bird with one stone) at these same places. This might save a buck or two... LOL

-Randy

homonunculus said:
Very good questions, Dad!!!

It contains a large amount of arginine, so it may be causing vasodilation and clearance of metabolites, in general.

The ketoisocaproate can be aminated to form Leucine. Its possbile that the KIC therefore allows for ammonia clearance, allowing greater use of Adenylate kinase (2ADP -> ATP + AMP) by clearing Ammonia (NH3) so that AMP deaminase can can clear AMP (AMP -> IMP + NH3+).

Basically:
(More / supplemented) KIC is aminated to clear NH3+
More AMP is cleared by AMP deaminase
More ADP can be used to create ATP (at a higher rate), b/c of AMP clearance
Energy supply is greater (ATP provided at a higher rate)

Just a guess.

-----------
These are the two studies I found on this:

1. Buford, B. N. and A. J. Koch. Glycine-arginine-alpha-ketoisocaproic acid improves performance of repeated cycling sprints. Med Sci Sports Exerc. 36:583-587, 2004.
2. Stevens, B. R., M. D. Godfrey, T. W. Kaminski, and R. W. Braith. High-intensity dynamic human muscle performance enhanced by a metabolic intervention. Med Sci Sports Exerc. 32:2102-2108, 2000.

FYI:
IN THE STEVENS ET AL. STUDY (I have it here at home), THE GAKIC WAS SIMPLY COMPOSED OF:

-2g glycine
-6g L-Arginine HCL
-3.2 g alpha-ketoisocaproate dicalcium

Basically, you can get the first two at many places on the web. The alpha-KIC can be had as a salt of glutamine (not a bad idea, eh?) or arginine (which would kill two bird with one stone) at these same places. This might save a buck or two... LOL

-Randy

So basically, this works because there's more AMP/ATP floating around?

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
calebjmb
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131