over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Anyone try GAKIC yet?

MikeS

Moderator / FOUNDING Member
Staff member
Registered
Its a Muscletech (gag me) product that is supposed to delay onset of waste by products of ammonia and lactic acid, making for huge strength and performance gains. Guys in the guy (not newbies) are saying it really works.

good lord not another way to waste 30.00.

Mav

I dont trust MuscleTech either.

Im up 30lbs, and my bench is up 100lbs, its great "SHIT "

I started taking it last week and i am already up 6 lbs and my lower abs are now finally starting to show.

Oh yea well i gained 3 inches on my dick so i got u both beat!

I seen the claims, but I dont beleive the hype. I'm going to pick up a few free samples and see what this stuff is about.

I got a free sample sent too.

I love it, I've put on 10lbs in 2 weeks and all my lifts are up 20%. Muscle tech has done it again!!

TooPowerful4u said:
30 LOL try 70 for 15 servings hahahaahahah and i know peeps who have tried it that say its bs, only Sam Zona (muscle tech sponsored) says its good lol

And you find that amusing for what reason exactly? I definitely noticed a difference in the onset of fatigue particularly with my leg training. Try 4-5 rep increase with a given weight with all other variables being exactly the same and this was in a pre-contest state when my strength is typically decreasing. The research for this product was done in conjuction with The University Of Florida and there are plenty of studies that back up the claims. Take your free sample and go get under the squat bar. I guarantee you will notice a difference. If you cant get a free sample I will send you one TP4U. I am not in the habit of plugging products that dont work. I definitely believe in this product which is why I spoke up about it. If you dont think a 4-5 rep increase is significant or will benefit you, then by all means dont purchase it. I, however, believe that every rep counts.

SZ

SZona said:
And you find that amusing for what reason exactly? I definitely noticed a difference in the onset of fatigue particularly with my leg training. Try 4-5 rep increase with a given weight with all other variables being exactly the same and this was in a pre-contest state when my strength is typically decreasing. The research for this product was done in conjuction with The University Of Florida and there are plenty of studies that back up the claims. Take your free sample and go get under the squat bar. I guarantee you will notice a difference. If you cant get a free sample I will send you one TP4U. I am not in the habit of plugging products that dont work. I definitely believe in this product which is why I spoke up about it. If you dont think a 4-5 rep increase is significant or will benefit you, then by all means dont purchase it. I, however, believe that every rep counts.

SZ

Does this work like a stimulant? Any side effects like increased heart rate or jitters?

no

A50# said:
Does this work like a stimulant? Any side effects like increased heart rate or jitters?

It is not a stimulant and you will not notice any increase in HR or jittery, wired feeling. It works as Mike stated in the original post by delaying the onset of the waste products ammonia and lactic acid. You notice it most during your toughest workouts where you typically move the most weight (legs and back for me).

There is a link here to recieve a free sample and more information
http://www.gakic.com/

I know it is trendy for whatever reason to bash Muscletech and their products but to ignore a product that truly works for that reason alone is foolish.

SZ

SZona said:
I know it is trendy for whatever reason to bash Muscletech and their products
SZ

It is 'trendy' because Muscle Tech does not meet label claims. It is 'trendy' because they make outrageous bullshit claims. It is 'trendy' because they use 1,000 words to describe whey protein concentrate on their Nitro-Tech label.
In my opinion, they are no better than scammers because they sell false products to unknown public - meaning they sell a 'dream' to unsuspecting customers, that do not have experience in supplements, and that in return makes those customers to get bitter with the supplement industry in general.

Just do a Google search for MuscleTech lawsuits and see what you get.
Or this one, is my favourite - this is enough to put them under:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PRO-HORMONES IN NITRO-TECH??
Patriots running back Mike Cloud has found little solace since being suspended by the NFL for testing positive under the league's policy on anabolic steroids. Heading into free agency, he found himself with minimal suitors, considering a potential buyer was forced to beware of his four-game ban.

But now, Cloud finally has a vehicle to fight back in order to salvage a piece of his reputation and some of the money he was forced to surrender.

Mike Cloud used a chocolate protein powder that had an illegal steroid, which wasn't on the label.(Getty Images)
Cloud's agent Jon Feinsod told SportsLine.com that his client this week filed a lawsuit against MuscleTech, the supplement company that produced the product that caused his positive test.

The former Boston College star's unfortunate situation began when he took a basic chocolate-flavored protein powder while with the Chiefs, then subsequently tested positive for metabolites of the steroid nandrolone. Nothing regarding nandrolone appeared on the label that would so much as hint at such an addition to the ingredients.

The league tested the product and found it to be the culprit and confirmed it appeared to be an innocent mistake. But the NFL has a zero-tolerance policy that has helped clean up the league from illegal steroids, and Cloud was nevertheless hit with a four-game suspension without pay.

Making matters worse, Cloud hit the open market with this stigma and was forced to inform any interested buyer of the ban before signing. Every team originally interested took their business elsewhere.

Instead of cashing in with a decent deal that could have been loaded with incentives, or a decent bonus, Cloud could only muster a league-minimum deal from the Patriots.

"The problem is that people will look at me and think I'm a cheater or say, 'There goes the steroid user,'" Cloud said at the time. "That's all they'll know about me when they hear my name, and it isn't true. That's going to be very difficult to change that image on my reputation."

At the time, several readers e-mailed SportsLine.com asking for the name of the product in order to prevent their kids or themselves from making a similar mistake. The name of the product was withheld in case Cloud decided to sue the company. But with the suit now filed, the name can be revealed.

The product is Nitro-Tech, a protein powder displayed prominently on several vitamin/supplement stores visited for this story.

According to the suit, laboratory analysis of the Nitro-Tech revealed it contained norandrostenedione and androstenediol, compounds that would produce a positive test for metabolites of nandrolone.

Cloud's lawsuit claims MuscleTech failed to disclose the addition of these substances on the product label.

According to the FDA'S official website, it is the sole responsibility of the supplement company to properly label its products. Cloud's story only helps solidify the argument the government needs to make it unlawful to mislabel products.

According to Cloud's suit, this is not the first time Nitro-Tech has caused a professional athlete to test positive for anabolic steroids. The suit says independent laboratory tests of multiple bottles also revealed the presence of the two steroid precursors.

Calls to two numbers for MuscleTech provided to SportsLine were not answered.

The NFL did not pre-warn Cloud and insists it cannot red flag products because of legal issues, especially if some products actually turn out not to be the culprits.

"I'm hoping that this lawsuit will accomplish several goals," Cloud said. "First, to vindicate my name and to hold MuscleTech responsible for its mistakes, and hopefully to prevent other athletes from having their reputations and careers harmed in this fashion."

The suit was filed in Cloud's home state of Rhode Island, the state where the product was purchased. Feinsod and Cloud's attorneys in this matter are expected to make a widespread announcement of the suit this week.

Cloud is eligible for reinstatement this week, but he will not play; he tore his calf in early training camp.

**broken link removed**

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How about this one:

-----------------------------------------------------
Nixon Sues Maker of Diet Product
St. Louis Dispatch - MICHAEL D. SORKIN

03/28/03 - Missouri Attorney General Jay Nixon on Thursday sued the maker of Hydroxycut, a popular supplement marketed to dieters, athletes and students as a safe and tested over-the-counter way to rapidly lose body fat.

The suit claims the manufacturer ... claims that the product is "clinically proven" to be a "fat-burner" are false.

Hydroxycut manufacturer MuscleTech Research and Development Inc. of MississaugaOntario, did not respond to requests for comment.

The Hydroxycut national distributor in Scranton, Pa., said he wouldn't disclose the phone number for corporate headquarters. "I'm not sure they want to comment," he said as he hung up.

Nixon said MuscleTech's ads also are fraudulent: One portrays "before" and "after" photos of a woman who supposedly took the supplement.

The ads don't disclose that the "before" photo was taken soon after the woman gave birth, Nixon said. He described the woman as a well-known fitness model before she used Hydroxycut.

The lawsuit says that MuscleTech's own study showed that Hydroxycut is no more effective than a placebo at suppressing appetite.

The suit is filed under the state Merchandising Practices Act, which outlaws fraud in advertising and sales. The suit asks that MuscleTech be barred from misrepresenting Hydroxycut and seeks restitution for any Missouri consumers who have been harmed.

At MuscleTech's toll-free number, a salesman offered 140 capsules of Hydroxycut for $32. "That should last about three or four weeks," he said.

Asked to connect a caller with someone in charge, he answered: "I couldn't release any type of information at all."
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Big A said:
It is 'trendy' because Muscle Tech does not meet label claims. It is 'trendy' because they make outrageous bullshit claims. It is 'trendy' because they use 1,000 words to describe whey protein concentrate on their Nitro-Tech label.
In my opinion, they are no better than scammers because they sell false products to unknown public - meaning they sell a 'dream' to unsuspecting customers, that do not have experience in supplements, and that in return makes those customers to get bitter with the supplement industry in general.

Just do a Google search for MuscleTech lawsuits and see what you get.
Or this one, is my favourite - this is enough to put them under:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have read those articles before and find it interesting that the outcome of these suits is never mentioned. The first one sounds an awful lot like the "oops, I thought it was B12" excuse that we are hearing on a fairly regular basis nowdays as the drug testing policies are becoming stricter. If there were pro-hormones in the protein, it would have been proven and tons of people in our "sue happy" society would have jumped on that lawsuit and the company would have been out of business.

An unsuspecting or unknowing public? Come on Big A... a customer should always be suspecting no matter what they are purchasing. The customer has all the power, no one is holding a gun to their head forcing them to purchase. If you dont believe it, dont buy it! Muscletech is presently one of the largest supplement companies. We are talking close to 200 employees which tells you that people are not only buying but are repeat customers. Why would they do that if the products did not work?

I am not asking you to endorse the company or put a banner at the top of the site. The question was about Gakic... I responded. It is a product backed by Science and in my experience and opinion, it works. Whether or not any of you decide to give it a try is totally your decision.

Take Care

SZ

SZona

SZona said:
Come on Big A... a customer should always be suspecting no matter what they are purchasing.

Problem is, and this is what Muscletech is counting on, they are not! And they are highly inflential.
Thanks for your opinion on the Gakic. And if BigA choses to expand on Muscletech-thats his perogative. In case you didnt notice, its his board-not yours.

If this stuff added even one rep to my 10 RM squat it would be worth the price to me. I'm waiting for more feedback. If it works for people and someone sells this in bulk under another name I might try it. I guess there is a patent, don't know if it's possible to get around it.

MikeS said:
And if BigA choses to expand on Muscletech-thats his perogative. In case you didnt notice, its his board-not yours.

What warrants this response or is the purpose of it? I have no problems with BigA. I respect his experience, knowledge and opinion, I just happen to disagree on this particular issue. We can agree to disagree, can we not? I have actually tried the supplement, like it and was just sharing my opinion. Wasn't really looking to stir up a debate about the ethics of the supplement industry.

SZ

I tried it and found it did nothing but make me sick to my stomach. I felt like puking everytime i took it.
For the money in my opinion it sucked.

MM

MassMachine said:
I tried it and found it did nothing but make me sick to my stomach. I felt like puking everytime i took it.
For the money in my opinion it sucked.

MM

Powder or Tablets?

SZ

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member