over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Apple cider vinegar times.

Baking soda?

And thanks guys for your replies

I’ve never seen anything significant to back the efficacy of ACV. If a substance found in ACV was useful, we’d have isolated it.

Baking soda WITH ACV is just mixing acids and bases. If you have reflux, sodium bicarbonate tabs are awesome because you’re shifting the acidic environment in your digestive system to be immediately more basic.

ACV relies on the alkaline tide response, which doesn’t seem like it works well.

Most people are sold on the idea of ACV before ever trying it. By the time it’s used, there’s an extreme confirmation bias.

There are a few “studies” but most of them have flawed variables.

I started using ACV 2 weeks ago, 1 tbsp before breakfast and 1 tbsp before dinner .It is fairly cheap and if it can lower my fasting blood glucose I will keep using it. I have a doc appt on Nov 15 ,let’s see if ACV lives up to all the hype

Last edited:
I’ve never seen anything significant to back the efficacy of ACV. If a substance found in ACV was useful, we’d have isolated it.

Baking soda WITH ACV is just mixing acids and bases. If you have reflux, sodium bicarbonate tabs are awesome because you’re shifting the acidic environment in your digestive system to be immediately more basic.

ACV relies on the alkaline tide response, which doesn’t seem like it works well.

Most people are sold on the idea of ACV before ever trying it. By the time it’s used, there’s an extreme confirmation bias.

i agree withyou dave.. this happens a lot with many supplements/compounds/foods, etc...

However, with ACV, I have done extensive blood sugar testing (fasted in the AM upon waking, and at various times postprandial, with and without consuming ACV, and for me, using ACV drops by blood sugar on average by about 15 points... To go from 88 to 73 is great for me... That's why I continue to use it...

Well...the week of starting this and my stomach issues are basically gone. Issues ive been dealing with for years now. That's not placebo...so idk

i have never taken it.
guess my internals work on thier own unassisted like they are meant to....:lightbulb::confused::eek:
-F2S

i agree withyou dave.. this happens a lot with many supplements/compounds/foods, etc...

However, with ACV, I have done extensive blood sugar testing (fasted in the AM upon waking, and at various times postprandial, with and without consuming ACV, and for me, using ACV drops by blood sugar on average by about 15 points... To go from 88 to 73 is great for me... That's why I continue to use it...

Any vinegar with acetic acid will do.

Well...the week of starting this and my stomach issues are basically gone. Issues ive been dealing with for years now. That's not placebo...so idk

It's likely that you had too little stomach acid. Again, most types of vinegar would do well here.

I always digest a steak better if I have a glass or two of red wine because if lies on the acidic side of the spectrum.

It's just very difficult to believe that this isn't just a matter of a direct (but slight) shift in pH. Otherwise, science would have identified some sort of ingredient (or ingredients) which significantly aid in digestive capabilities.

I did bloodwork last week and it looks like ACV doesn’t do jack shit for fasting blood glucose. I was using 1tbsp am/ 1tbsp pm and the night before my bloodwork I used 2 tbsp. My glucose was 87

I did bloodwork last week and it looks like ACV doesn’t do jack shit for fasting blood glucose. I was using 1tbsp am/ 1tbsp pm and the night before my bloodwork I used 2 tbsp. My glucose was 87

Thats what mine is with acv and 99 without. Love the stuff. Maybe worthwhile doubling your dosage next time....

I love baking soda it really helps acid indigestion, and buffers my CM - to give a "basic" way of taking one of the best supplements out there without the sides of ED drugs.

CM = Citrulline Malate powder

Last edited:
Thats what mine is with acv and 99 without. Love the stuff. Maybe worthwhile doubling your dosage next time....

Mine is around mid 70’s-mid 80’s so this is my highest level in years.It can’t hurt for me to take more since it’s so cheap,I’ll retest again and post my results

How much sleep did you get night prior? Normal amount? Rough night of sleep? Dr. Rhonda just put up her experience with a 24hr glucose monitor and the results were quite interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How much sleep did you get night prior? Normal amount? Rough night of sleep? Dr. Rhonda just put up her experience with a 24hr glucose monitor and the results were quite interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I sleep about 7-8 hours a night and tested 12 hours after my last meal

I have used AC vinegar for extended periods of time over the last couple decades with noticeable affect. Course I have ate pretty healthy for a few decades so it may have some benefit for those that don't eat healthy. I have seen no studies that really support the use of it. But it has been shown to be bad for the enamel of your teeth. If some one takes it and feels great in a couple days I would have to think the placebo effect is in effect.

I have used AC vinegar for extended periods of time over the last couple decades with noticeable affect. Course I have ate pretty healthy for a few decades so it may have some benefit for those that don't eat healthy. I have seen no studies that really support the use of it. But it has been shown to be bad for the enamel of your teeth. If some one takes it and feels great in a couple days I would have to think the placebo effect is in effect.

I've tried several "this works" stuff.
I was even hoping for the placebo effect.
I started using this for other reasons and was like
"Wait, why am I'm feeling great"

That's a significant change. To get those results, how much ACV did you take and at what time of the day?

That's a significant change. To get those results, how much ACV did you take and at what time of the day?

yes, I was very pleasantly surprised as well...

i take 2 tbsp (mixed with water and a little baking soda to protect teeth/gi tract), three times a day.

I eat 3 meals a day, so I take one dose with/after each meal.

yes, I was very pleasantly surprised as well...

i take 2 tbsp (mixed with water and a little baking soda to protect teeth/gi tract), three times a day.

I eat 3 meals a day, so I take one dose with/after each meal.

Thanks for sharing.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner