over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Attacked by a Pit Bull

after 30+ years of owning dogs. and several thousand hours at off leash parks i have found that dogs in general have a definite tendency to follow what they were traditionally bread for. now a good owner can dissuade their dog from following it's natural instincts but the owner needs to be on guard to make sure the dogs behavior follows the pattern he wants the dog to follow. hounds bark when they smell some thing. setters, pointers run fence lines and brush piles looking for game. police choose german sherpards for a reason they have a good guarding and biting instinct. herding dogs love to keep things in a circle etc. and crappy owners will let a dog do as it pleases. i don't belive in blaming the breed for doing what is normal for them or trying to ban them. but when i see a teens/early twenty year old male come into a park and the dog has a large spiked collar on i know it is probably good for me to keep my distance. as one of them is tough and the other wishes he was.

Agreed brother, said it perfectly.

dukkit, beuatiful dog!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My girl and I foster dogs to help them out and prevent them from being put to death in kill shelters.

We rescued this pit last march and have fallen in love with him. So we adopted him ourselves.

Nice bro! It's easy to foster fail. I did that with two cats recently. Almost foster failed one of my pits if I had more room.

Not sure what to say except, glad to see your dog is ok. I personally have been around "pitbulls" my whole life and never let mine off the lease.
I own 2 now and both are rescues, they have been great family dogs and never had a problem with mine or any other pits in the family.

Some reading for you
**broken link removed**
Notice during WWI american soldiers were symbolized with a pit bull, french had the french mastiff, english had english bulldog etc...

Not everyone is gonna like the breed, I feel they get a bad rap like "juicers" and that we all have rood rage..... Just saying

Im glad ur dog is ok.. but pisses me off that u can't take ur dog to certain parks bacause of stupid owners

I have nothing positive to say about the bred. All of these Pit-Bull types just refuse to get the obvious. {Pit-Bull} is a breed of dog Genetically Engineered to be a vicious animal to fight in the dog fighting Pits to the death. And not breed for anything else. Not as a companion,or family pet.:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: DumbASSES are just playing with a loaded gun,with the safety of all other pets and their own children

And a loaded gun on a table will never go off until someone touches and pulls the trigger! Use something for the wrong reason, and bad things happen. Use something for the purpose in which they were intened and normal things happen. A pitbull is the same as a baby, it doesn't kow anything until it's taught to do something. For good or bad purposes.

You are just as much of an idiot as the news people who report on these stories!!! So German Shepherds are guaranteed to attack because that's what they were bred for, right? Just because people fight with pits doesn't mean they were bred to fight. Huskies too I presume. You are talking right out of your ass because you probably had a bad experience. Please stop putting your opinion off as fact, it makes you look like an idiot. Do some homework on dog breeds before you bash them. Not tv/media research either, read a book!

ha are you serious? German shepherds are trained to attack on command, pit bulls were raised to fight other pit bulls, or they were junk yard dogs that were raised to bite anyone that entruded. There is a difference. I know all about dog breeds, I don't need to do my homework. I had been around the one that bit me before when the owners where their and the dog wouldn't do anything, yet one time when they weren't there it took a chunk out of my leg. Is it all media hype that theyre being banned in certain counties? Or is it just hype that theyre biting people and the media is making all this up? I know of 4 people who have been attacked by pit bulls including myself. My brother had his face torn off when he was 12 by a pit bull which took over 4 surgeries to just bring his face back to somewhat normal. Yet I'm stupid and talking out of my ass because of a bad experience, if you had seen what I've seen or been through then I doubt you would ever consider owning one.

Actually pits (generic term) were bred to be human friendly and animal aggresive. "Pits" for the most part make terrible watch dogs, they just have a stigma behind them. Most shouldnt own "pits" because they are a strong breed and must not be in "alpha" role in a household.

I myself work with pitbull rescue in my city, never once have I been biten by a pit. These are real deal game dogs, actually most dont show any human agression. Most "handlers" dont wanna dog they cant control, they want an animal aggresive dog. Poor breeding makes them human aggresive along with inproper training, oh lets not forget the amount of "juice" they run trough these dogs.

Fwiw most dog fighting rings here also revolve around drug dealers. They hardly ever use pits for guarding there stash houses. Usually german shepards, cane corosos, presias, and rotts. Once we ran across a south borbel mastiff, talk about a dog you do not wanna run across.

Anyways will I ever change your mind, nope. Do you know as much as you think you do about dog breeds, nope. Your going from personal expiernce so I cant blame you. If it happen to me I might be in the same boat, but I have only been biten by a black lab. To say pits are people killers well then how come the kids from lil rascals made it without being killed by Petey? How come Theodore Roosevelt wasnt killed by his pits?

Before it is asked no I am not LE, I donate my time working for rescue center. I have owned pits my whole life, same for my father, and my grandfather.

Personally I believe I could own a pit, I would trust it around myself and anyone else I let around it while it was growing up. My father actually adopted a pit/lab mix just a few months ago and shes a great dog but she definitely has the temperament of a lab. And I know pits were mainly bred to fight other dogs, and yes I've been around the fighting rings and know about the atrocities that occur and that they do shoot them up with test, or adrenaline or anything else. But still, strictly from my personal experiences I don't trust pit bulls that I dont know, I am much more likely to go up to a different breed. Now I am not afraid of them, just a little more cautious. Also, I don;t think pits are the only dogs with aggressive temperaments, obviously yes german shepherds, rotweilers, and some other are too. I actually knew someone with a couple rotweiler/pit mixes and they were definitely frightening. I don't want to argue with anyone about it because everyone has their beliefs, just pointing out my personal experiences and what I believe from them. Also, pitbull attacks are more common than german shepherds and other breeds because there are more pits in general, but they are still known as a more aggressive breed than your average dog.

The American Pit Bull Terrier is the product of interbreeding between Old English Terrier and English Bulldogs to produce a dog that combined the gameness of the terrier with the strength and athleticism of the bulldog.[3] These dogs were initially bred in England, and arrived in the United States with the founders. In the U.S., these dogs were used as catch dogs for semi-wild cattle and hogs, to hunt, to drive livestock, and as family companions.[3] Some have been selectively bred for their fighting prowess.[4][5] The United Kennel Club (UKC) was the first registry to recognize the American Pit Bull Terrier, in 1898.[6]
American Pit Bull Terriers successfully fill the role of companion dog, police dog,[7][8] and therapy dog.[9] American Pit Bull Terriers also constitute the majority of dogs used for illegal dog fighting in the United States.[10] In addition, law enforcement organizations report these dogs are used for other nefarious purposes, such as guarding illegal narcotics operations,[11][12] use against the police,[13] and as attack dogs

In review....

Pitbulls were NOT "bred" just for fighting.

So get that ignorant, misaligned thought out of your heads, morons.

People... yes, people... RAISE pitbulls to fight.

Blame the people.

Not the dog.

Wow all this talk about how bad dog parks are or the people that frequent them is sure going to keep me from taking my dog coco to the park, she wouldnt have a chance. Smh! coco1.jpg

Sorry to see your dog got bit. I hate dog parks for that reason.

My dick length is just fine.

My girl and I foster dogs to help them out and prevent them from being put to death in kill shelters.

We rescued this pit last march and have fallen in love with him. So we adopted him ourselves.

How are pits around cats? I understand every case is individual and you have to train the dog properly, but all those variables aside?

I have seen for instance husky mixes and a few other breeds that are known for being predatorial and having a cat in the family is not a good mix. Then you have shitzus that have been bred for companionship and they seem to fit quite well.

I volunteer at a humane society and walk dogs twice a week. My favorite is a pit-ridgeback mix. She plays ball really well - fetches, returns and releases. No other dog at the shelter does that. I love her. I wish I could adopt her but I live in an apartment that wont let me have dogs, and I also have a cat. Put those two factors together and for now I will siimply continue to volunteer and walk them.

I love Pitbull MIXES. I think something amazing happens when you get a PitMutt. They have the facial structure and strength but the overall frame is toned down and smoothed out a bit.

Disco. As a dog trainer and somone who has owned or rescued many dogs ( mostly pitbulls and the rare breed mastiffs). Let me inform you about breeds...

Dogs are domesticate wolves. We have breed them to stronger or weaker traits. All dogs have the instinct to chase and kill.. And have breed them to be better at diffrent jobs. Chasing. Hunting(herding is a hunting instinct), guarding we call these drives but a dog with a certain drive, it is only about 10-15% higher than any other dog... In the Pitt bull's case it's body has been breed to be strong and lower center of gravity... Ideal for fighting. And willingness to respond to a threat. But at most a Pit bull is only 10% more likley to fight than any other dog.

I have owned cats around many dogs... The dog will see the cat as a pack member after it has become a Non Pray Item. Which means the dog will get used to an animal in its home eventualy not thinking it's food. This take more time with dogs with a high pray/chase drive.

As a trainer who's expertise is dealing with aggression I have been bit more times than I could count. I've been bit by more chihuahuas but I don't hate the breed because of this.

Last edited:
some of these comments are way out of line.. no need to call anyone a "dumbass" ect.. that being said, there is more silly comments on this thread based on ignorance of the breed.. the pit is simply a terrier.. what you see today is people breed thing pit with other breeds to make them bigger and for appearance.. these are not pits in the true sense of the word.. a male pit is usually 65 pounds or less.. a female is roughly 45 pounds.. so lets not confuse pits with "bully " breeds.. they are very different..

no one had any issues with pits or pit attacks until silly ass thugs got ahold of the breed to fight.. they taught him to fight.. the training is cruel and intense.. it will take its toll on any breed.. ther breed that was brought to the states was on "our gang show"... the dog was the rca mascot.. these are pits..

example is my buddy who lives in england.. he has two pits.. he even said that they dont have issues with the breed.. we do based on what type of owner wants them.. we did this to the breed.. socialize your dog and you will have a great dog.. that being said i have only been bit once.. it was a yellow lab.. i have been around pits my whole life.. no bites.. yet every time this thread comes up everyone was bit by a pit bull.. i would like to see the pics of the dog that bit you to see if it was a actual pit or something we humans mixed and matched....

Last edited:
LATS you nailed it... The pit bull was America's dog for so many years. BTW the pic in my avatar is a pit bull Laying at the foot of his owner, the third bishop at the National Cathedral. The two are entombed together.

The department of disease control keeps records annually on breed bite rates
The pit bull is alway in the bottom 2%. Labradors, cocker spaniels are almost always at the top of the list

Last edited:
http://www.alternet.org/civil-liber...t-nanny-dogs-children-until-media-turned-them

Im glad it was pointed out that pits were bred as catch dogs and such, but due to their athleticism, gameness, strength, and fearlessness that HUMANSturned them into fight dogs. And of course they excelled at this brutal and inhumane "sport". Like children, they are what you make of them. Poor ownership makes a poor animal. And the media only sensationalizes it all.

To the OP, Im sorry to hear of this attack and pray for a full and speedy recovery for Dex.

My dog has gotten attacked at the park plenty of times, I always keep a close eye on him and jump in if I see another dog getting weird. He's been attacked by a pit bull (owner was a douche) but he's also been attacked by other breeds. I've noticed mastiffs are particularly problematic. We all (hopefully) love our dogs, but certain breeds are more apt to aggression and worse, capable of doing it. That's just a fact no matter how you slice it, people.

My suggestion is to find a park with a small dog section.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
PenguinPiss
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131