over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Back at it -- Critique / Advice please

tl79

Newbies
OK, So, I spent 18-21 working out naturally 5-6x/week, then I added in 'supps' for a good part of my early/mid 20s. During that period, my workouts averaged about 4-5x/week weight training, almost always heavy weight low reps.

My max lifts were 315x3 flat bench, while my back was actually stronger, having maxed out all the cable machines and put free weights on top of that (lat pull-downs, bent-over rows, etc.) BNP were 245# for reps, and squats were def. my weakest area, only because I didnt't perform them with the same consistency as my other upper body (chest/biceps, etc.) exercises.

My weight got up to 215 around 12%bf at 5'10". That looked too big for my frame, however, and 190 is definitely my ideal bodyweight.

Basically, personal stuff took up a lot of my time and I was forced to have my workouts become more and more spread apart, to the point where I was using an 'iron gym' at home and making it to the gym 5x a month if lucky.

Very recently, I made a concious decision to dedicate myself back to the lifestyle that for me = more succes at work, relationships, happiness, life in general...I know I don't have time to get involved in sports like I was, but I figure I can definitely fit in 5 1-1.5hr workouts a week...oh yeah and 550 Andropen, 400 EQ a week should help out a bit.

I am also taking 21credits at the moment with a May graduation date for a BS in a different field so my scheduling will be tricky, but I figure the extra energy from the gym should equal out any time I lose to the workouts.

Basically, being that I'm around 165-170 and wanna get back to around 200 in the next 10wks...does anyone have any tips to prevent injuries such as specific exercises other than the major compound exercises...the 'growing pains' I already know to expect. I'm planning chest day, back day, leg/abs, off, repeat; heavy weight/low reps, ridiculous amounts of food. One thing I wanted to do this time was make squats a foundation point for everything else and hopefully get to hold 200# bodyweight without looking too 'swole' for the corporate world haah...

Bench press always been a staple, are there any arguments for using dumbells as my main chest builder with less chance of pulling/tearing a muscle...the rest, unless I hear anything different is pretty much to just jump right back in like I never left and I know my body...within 6 weeks I should be around 75% (taking into account the test/eq assistance)...assuming I have no injuries. I have an annular tear L4-5 but building up the muscle around my spine should help by supporting it as long as I can get there properly.

As far as my motivations/priorities go, I know that I can only operate at my personal full capacity when I have the natural endorphins from strenuous weight-training and the mental satisfaction of breaking personal lifts working in my favor...helps me personally, in my job duties, with energy/stress, with relationships, you name it...

Also, any remedies to minimize the growing pains I'll be experiencing from such rapid growth between my muscle memory and the supps along with consistently tearing all the muscle fibers in my body?

Thanks guys...sorry, I left a jumbled first post yesterday that i typed out in about 2 minutes which noone seemed to understand...hopefully, this is a bit more clear.

Also, feel free to ask me any other questions if I left anything out....glad to be back in the game and thanks for any support and tips you all may have!

one thing I left out, how would you incorporate clomid in with E3D 550 Andropen 400EQ during and post cycle?

To be honest.

You don't need gear to get to 200 lbs. at that height. Just eat alot and dont train as much. Eat the right foods, train heavy weights no more than 3 days a week, and get proper sleep and you'll get there pretty quickly.

depending on bodyfat and water retention, I'm guessing that by focusing on my core and leg development I should be able to carry 210 looking the way I want actually; at around 215 when I was in early 20s, that was almost all upper body muscle...not my goals this time around, which are strength, vascularity, low bf%, and again, I think I should easily get an extra 15-20lbs in leg muscle, AND It'd be a lie to say I am not looking for the other benefits of higher test levels, mine have been lowered from meds I have had to take for other conditions...I appreciate the concern regarding AAS but it has been a decision I have been contemplating for nearly a year now, so I did not get into it carelessly...

just one piece of advice..dont know if you poked it yet but do yourself a favor and be back in the gym for a little while before jumping right back on...it could mean the difference between getting to your goal and falling just short of your goal and then the little crash afterwards bringing you further away from your goal

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws