lynx

IFBB PRO/ NPC Judge / TRIPLE Featured Member/Verif
IFBB PROS
JUDGES
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
Just wanted to pop on to say hi and to do some catching up. (Who the f*ck are you?!)

For those who don’t know me, I am an IFBB Pro Figure athlete. I joined the board, back in 2004, before I ever competed. Last show was the Wings of Strength in Chicago in 2014. Big A saw something in me and offered me a sponsorship. For that, I’m forever grateful.

Some things that happened along the way:
- secured a job at a university teaching math
- finished my dissertation and received my Ph.D (while teaching)
- published research
- got married (to Jethro Tull on the board)
- helped people get ready for shows (I have 2 ladies that went to Nationals this weekend.)
- helped some friends put on a bodybuilding show

I still lift and do tedious cardio but I don’t compete anymore. My job is stressful and time consuming. That and the landscape of the sport has changed and my interest in bodybuilding has waned.

It has instead shifted into firearms. I’ve competed in a couple of IDPA (International Defensive Pistol Association) Shoots and became certified as a Range Safety Officer (RSO) with the NRA and firearms instructor with the USCCA (US Concealed Carry Association). I’m a member of two women’s gun groups where I typically shoot once a month with each (depends on weather in one group).

So yeah, other than working around constant injuries, Jethro and I are still at it.

660B121A-9CD4-47B0-8979-3BAAFC74E6F4.jpeg

THANK YOU....i love you and JT....

stay well.....congrats on the wedding....long time coming.

again....thank you for this

Good too see you, been long time. You and JT have always been an asset to this board. I still remember hanging out with you two at LA championship. Geez, times flys, that must have been around 2009 or 2010. I knew you be a pro back then.

Congrats on your success in BB, career wise and new hobby, I very much support the NRA. Good to have you around!

JT is a lucky man.....:cool:

and he knows it....he actually told me once!!!

true story

Chicago Pro 4A188D9C-A34D-4D91-8843-A99645085BCD.jpeg

It's great to see the two of you posting again! I hope you have both been well.

This board and the friends we made here were a big part of our lives for years. I used to make those long photo stories about the competitions, lifting sessions, outdoor stuff that probably got annoying for some of you. 😃 I was a broke assed high school teacher and there would have been no way we could have afforded all travel, hotels, etc, that is involved with competing. Big A made that possible. We had a ton of support and well wishes over the years from all you guys. I remember right after Lynx won the LA Championships one of the board members (Iabadman) sent us a regular envelope with 1500$ cash so she could compete in the USA’s the next weekend. John Lindsay invited her to go, waved the late entry fee, but we had spent all our money to go the LA Championships. Shit like that happened for us as a result of the friendships we made here. I have been a pile of crap and haven’t been posting for a long time. We aren’t as fired up about bodybuilding anymore, but we still try to half assed stay in shape. Thank you guys.

This board and the friends we made here were a big part of our lives for years. I used to make those long photo stories about the competitions, lifting sessions, outdoor stuff that probably got annoying for some of you. 😃 I was a broke assed high school teacher and there would have been no way we could have afforded all travel, hotels, etc, that is involved with competing. Big A made that possible. We had a ton of support and well wishes over the years from all you guys. I remember right after Lynx won the LA Championships one of the board members (Iabadman) sent us a regular envelope with 1500$ cash so she could compete in the USA’s the next weekend. John Lindsay invited her to go, waved the late entry fee, but we had spent all our money to go the LA Championships. Shit like that happened for us as a result of the friendships we made here. I have been a pile of crap and haven’t been posting for a long time. We aren’t as fired up about bodybuilding anymore, but we still try to half assed stay in shape. Thank you guys.
I always enjoyed your posts. I think you taught high school Bio like I did too. I think you retired not long ago? Ive not taught in a long time.

I still remember the awesome photos you posted of your buddy with the two tigers, feeding them with bottles! Do you and Lynx have any pets now? Our family loves cats.

Congrats to Lynx earning her Phd! Thats a lot of hard work! I know because I was working for my masters in exercise phys. The sciences and math have to work extra hard IMO. My wife was a math major at William and Mary. She loves it too.

OMG!!!! I have missed you both very much ❤
Screenshot_20200727-205505_Facebook.jpg

Thanks for the warm welcome back! I appreciate seeing the old names in addition to the new members. Just seeing your screen names brings back so many memories. Like that picture B-boy! You looked great at that show!

Wow, blast from the past. Probably to date could be voted "best couple" on ProM, lol!

JT was always a favorite poster of mine, but his posts about not knowing how to do anything really sealed the deal and bond for me, lol:D It's like he wrote down what I had in my own mind.

Congrats on the career success, Lynx! You've done well:cool:

Staff online

• Bio
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear