over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Best time for INSULIN

knight1811

Newbies
I know a crucial time for insulin is post workout, but what about first thing in the morning?

It seems many MRPs are moving away from insulin spiking ingredients. Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

thanks.

Knight1811

I'm interested in this myself. I've read several articles by Dave Palumbo where he advocates Humilin R (fast) rather than Humalog (very fast). He usually likes it to be taken 8iu's in the morning with breakfast and then another 4iu's 4-5 hours later.
However I've read time and time again where it should be taken the second you end your workout at about 10-12iu's 3 times a week but never two days in a row. With this 3 times a week I've also heard that you can work up to taking an additional dose with your breakfast meal in the same day you do the PWO shot. So eventually you'd be doing a shot in the morn with breakfast and then a shot around 6 pm when you end your evening workout.
Also, is it a must to cycle slin 4 weeks on and 4 weeks off throughout a cycle?:confused:

guys u need to do some research this subject has been debated again and again !

take a look on the articles's forum, i bet u may find all u need there ;)

mike1107 said:
guys u need to do some research this subject has been debated again and again !

take a look on the articles's forum, i bet u may find all u need there ;)

Thanks Mike!

I'll be busy in the Articles section for a few days. Some really good Gavin Kane stuff over there. I'm still learning my way around the site.

INSULINS!

I am diabetic and take insulin.....FYI, Humalog is by prescription only...it is fast acting, like 5-10 minutes.....Humulin-R is available without a prescription and takes 20-25 minutes...I recommend that before you take these you need to have a Dr. Pepper or a can/carton of orange juice nearby...YOU ALSO....need a blood glucose monitor...THIS IS A MUST!

MRP's are not wise with insulin. Potatoes and white rice are wise choices. They spike your blood glucose levels rapidly. A good rule is 1 IU per 25 grams of carbs injested....After a workout....I do not know about this 3 days per week rule. I would think you would benefit more from everyday, though I guess its because you could grow dependant on insulin. NOt sure and I am dependant and I do not take much at all. I use Lantus with is a basal insulin, lasting 24 hours. I do not consume any starches and follow Dave's precontest diet year-round, as this reduces my need for so much insulin. I do not need either of these insulin mentioned earlier unless I partake in a one per week cheat meal...then its Apidra, the fastest acting insulin of all....works immediately.
LISTEN!
If you inject too much insulin you will know it within 15 minutes. You will fall into hypoglycemia and it is scary...your hands will tremble, you will sweat and even your vision may get blury....if this happens immediately swallow to Dr. P or the OJ....about two months ago my blood glucose monitor was not working properly and it was after a cheat meal...I overdosed on Apidra and knew within 10 minutes.. I rechecke my blood glucose with a spare monitor and it was 46!!! SHIT, I started swallowing my daughters capri sun juice boxes to bring it back up. It was a horrible feeling.

I really think it is wise to avoid insulin and use something safer like plan ol testosterone.
TX

munsterpd said:
Thanks Mike!

I'll be busy in the Articles section for a few days. Some really good Gavin Kane stuff over there. I'm still learning my way around the site.

u're welcome dude

Gavin's articles rock !

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • A50#
    Old School Moderator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member