over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Body odor on insulin

Gunsmith

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Ive been training with and old training partner the last couple weeks and this week I started back taking my intra workout Novolin-R and Tuesday he mentioned that i had an odd odor. I asked if it was a more ammonia like smell and he said no it was like a chemical so yesterday he met me at the truck before i took my shot and he said "thats the smell"

He has exceptional sensitive smell from sinus surgery but damn
I can smell the insulin when I draw and inject but didn't think it lingered into my body odor.

Has anyone else noticed this or even heard of it?? Ive been using insulin for s while and never had anyone say anything about it , not close training partner , wife , kid or anything.

there's no way he could smell the insulin you gave yourself lol - unless he's a dog lol
That's what i was thinking , i thought maybe if my BG got low and my sweat got that pungent ammonia smell.

It is probably the higher blood sugar levels and spikes feeding candida and yeast thus causing BO

Research has shown a significant link between high blood sugar and vaginal yeast infections. A 2018 study that included data from over 300,000 people found that those with type 1 or type 2 diabetes have a higher risk of infection, including yeast infection, than people without the condition. Yeast feeds off of sugar.

It is probably the higher blood sugar levels and spikes feeding candida and yeast thus causing BO

Research has shown a significant link between high blood sugar and vaginal yeast infections. A 2018 study that included data from over 300,000 people found that those with type 1 or type 2 diabetes have a higher risk of infection, including yeast infection, than people without the condition. Yeast feeds off of sugar.
@Gunsmith ...Happy New Year.
Based off this study you have a vagina?
Jk.
Interesting study and friend none the less.

MS

Gunsmith, here we all use our beloved FemiClear® with Novolin-R.

Would the insulin not be lowering his blood sugar 🤔

Would the insulin not be lowering his blood sugar 🤔
yes, but consuming excess carbs and sugar to facilitate glucose uptake an spikes in addition in pursuit of using insulin has always made me stinky at least in my case.

this also posed the argument why do people who do keto have bad body odor.

"Multiple studies have shown the beneficial effects of a ketogenic diet on metabolic health and reduced seizure activities. These effects are likely, at least in part, mediated via the gut microbiota. However, in all domains large clinical trials are lacking incorporating a ketogenic diet, gut microbiota, and metabolic health. To date, most evidence comes from rodent research and small clinical trials. Clinical trials and prospective cohorts are needed to elucidate the mediating role of the gut microbiota in the beneficial metabolic effects of a ketogenic diet. This will give rise to potentially altering the gut microbiota prior/during a ketogenic diet using pre-, pro-, or synbiotics which can improve the effectiveness of the ketogenic diet."

In particular, beneficial Bifidobacteria species decreased the most in humans following the keto diet. This decrease in Bifidobacteria species was in response to reductions in carbohydrates rather than reduced fat intake. It may be that consuming less fiber, which fuels gut bacteria, causes this change

yes, but consuming excess carbs and sugar to facilitate glucose uptake an spikes in addition in pursuit of using insulin has always made me stinky at least in my case.

"Multiple studies have shown the beneficial effects of a ketogenic diet on metabolic health and reduced seizure activities. These effects are likely, at least in part, mediated via the gut microbiota. However, in all domains large clinical trials are lacking incorporating a ketogenic diet, gut microbiota, and metabolic health. To date, most evidence comes from rodent research and small clinical trials. Clinical trials and prospective cohorts are needed to elucidate the mediating role of the gut microbiota in the beneficial metabolic effects of a ketogenic diet. This will give rise to potentially altering the gut microbiota prior/during a ketogenic diet using pre-, pro-, or synbiotics which can improve the effectiveness of the ketogenic diet."

In particular, beneficial Bifidobacteria species decreased the most in humans following the keto diet. This decrease in Bifidobacteria species was in response to reductions in carbohydrates rather than reduced fat intake. It may be that consuming less fiber, which fuels gut bacteria, causes this change
Well you’re talking apples and oranges in the second part brother.
Of course any bacteria that feeds on carbs will be reduced by a keto diet. I don’t see anything related to odor there though.
Personally I’ve never experienced a body odor when doing keto. I think my breath is different though, always just assumed it was due to ketones 🤷🏻‍♂️

I haven’t really done a deep dive into the science. Just found what works for me so I stopped there lol

It could seriously be that the guy has heightened smell and is picking up on a drop or two of insulin that may have hit the guys skin or shirt or whatever. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I take plenty of insulin and have never noticed anything or had anyone mention anything. 🤷🏻‍♂️

A7CDB72A-2CC1-4ED0-8375-C9FB476F4157.gif

I’ve noticed that occasionally when I in my insulin for 20 seconds after the pin I’ll notice a metallic taste - but no odour lol

Like one user said - candida makes sense but so weird for it to be instant, that doesn’t make sense

there's no way he could smell the insulin you gave yourself lol - unless he's a dog lol
Once I was injecting Humalog and I squeezed too much the syringe to make the air go out...
The insulin fell on the ground and sudden my cat started purring all over it like if it was the best thing ever made 🤣🤣🤣
I think that insulin has something inside that cats love so much.....

If anything keto is easiest diet to be clean and fresh all the time. I remember i never sweat on keto even during summer. Also people always should have things like yoghurt , sourkraut , kefir etc in their diet. Keto never restricted anybody from having fibre in their diet: all vegetables , all berries are allowed and recommended. And for metabilic health i think that tkd is the most logical approach when you eat up to 100 gram postworkout. Yes some people who are really fat adapted will quickly back into ketosis even after 100 gram of carbs.

Once I was injecting Humalog and I squeezed too much the syringe to make the air go out...
The insulin fell on the ground and sudden my cat started purring all over it like if it was the best thing ever made 🤣🤣🤣
I think that insulin has something inside that cats love so much.....
For some people it is the best thing ever made- diabetics: their life depend on it.

If anything keto is easiest diet to be clean and fresh all the time. I remember i never sweat on keto even during summer. Also people always should have things like yoghurt , sourkraut , kefir etc in their diet. Keto never restricted anybody from having fibre in their diet: all vegetables , all berries are allowed and recommended. And for metabilic health i think that tkd is the most logical approach when you eat up to 100 gram postworkout. Yes some people who are really fat adapted will quickly back into ketosis even after 100 gram of carbs.
I am a vested member in the kefir cult longlive bacterial probiotics

If you have diabetes, a change in body odor could be a sign of diabetes-related ketoacidosis. High ketone levels cause your blood to become acidic and your body odor to be friuty. Maybe the isulin is effecting this?

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131