Administrator
IFBB PROS
JUDGES
Registered
Newbies
Beware of Liposuction

Dr.S

Beware of Liposuction
I'm sure some of you have read about Dr. Bruce Nadler. He has done Lipo for a lot of bber's and it is getting ever more popular. 7 months ago I decided to have lipo for the love-handles and lower abs (not by Doc Nadler because i live in California). It turns out that i basically wasted $5k on the procedure. Below is an email i sent to Bookworm. He had Lipo a while back, and he was advising me on some things.

Anyone who is thinking about having Lipo should read this first (and even if you're not, you might want to read it)

BW-- what's up bro?

i wanted to update you on how i was "healing" after the liposuction procedure. It's been 7 months since the procedure, and my waist is still 38 inches. I know you told me to be patient, but i was pretty frustrated so i went to see the Doctor today. Well, he tells me it's visceral fat. So now i'm thinking why didn't you mention that before i forked over $5K?! He pulled out this Bodyfat measuring device, i think it was called the Omeran (or something similar). You grip it firmly and it measures BF%; he said it is as accurate as underwater weighing. So, my bf measures 21.9%!!! My delts and quads are decently striated and i have good seperation and vascularity. So, at 230lbs that would mean i have 50lbs of fat!! (i wonder how much i had when i weighed 265lbs?). My waist doesn't look 38inches because of my wide shoulders...I look like a bodybuilder....50lbs of fat..holy shit!

I told the Doctor that i wanted Lipo because every time i bulked up to 250-260, my waist would go 37-38 inches while the rest of my body stayed relativly defined. So, I wanted to bulk up without my waist blowing up.

Remember when i told you how many CC's of fat were removed, and you were really surprised how low the amount was? I guess it's because i really didn't need liposuction. So all i have to show are some surgical scars and a much lighter wallet.

It's hard to believe i have 50 lbs of fat, but either way it's depressing. I guess i just have shitty genetics. I didn't think one could put on that much visceral fat; especially when eating clean. I know by the time i get the waist size down i'll have lost a lot of muscle also...oh well.....BTW--thanks for all the advice you've given me over the last few months.....

Dr.S.......

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

04-18-2002 02:22 AM

astrolifter

I had lipo done about a little over a year ago for the same reason you stated. It cost me 2 grand and was the best investment I'd ever made. My waist is now 34' (used to be 42') and finally I can tuck my shirts in without nasty love handles bulging through the sides of my shirts. Maybe you had a lousy surgeon or something but I personally wouldn't discourage anyone from having it. Just do your homework first.

04-18-2002 11:22 AM

BigDog

I've been considering it for a while, but have been concerned over the recovery time. I'm not a BB'er, but a PL'er and I'm curious how much time it'd be before I could train heavy again.

04-18-2002 09:36 PM

Dr.S

If you had Huge love handles and Lipo got rid of them, that's wonderful. I guess my main point was to make sure Lipo is really what you need. Most of us use gear, insulin, GH, etc.... These drugs can cause organ growth, and of course insulin use can really pile on the visceral fat. I'm hoping that when i discontinue my current gear cycle, the area will start to look better. In the past, no matter how bulked up I was my abs retained a certain hardness. Right now the area (especially the lower back) looks puffy and still slightly tender to the touch. I'm sure the suctioned area will look better when all the swelling has subsided (i damn hope so ) , but no way was it worth the surgery procedure and/or the money. Funny thing is that I saw some before and after pics that looked like my situation. But my after doesn't look like I thought it would. I'll definitely be happy if i'm just a slow healer and I end up looking better a few months form now....

As far as recovery, you'll probably just lay in bed for a week. You can start lifting about 3 weeks after the surgery, and your doc should tell you when you can lift heavy. My recommendation, if you have Lipo, is to stay clean (gear, GH, insulin) for at least 6 months after the procedure.....

Dr.S.......

04-18-2002 11:10 PM

DOZ61

LIPOSUCTION
Please make sure the Dr. doing the procedure is board certified ...it's hard to believe but more people have DIED from liposuction than any other cosmetic surgery...DOZ61

04-24-2002 07:30 AM

BadGirl

hi
DR S,

I don't understand what you are trying to say......

do you have abs or not?

38 inches doesn't tell me anything....and everyone knows those hand held things are as useless as the tanita scales.

what is your bodyfat % done by skinfold caliper?

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member