over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Biceps

emeric delczeg

IFBB PRO / Verified Customer
IFBB PROS
Registered
Verified Customer
Next time you try this for your biceps.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgX4UymgCDo"]Jim Chelossi's Pre-Bootcamp.com: arm training using Emeric Delczeg's system - YouTube[/ame]

The concept is good but not going to work very well if you're working out solo:p

I train alone but I do also Like the concept. It's hard for me to find a good partner

I don't like people so I'm stuck with myself:banghead::cool::p

The only thing I can think is doing preacher db curls and push the weight down on the negative with one arm and fight against it with the db arm. This method is also great on the seated calf raise especially for people with no friends ;):D

Or you could do what I do and pick the prettiest girl in the gym and ask her to help you :)

I wonder, if you could find the right length elastic bands you could attach those to the bar and it would provide something similar. The trick would be to find the right length. Perhaps attach band to the weight on the machine and put the other end attached to the floor.

Last edited:
The only thing I can think is doing preacher db curls and push the weight down on the negative with one arm and fight against it with the db arm. This method is also great on the seated calf raise especially for people with no friends ;):D

Or you could do what I do and pick the prettiest girl in the gym and ask her to help you :)

Yes.

I wonder, if you could find the right length elastic bands you could attach those to the bar and it would provide something similar. The trick would be to find the right length. Perhaps attach band to the weight on the machine and put the other end attached to the floor.

Yes, that is on other way, I like to use the weights so I can kip record on how much stronger I become. With rubber bends is hard to kip record, but is better than just regular lifting.

Also you can use the same concept on cable pushdown triceps one arm, you can press down with your other hand on the weight stack.

Good logic just not well executed, certainly a smart guy. Like the concepts of time under tension and working the long and short ranges, that's why I always do three exercises per muscle minimum. So you hit the long the middle and the short

This is way too much faffing. First thing first I don't have these sort of machines in my gym which takes plate loading it's either dumbells and barbells or machine wt stacks with pins so you can't unload anything in the eccentric phase. It need to be put back on the stack before changing wt as we all know.

Also there are so many other advanced training techniques one can employ other then this without needing someone to stand right next to you during your whole set.

Also I have trained arms every way possible and the best pump and results are achived (imo) while training arms (bi , tris) as a one medium size muscle group. so I don't think they are two muscles they are one for me and I ALWAYS train them in superset fashion. Doing a straight bis exe and then resting and doing another and eating and so on is so boring for me. I tend to stack a heavy duty move with a not too taxing move so for ex barbell curls with reverse push downs for recipes , close grip smith bench with preacher curls. rest only when I need to.

I really believe if you train this method your body gets accustomed to withstand this Taunami's of lactic acid.

In he beginning years ago I had to rest in between properly or the wt lifted / reps suffered but with time my arms think

"hey this is normal - This is how we work now- no problem "

I put one of my training partners on this and who trained biceps first or triceps first and dude was in mega pain and achieved massive pump. He had to ask me, I need to stop can't continue but he is getting well used to it. I could ever see me doing straight sets again. I have tried and it's not challenging. My arms crave for brutality and I end up going back to this routine.

I don't like people so I'm stuck with myself:banghead::cool::p

So K1 you don't like mere mortal human interaction. lol I like that.

Last edited:
Good logic just not well executed, certainly a smart guy. Like the concepts of time under tension and working the long and short ranges, that's why I always do three exercises per muscle minimum. So you hit the long the middle and the short

There are many good training system and they all will build muscle. Long as you using weight you will build muscles.

This is way too much faffing. First thing first I don't have these sort of machines in my gym which takes plate loading it's either dumbells and barbells or machine wt stacks with pins so you can't unload anything in the eccentric phase. It need to be put back on the stack before changing wt as we all know.

Also there are so many other advanced training techniques one can employ other then this without needing someone to stand right next to you during your whole set.

Also I have trained arms every way possible and the best pump and results are achived (imo) while training arms (bi , tris) as a one medium size muscle group. so I don't think they are two muscles they are one for me and I ALWAYS train them in superset fashion. Doing a straight bis exe and then resting and doing another and eating and so on is so boring for me. I tend to stack a heavy duty move with a not too taxing move so for ex barbell curls with reverse push downs for recipes , close grip smith bench with preacher curls. rest only when I need to.

I really believe if you train this method your body gets accustomed to withstand this Taunami's of lactic acid.

In he beginning years ago I had to rest in between properly or the wt lifted / reps suffered but with time my arms think

"hey this is normal - This is how we work now- no problem "

I put one of my training partners on this and who trained biceps first or triceps first and dude was in mega pain and achieved massive pump. He had to ask me, I need to stop can't continue but he is getting well used to it. I could ever see me doing straight sets again. I have tried and it's not challenging. My arms crave for brutality and I end up going back to this routine.

99% of my training is just basic heavy weight for different rep ranges (generally 6 to 15 for most exercises). But incorporating systems that add weight/resistance to the negative portion of the rep is only a great thing. I train alone so I can't do much but if I had a regular training partner I would definitely be adding things in. Even just having your training partner push down on a machine can add a lot. The problem is most people don't have a clue and can't even spot you properly on bench. Plus you say you can't do straight sets but just because you add resistence during a set doesn't mean you can't still superset. I think 9/10 of my arm sessions I superset bi-ceps with tri-ceps. I very rarely take longer than 30 seconds rest between sets unless I have gone super heavy or I have done a tri or giant set. If you look in my log it's not uncommon for me to do over 50 sets in an hour some days.

The older I get the more I concentrate on the negative and isolating a movement.

The future of hypertrophy and strength training is most likely in machines built functionally for any movement in which the muscle can be totally exhausted to complete stasis, with 20-40% on the negative and a drop in resistance over the curve as the strength decay due to muscle exhaustion and fatigue.

Polquin was the first to influence my training with his discussions on tempo, and then later dante with his training system which highlighted multi second negatives along with RP's and low sets.

I know most people will disregard tempo or slow controlled negatives highlighting super freaks like Warren and Coleman that worked out like the fast n furious.

But most of us with even good or great genetics can't get by like that.

The older I get the more I concentrate on the negative and isolating a movement.

The future of hypertrophy and strength training is most likely in machines built functionally for any movement in which the muscle can be totally exhausted to complete stasis, with 20-40% on the negative and a drop in resistance over the curve as the strength decay due to muscle exhaustion and fatigue.

Polquin was the first to influence my training with his discussions on tempo, and then later dante with his training system which highlighted multi second negatives along with RP's and low sets.

I know most people will disregard tempo or slow controlled negatives highlighting super freaks like Warren and Coleman that worked out like the fast n furious.

But most of us with even good or great genetics can't get by like that.

I trained on these back in mid 1995 or so at a local YMCA that had them in a key card room, they were there for rehab and PT, not for bodybuilders like me self. My friend was a trainer there and got me in a few times at odd hours and they were some of the most intense work outs I had had in terms of completely exhausting the muscle. Granted free weight work outs would have to be mixed in - but damn killer row curl and chest and delt presses.

**broken link removed**

Life Fitness has been at the forefront of the industry for more than 40 years, and I’ve seen the company through 28 of those, back before we were called Life Fitness. As an engineer, I started with Life Fitness’ predecessor Bally Manufacturing in 1984, when Bally started producing the original Lifecycle for Augie Nieto and his team. At that time I was working as part of a specialized group of engineers looking to create new and innovative fitness products. We had a lot of big ideas, but our most revolutionary for the time was the Lifecircuit.

Lifecircuit was the first electronically-controlled line of weight machines, for which I helped write the software. Before this product line, your only option for weight-lifting was heavy weight stacks or free weights. They were intimidating for beginners and loud if a person couldn’t control the weight smoothly. Not to mention, everyone could see how much weight you were putting up and many people didn’t even know how much weight they should be lifting. There was no guidance. Lifecircuit changed it all.

Remember, the ‘80s were all about image. This line of products accommodated that mentality and made it safer to train. No scary weight stacks. No embarrassment from clanging weights. No one judging how strong (or weak) you were when you used it. Lifecircuit simulated a weight stack through a hidden electric DC motor and a computer that was able to guide the user on how much they should be lifting. And, it was the first machine that could offer heavy negatives, a popular training trend of the era.

Some consider heavy negatives as an optimal way to train your muscles. It’s the practice of using higher resistances during the eccentric, or return phase of an exercise, compared to the concentric, or lifting phase. It is believed that by using more resistance in the return phase, the muscle continues to train in an optimal way. The Life Circuit Heavy Negatives Workout would automatically add a fixed percentage of the selected weight so a user could train with heavy negatives without a spotter.

And the machine was smart. It knew if you let the weight go, due to a muscle strain or injury, to stop the bar in mid-air thus limiting further injury by not requiring you to struggle to return the weight to the start position.

There was also a set-up test that would teach beginners how much he or she could lift. A first-time user could push the bar as hard and fast as they could and the Lifecircuit would measure their maximum force, thus knowing that person’s capabilities to set program recommendations. Plus, the products were networked to save your weight information—back in the ‘80s!

Once production started, Lifecircuit was wildly successful and competitors simply did not have the engineering capabilities to copy it. For 10 years we manufactured the product and by the end of the ‘90s we had saturated the market – our customers simply didn’t have a need to replace them because they were built to last.

As Life Fitness continued to excel in the fitness industry, our engineering focus shifted to new rides like the elliptical cross-trainers, treadmills and steppers. Today the Life Fitness team is onto even more innovative products, but I was reminded of what a thrill it was to launch this product when I received a letter last year from fitness legend Bill Pearl, asking if I knew where he could get parts for the full Lifecircuit set they still have in their home today.

99% of my training is just basic heavy weight for different rep ranges (generally 6 to 15 for most exercises). But incorporating systems that add weight/resistance to the negative portion of the rep is only a great thing. I train alone so I can't do much but if I had a regular training partner I would definitely be adding things in. Even just having your training partner push down on a machine can add a lot. The problem is most people don't have a clue and can't even spot you properly on bench. Plus you say you can't do straight sets but just because you add resistence during a set doesn't mean you can't still superset. I think 9/10 of my arm sessions I superset bi-ceps with tri-ceps. I very rarely take longer than 30 seconds rest between sets unless I have gone super heavy or I have done a tri or giant set. If you look in my log it's not uncommon for me to do over 50 sets in an hour some days.

I know mate, you are a little Gaspari in the gym having a heart attack with your fast and furious intensity in your 45 min marathon sessions lol

The thing is in superset fashion adding negative can be done like you said but it can get really taxing in the mix resulting in much more rest period IMO. Also I do tend to get carried away with advanced tech to extend sets. Back in the day I use to do negatives and forced reps a lot and I ended up overtraining. We were young and enthusiastic so over deployed them. Especially negatives can stress CNS a lot I have read and even if they are used they need to be used sparingly/ selectively not too much. Knowing myself I know I will end up overdoing shit lol

May be I will do it at some point in next week or so. very very selectively on max 2 sets and not get carried away with them.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws