over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Big_Byrd52's WR Squat Log

WOW, people actually read this thing? cool! thanks for the support, just 4 more weeks.

Are you using certain percents on your squat and deadlift?

How do you like the rack pulls? I never had success with them and I like to pull against bands for my lockout.

Great log and keep up the great work!

Ill post the last few workouts tommorrow, but just wanted to let everyone know i benched 620 on sunday!!

i gotta squat and do a max pull tommorrow, so ill post thaose up too. i am really curious where my DL is at since my rack pull has gone up almost 100 pounds and im week at the top. i hope there is a good carryover.

big_byrd52 said:
Ill post the last few workouts tommorrow, but just wanted to let everyone know i benched 620 on sunday!!

i gotta squat and do a max pull tommorrow, so ill post thaose up too. i am really curious where my DL is at since my rack pull has gone up almost 100 pounds and im week at the top. i hope there is a good carryover.

holly shit you are strong man,wow.
no you makeing me look like a ...... never mind.
just kidding.
and trust me i was following your posts from the begining.great results and great power in you.
keep it posting.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

thurs- wgt 217
shoulder press-- warmup, 225x5, 275x5, 315x3, 275x8
upright rows- 135x3x12-15
laterals 20x2x15

alt db curls- 40x13, 40x8
hammer curls- 30x10, 30x8
conc curls- 20x10, 20x8
wrist curls and ext

Fri-
pull ups- bodyweight x 22, 18, 15
bent rows- 135x10, 225x10, 275x10, 275x10, 275x10
leg ext- sets of 20 slow with pause at top on each rep
GHR- 15, 15, 10

Sun 8/14-bench night and my 24th birthday
wgt-221

shirt was fitting good with the extra weight

bar x 2 x 20, 135x15, 185x6, 225x6, 275x3, 315x3
shirt- 3bd-405x1, 2bd- 475, 1 bd- 550x1, full range- 600x1 smoke!!, 620x1 smoked it too!! Nice Bday present for myself!!

I think i hit a nerve with Steve, and threw on 622. it was a half inch from touching, but he slammed it up! 600 was his best to date!

About this time they found out how heavy i was going on shoulder press, and told me i shouldnt be doing that. just keep the volume high and stay light at this point. Hopefully i can up my bench a little by not going heavy on shoulders for the next 3 weeks.

Followed up with some 2 brds but was pretty spent. Misloaded the wgt and had 1 too many 45s on one side for the first set. screwed me all up/ then 535x 3 off a 3 brd. i SUCK at boards! that was it for the day.

Tues 8/16- squats
warmup, 165x10, 165x5, 275x5, 385x3, add briefs 535x1, add suit 675x1

*trying to put the bar lower on my back, but i couldnt do it. it was throwing me off and wasteing alot of energy. not to mention killing my shoulders/elbows.

793x1 trouble get set under bar with the bar low. took alot out of me just unracking, but the squat was effortless.

881x1 bar low on back. just didnt feel right. i tried to sit back and the i guess the change in leverage was too much with that weight and i lost my balance and fell backwards as i was descending. They caught me right away and im fine. i was pissed i had to put the knee wraps on and missed it!

I pissed and moaned to Steve till he said, fine, just do whatever u want. i think it was makin him mad cause i kept trying to set the bar high on my traps. I waited about 20 minutes till i could feel my hands again, and took another shot at it. Set up felt good, but i had trouble getting my feet set under me like i wanted cause of the damn knee wraps. I HATE those things! anyway, finally got set and put the bar high where i like it. 881x1, easy-- practically effortless!! Spotters said it came up like 135!

i just looked at Steve, smiled and said, 'see, it would be like me telling u to keep ur back upright when u squat.' He just laughed and said i dont know how u do it, but it works for ya, dont change a thing.

In the meantime Steve had done buffalo bar squats with 675 for a set of 10 in briefs and wraps.

My back was knotted up real bad from benching sunday, and the low bar squats made it worse. i could barely move and my hands were numb, so no DL today. did some buffalo bar squats and called it a day.

405x5, 495x5, 545x5 briefs only, all easy just to keep volume up. i really wanted to work up to 675 and rep it out too. after the meet im gonna see if i can keep up. im not used to goin limit weights yet, but i think i hang on reps like that. give me time tho!

oh, i forgot to add... Phil Harrington showed up today too. he was there helping out Jon Gordan and doing DLs. He will be doing the GA state also. Said he squatted 936 on mon night, and he will go for 936 to 950 at the meet. He just missed a 705 pull of a 45 plate. Gonna stay with him at Jons house before the meet and drop weight together. He may be moving up to 198s for the Super-opens in march.

dude you are a fuckin beast and only 24. your only a year older than me and make me look like a little bitch. congrats on the lifts man, im sure you are going to smoke some people and i got a pretty damn good feeling that record will be snapped like my back would under an 881lb squat!!! :D

later man, keep it up,

haha got juice that funny!! thanks guys!

Ok, sorry its been so long. i have been busy starting back to shcool and the training is wearing me out! Thursday and friday i didnt do much, just some light pumping for the muscles, nothing too strenous. Saturday night i watched the UFC fights with my team, ate a pizza, a half gallon ice cream, and half an Oreo Cookie Pie! Damn it was good, but it almost put me in a sugar coma cause i never eat like that.

Sunday 8/21 weight: 226!!
tried on one of Steve's old denim bench shirts. Needles to say, it didnt fit cause i gained 10 freaking pounds from the night before!! Didnt really write down what i did, i just played in the shirt. i worked up to 675 with light reverse bands so i dont really know what it was, but it didnt touch, about 1 inch away. It should fit now cause im back down to215.

Tues 823 weight: 221
Did light squats with the Buffalo Bar. worked up to 750 in suit, no wraps. i was supposed to but i didnt feel like putting them on. I was feeling like shit, really nausas and extremely exhausted. I just found out yesterday that it was due to an anti-inflammatory i was taking, diclophinac Na. It was also responsible for some of the wgt gain also.

Next was DL. this is the first time i had done a heavy pull since my last meet in early June where i did a 635. i was expecting to be at 655 and hoped for a 675 by some miracle. Went back to over/under grip, still pulling conventional w/ only a belt.

Warmed up with 225x5, 315x3, 405 x2, 495x1, 585x1--rediculously easy! I wanted to go 635 then 675, but Steve talked me into jumping to 675. Ripped it up off the floor like 135 but stalled at the top the last 2-3 inches and fought it for what seemed like forever! Just couldnt lock my shoulders back. Steve and Mike said it was because my lats are too big and i had my hands too close.

Steve gave me a Metal DL suit and put 690 on there. Ripped it up again almost effortlessly, but forgot to move hands out a half inch each, and again stalled at the top, but a little higher this time. At the meet we are going to grease up my lats and back of my arms as well as move the hands out some. We are guessing about a 725-750 at the meet!!

I dont know which set did it, but i busted all the blood vessels in both my eyes!! The whites are almost totally blood red! i am going to try to send a pic from my phone to my email to post. I think it looks pretty cool! Everyone else says its Nasty.

Drove back and got a message. i have been getting 2 a week for the last 3 weeks and it is really helping! Its deep tissue not one of those frilly fru-fru rub downs. i break a sweat getting these! Anyways, i have slept almost nonstop from tues night to thurs night! i only got up for classes and to eat. i didnt even go to work or workout out at all. i was exhausted! its saturday and im just starting to feel better. But now i have an ass load of reading and assignment to make up, yay!

Weight was 215 sat. morning so im on track to make wgt for the meet. i was worried for a while last week. i cant wait to get back in that shirt and see what i can do tommorow.

here is that pic i took a while ago and couldnt figure how to post. I am 220 in this first thing in the morning.

ok amazing as always,but this time you look like a zombie :eek: i had that once,but only one eye and that was funy :) not
and the other pic you took in the morning WOW amazing.you look incredible and you have some freaking power to it.just amazing.

Powerlifter said:
Are you using certain percents on your squat and deadlift?

I am sure i am on the squat, but we did deviate from the original plan a little by increasing weight. On the DL i started light to get used to the hook grip, which i never did. so no not really i dont think. the first week was about 70% of previous best pull of 635.

How do you like the rack pulls? I never had success with them and I like to pull against bands for my lockout.

I am liking these alot. the fist week i did them i dont think i pulled much more than my full range max. But it went up very fastfrom like 635x2 to 715x3. it has a pretty good carry over to my regular pull, as i am estimating at least a 725 pull for the meet now.

Great log and keep up the great work!

Thanks, i appreciate it

Damnit!!! i just typed all this out and accidentally deleted it!

sun 8/28
weight was 214.5 so should have no problem making weight. i am even leaner than the pic above right now! the scary thing is i dont think i was in this good of shape for my last BB show!

short versio cause i dont want to type and ill tell ya why in a minute. put on Steves shirt again. fit great now that weight is down. touched 551 which ill open with. pulled the neck down too far and missed 600 twice as it wouldnt touch. got pissed at steve for telling me to take it easy and i wasnt gonna get it today, so i pulled the neck up and took it once again, finally got it!

finished up with pressdown for 3x15

woke up sunday night at 2:30 in cold sweats. didnt sleep well at all and felt naseaus and sick to my stomach. couldnt get up for class at 8 and when i dod get up at 9 started puking my brains out! ill count that as ab work. feel like shit, dizzy, weak aching. only ate a bowl of soup and crakers today. was supposed to do opener squat of 821 and speed pulls tommorow but ill prob skip it. i think the heavy weights have taken their toll on me. remember i was drained all last week too. just gonna take it easy till the meet.

i do have video of my pulls the other day i will post up soon.

Well, as i posted, i was pretty sick yesterday. felt better today but still drained. didnt eat much at all. i didnt go to NGBB to squat, i waited till i got a little food in me to go. i was supposed to work up to my opener squat of 821, but i REALLY didnt feel like squating tonight. i made myself suck it up and do it anyway. i was dizzy and off balance for my warmups, but it got better as my head got right.

135x2x10, 225x5-got dizzy almost fell!, 405x3,
suit-495x1, 615x1, 740x1, 830x1 easy!

At this point i was feeling really good and against better judgement, knowing im only 2 weeks out, decided i wanted to do what Steve thought my 3rd attempt should be. i wanted it for my 2nd so i wanted to feel it. the intention was to do a half squat just to feel breaking the hips back.

Loaded the bar to 920 cause i didnt want to do the math for 915. this was 9 plates and quarter on a 60lb bar. When i unracked it, everything just felt right! No effort unracking or breaking hips, so i kept going, all the way to the chains at parallel, and blasted it back up so easy it shocked me!! it was effortless! i wanted 933-950 at the meet, but tonight i was good for at least 975! I cant wait to see what the meet brings!! 914 will be 2nd and then probably 950 for 3rd to play it safe and go for a big total.

Finished up with 2 supersets of reverse hypers and leg extentions.

I was debating on whether i should tell Steve or not. i figured he would get mad at me. But i told him anyway. i dont think he was mad, just told to take really easy from here on in.

HAHA, not hardly! i figured i would leave the stage to the big boys like u. besides, powerlifting shuns cardio which is a philosophy i can fully embrace!!

shoulder strength

amazing strength there but you need to remember one thing. The shirt gives you delt/pec strength. Work the tri's to get them to your delt level of strength and you wil be closer to 700 then just over 600.

BIG BYRD...I AM SUPER IMPRESSED WITH YOUR EFFORTS!

HOLY SHIT THOSE ARE SOME IMPRESSIVE LIFTS. MY BEST LIFTS ARE JUST WARMUPS FOR YOU! I'LL TELL YOU SOMETHING ELSE I LIKE........YOUR PHYSIQUE IS LEAN...THAT'S REALLY COOL. IT CRACKS ME UP WHEN I SEE THESE FAT F*CKS CLAIMING THEY ARE 8% BODYFAT WHEN THEY HAVE NO VISIBLE ABS....MAYBE A FOREARM VEIN STICKING OUT, BUT NOTHING ELSE...AND THEN YOU COME ON HERE WITH PICS GOOD VASCULARITY...ABS...VERY LEAN AND SAY YOU ARE 7%! THAT IS KEEPING IT REAL! THAT IS A HUGE PET PEEVE OF MINE....SO IT'S COOL THAT YOU POSTED THE TRUTH. WHEN I SEE HONESTY LIKE THAT I HAVE NO TROUBLE BELIEVING YOUR LIFTS.

IMPRESSIVE DRIVE AND PHYSIQUE, BYRD!

LIKE JERRY SAYS...."I FEEL LIKE A FAT GIRL".....THAT ABOUT SUMS IT UP....BUT IN MY CASE I AM ALSO A FAT WEAK GIRL.

STAY HEALTHY AND INJURY FREE.

Big Bird !!!your thread IS

inspiring , incredable , informative , intresting , strong as a bull, good writing
did i say strong !!! this is a great thread good luck and keep it going ....

thanx TT

JETHRO TULL said:
LIKE JERRY SAYS...."I FEEL LIKE A FAT GIRL".....THAT ABOUT SUMS IT UP....BUT IN MY CASE I AM ALSO A FAT WEAK GIRL.
In my case, that's fat, weak, old, girl :eek:

Keep up the great work and progress reports! :action-sm

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
nohara5216
NapsGear