over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

blender stink??

maxsupplements

Registered
anyone else that USES their blender daily have a problem with it getting a strange ODOR when it sits for a day or so???

how in the heck can i alleviate this??? i wash the HELL outta it.... and it still stinks....

any ideas??? '

anyone deal with this???:confused:

is it plastic?

nope...

its glass...

think thats why??

the blending area, like the blade area, i can never get totally dry... there is always water down there, but then if i place it upside down, it traps the air inside there, there is just a fowl odor..

It's probably milk, or a milk biproduct sticking in the pores of the container. You can use bleach, and it will get it out. You have to rinse the holy hell out of it after, but it will work.

you can place it upside down and and have a little of it hanging over the edge of the sink .. just be mindful not to knock it ... this will allow it to dry better and not trap in any odor

Can you screw off the bottom and wash/dry it separately?

Our garbage disposal would stink from time to time so I'd cut up a lemon and throw it down there and grind it up. Don't know if that would work or not?!

Wash the son of a bitch. Seriously wash it. Like Lynx said, break it down to individual pieces and wash and dry them seperately. You might need a dose of bleach initially but unscrew the base and wash the gasket between the base and glass along with the base and blades. Don't forget the lid and the center. Wipe the motorized body down, too.

throw it away and buy a new one:p

blender

ditto kahn,wash it all the way down and no more quick bird baths:D

leap

Kahn said:
Wash the son of a bitch. Seriously wash it. Like Lynx said, break it down to individual pieces and wash and dry them seperately. You might need a dose of bleach initially but unscrew the base and wash the gasket between the base and glass along with the base and blades. Don't forget the lid and the center. Wipe the motorized body down, too.

I break mine down, and put the individual parts in the dishwasher. If you dont want to do that, just blend a small amount of water and a lemon wedge.

I just had this problem. I washed and still was stinky. I fiqured out it was the o-ring/gasket were the base meets the glass. I bought a new one online for a few bucks. Problem solved.

I take mine apart and wash it in the dishwasher.
If not take it apart and soak it in in some mild bleach solution wash and dry by hand.

wellllll..

thanks bros.... i was thinking that the "bird bath" was good enough.. but now i took it apart, and man, that O-ring was NASSSSSSSSSSTY.... so, cleaned it, and have it soaking in some bleach hot water...

will have to start cleaning it a little better from now on!! LOL!! guess i got a little lazy when i make about 1-2 blended shakes a day...

THANKS BROS!!!!

i will never go back to one of those big bulky blenders....ive been using a handheld for several years now (same one, hasnt failed once) and im using it several times a day. after mixing, simply run the blade under some water and its done n ready for next time. the only thing you cant do is blend ice but ive never been an icy-shake guy unless im going to a store that makes shakes.

maxsupplements said:
thanks bros.... i was thinking that the "bird bath" was good enough.. but now i took it apart, and man, that O-ring was NASSSSSSSSSSTY.... so, cleaned it, and have it soaking in some bleach hot water...

will have to start cleaning it a little better from now on!! LOL!! guess i got a little lazy when i make about 1-2 blended shakes a day...

THANKS BROS!!!!
Yea - you need to take it apart after EACH use. I wash it in the dishwasher (apart) at least once a week.

1 Tablespoon bleach and fill with hot water and blend for several minutes.
I do this once a week besides takeing it apart and cleaning w/soap

do not wash the gasket in the washing machine or with bleach products.
soak it overnight in dishwashing soap at the most.
of course you can ignore me and buy new gaskets all the time.
also, wahing the blades in a dishwasher can dull them after time.
you can also just run a solution of water and baking soda in the blender too.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131