over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Blood pressure monitors?

btails

Registered
Whats everyone using as far as a blood pressure monitor? Any reccomendations on a very good/accurate one?

I got one of those watch ones off Amazon (not a apple watch, just some cheap 50$ one). Calibrated it at the pharmacy but just not really convinced it's super accurate

I just use a generic cuff one from amazon. I know my typical reading around 115-120/75-80 and for instance if I eat a high sodium meal it can bump up a little and I see it reflected in the reading. Is it SUPER accurate? Probably not. But it shows fluctuations and if I was getting regular readings over 130 I would get on a BP medicine.

I just use a generic cuff one from amazon. I know my typical reading around 115-120/75-80 and for instance if I eat a high sodium meal it can bump up a little and I see it reflected in the reading. Is it SUPER accurate? Probably not. But it shows fluctuations and if I was getting regular readings over 130 I would get on a BP medicine.

100%

My bp readings just always seem low. Even when on a lot of stuff it's like 108/55 etc.

I use a very expensive one from Omron Europe for 80-100 bucks.

I have an Omron, it seems ok. If you have really big arms, check that it's big enough. Measure your arm when it is straightened out, not flexed.

If you don't mind doing some work, measure it manually with a cuff and a stethoscope. Get a decent stethoscope or you won't be able to hear your pulse.

I use Life Source.

Whatever you do, don't be cheap and buy a wrist cuff

I use an Omron wrist cuff and I’m very happy with it

I bought the one that DC mentioned with the larger cuff, and it works well. It's the Life Source UA-789AC. I got it from Amazon.

Every wrist monitor I ever used had higher readings then what it should have been. I use Omron 10 series with large cuff for arm. Works good as Doctors.

Interesting you guys like the omrons. Just went onto Amazon looking at the platinum version and the reviews were 1 star.. saw a few people mentioning it was inaccurate

Mine is an Omron as well. Had mine for abt 10yrs now I think. Still works and the readings seems to be on par with what I get at the doctors as well.

Cage

Interesting you guys like the omrons. Just went onto Amazon looking at the platinum version and the reviews were 1 star.. saw a few people mentioning it was inaccurate

What Amazon you on? 🤔 Here it is with close to 12,000 reviews, Amazon Choice with 4.6 stars out of 5.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210726-004042.png
    Screenshot_20210726-004042.png
    136.8 KB · Views: 15
What Amazon you on? Here it is with close to 12,000 reviews, Amazon Choice with 4.6 stars out of 5.
Thats very similar to what I use. I have a stethoscope and cuff too and have measured my BP with that and then right afterwards used the Omron Auto cuff. The measurements are close enough that I dont do it manually that often. My stethoscope is cheap and its hard to hear my pulse since my BP is quite low, so its a pain to hear and I dont like messing with it. I need to buy a nice stethoscope. These days I mainly worry about mine getting too low.

Go analog and get the right ‘tools’.

I still use the ‘gold standard,’ the classic Hewlett Packard stethoscope. (Now discontinued,
I think you can find them on EBay but they are gobbled up pretty fast I suspect and
probably go for thousands of dollars. Yes, they are - were that good.) And I use an analog
meter and the proper size cuff. No batteries or BS to fail at the wrong time.

My stethoscope works perfectly to this day, probably bought it 30 years ago when I
worked at HP. Used it more times than I can remember over the years when I volunteered
as an EMT for our local Sheriff’s Search and Rescue Team.

The electronic ones I am not 100% sure about. They are just easier to use (which is probably
why they use them), am not sure they are as accurate. If you use one, it is all about consistency.
If you go to another device, your mileage may vary as a function of the tool . . . i.e., it may
not be you. Don’t panic. Just be aware. The ones they have in the pharm dept. are notoriously
inaccurate in my opinion.

The cuff, again, like many have said before, is size sensitive so please factor that in to your
equation. And you gotta be able to hear what is going on, hence a good stethoscope is
invaluable. Juggling them both when taking your own is a pain in rear but most will figure it
out with some practice.

FYI . . . I take my blood pressure like any reputable cardiologist does: lying down, seated,
(do not cross your legs when lying or seated) and standing. And if they really care about
accuracy, they will take it at the start of your appointment and at the end (white coat syndrome).

Also, write the numbers down. Unlike ink . . . your memory fades over time. I have
my notes from over 30 years ago. I also have records of all the medications I have ever
been on and off of and why. I bring all this when I visit my doctor(s) and they are blown
away by it. I keep better record than they do. This all seems pretty normal to me, after
all how else do you know what works or does not work?

It is well known and proven high blood pressure and be controlled quite nicely, but requites
dedication, through diet and exercise and weigh loss (unless you have some sort of congenital
‘issue’).

Failing that, get of the sauce(s) or lower the dosages. Untreated, high blood pressure over
time is a killer.

Every wrist monitor I ever used had higher readings then what it should have been. I use Omron 10 series with large cuff for arm. Works good as Doctors.

If someone is using a wrist cuff you have to rest your hand on your opposite shoulder or rest your arm on something equal to heart level.

If someone is using a wrist cuff you have to rest your hand on your opposite shoulder or rest your arm on something equal to heart level.
Try that, still was not accurate. I always rest my arm at heart level when taking blood pressure.

Reactions: Bio
I have two omrons and use them both each time I check... for OCD purposes.
I'm a dentist and do pre-op BP checks before I administer local anesthesia. I've noticed there can be HUGE variances between readings of different devices, even when the readings are taken seconds apart.

Having readings fluctuate 20-30 points can be done using the same machine within a few seconds i have found. If i am tense at all mentally or even just the shoulder the pressure is much higher. A couple controlled deep breaths can lower it significantly. As well as having the arm at the same level as the heart which is the correct way i have been told by some nurses as well as from what i have read a few places.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131