over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Blood thinners ?

I'm confused. I thought it would be the other way around? Any use of AAS would thicken the blood, therefore forcing one to increase their coumadin/warfarin dose. What am I missing?
Orals can definitely alter (generally increase) the affect of warfarin in the body and this is due to their affect on liver enzymes. There's a path thru certain liver enzymes that the metabolism of warfarin follows, if another drug alters this same pathway, either increased or decreased, it will affect the activity of warfarin in the body and thereby increase or decrease the INR for a given dose of warfarin. Injectables, particularly testosterone, are much less likely to impact the INR because injectables generally don't strain the liver like orals do

Highly elevated blood readings (BNP, ALT/AST, Troponin T, BUN to cr etc) indicate serious physiological issues that are likely cardiac related.

When Imaging tests, ECGs, blood pressure monitoring and physical examinations rule out non-cardiac causes of these readings, cardiac issues are confirmed.

It is a fact that cardiac tissue that becomes lesioned is always more prone to atherosclerosis. Contrary to what you claim, this will likely be reflected in bloodwork (BNP etc), even though the lipid profile may be normal.

Contrary to what you also suggest, it is NOT fact that high AAS use and skewed lipid profiles will always cause coronary artery disease, severe ventricular remodeling etc.

With regard to claims about your supposed profession, they are irrelevant to this thread, as they currently can't be confirmed or denied.
There's a lot to discuss here, hard to decide where to start haha

I am not at all familiar with atherosclerosis being a sole cause of elevated BNP, nor any meaningful diagnostic use of a BNP level being applied to a level of atherosclerosis.
Could you please provide some published data regarding this?

I am also not familiar with AST/ALT being used clinically in any way to interpret or diagnose heart issues although those liver enzymes can by tied to cardiac function a few ways... in the event of hypoperfusion of the liver the AST/ALT can elevate representing "shock liver" but the elevation in the enzymes would not point to any specific cardiac cause of hypoperfusion. The person could be bleeding out and the heart working just fine. They could have had a heart attack and hypoperfusion from that. The person might have severe CHF and resultant vascular congestion and that could potentially raise AST/ALT. The point being, no one sees an elevated AST/ALT and their initial thought is "something must be wrong with the heart" and they definitely dont think of any specific cardiac etiology from elevated LFTs.

I also think you're giving too much weight to BNP. Which is unfortunately very common. A stroke can cause elevated BNP. So can pulmonary HTN, sleep apnea, pulmonary embolism, sepsis, burns, some chemotherapy... in all of those instances the heart could be absolutely perfectly healthy and without a shred of pathology related to the heart itself

I'm trying to wrap my brain around your second paragraph, haha have read it like 15 times to make sure i have sure footing... How would ECG or blood pressure monitoring rule out non-cardiac causes of anything? I am trying to think of any info provided by an ECG that "rules out a non-cardiac" etiology of something. ECGs are used to rule-in or rule-out cardiac causes, not non-cardiac causes. Same with the blood pressure monitoring but its like a damn double negative and its melting my brain (which could likely elevate my BNP unrelated to my heart function)

Regarding your last paragraph, i have long suspected blackbeard to be some sort of clinician. My guess would be endocrinology but i think almost all of us enjoy some degree of anonymity on this forum

This thread has a lot of great information, I’ve been on Eliquis about five year for clots in my lungs. I’ve got something like scar tissue still there, I can’t think of the clinical name for it? If I breathe deep it’s painful.
I mentioned it on here at the time and Maldorf shared his story with me me and helped me realize I needed to pay attention to the Dr and reduce my test, which I’ve done since. I’ve been bumped to to 2 times a day for the medication so I don’t feel like I have any room for error so I keep me test at Hrt levels and so far so good. It’s strange that some days I feel the after effects more than others but I’m still kicking and I’m older than 99% of you guys.

This thread is four years old. There is good and awful information in this thread. I also have polyscythemia. I could care less about anyone's credentials bc I also enjoy some level of anonymity on this board. What I do know is you read what maldorf, blackbeard, and stewie wrote. They know what they're talking about and their contributions are missed. In any case, this is a completely derailed thread and has nothing to do with blood thinners any longer.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear