over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Body Fat % BY Way of Visual

Steve123

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I just read the recent thread expressing frustration with people who exaggerate their body fat. I stumbled across the following thread a while back - couple of years back - that I think provides a good visual of the various fat levels. Granted no visual - an not many tests - are that accurate; however, I'm hoping this might clear it up for some. Please give the benefit of the doubt given the source of the thread :)

Here's the thing. Most average guys are walking around out there at around 30% fat. I'm probably pushing 20% right now and I have clear definiton and can see 6 abs when flexed. At 15% I look lean as hell and at anything lower than 10% I look stupid.

Bodybuilding.com Forums - View Single Post - PICS OF BF%'s

So, yeah, the "I'm 265 and 12%" that is stated in such volume seems a little silly to me. There just aren't many guys walking around out there with such stats.

Ya I'm definately like 6% then :)...na just kidding probably around 12% to 15%. Still "dieting" but I have gone from 255 to 224 in the last 4 or so months. Personally I tend to over estimate my BF percentage... I've had a few more experienced people tell me I'm more like 10%, but I'd rather say I'm higher than that so I'll work harder. There's no point in lieing to yourself.

Ya I'm definately like 6% then :)...na just kidding probably around 12% to 15%. Still "dieting" but I have gone from 255 to 224 in the last 4 or so months. Personally I tend to over estimate my BF percentage... I've had a few more experienced people tell me I'm more like 10%, but I'd rather say I'm higher than that so I'll work harder. There's no point in lieing to yourself.

I usually over-estimate it too. I'm probably under 20%. Either way, who cares about the number. If you're dieting for a show, you're either ready to compete or you're not. Judges don't care what we think our body-fat number might be.,

20+ for myself
working with my man shelby tho to remedy that :D
frk

thats an informitive thread

10% as usual. i can easily maintain 10% and to be honest cheat quite a bit on weekends. weekdays tho i usually eat perfect as i can so i think i have found a good balance. when getting ready for a show i just cut out my weekend cheating and 14 weeks later am good to go :)
-JS

johnnysmiles I fucking hate you. :cool:

and anyone else like you.

I just have to look at a chinese buffet and I gain 5 pounds on both buttcheeks.

im at ripped body fat tests at 6.8% last week but im down from there some so i think a flat 6%. but im also getting ready for a show 8 weeks out. i hope i look like the dude on the bottom he is freaky lean.:D

people are too hung up on bf%, judges dont measure it on stage, its not a national currency, its not a way of life so I dont see the big deal?

If youve got a rolls of fat on your body then you know thats not a good thing, if you look like an Ethiopian runner then you know thats not a good thing (for a BBer).

Eat clean, train hard, rest, do sufficient cardio and the fat will come off. Its no more difficult that that :)

Oh no, the bbing.com archives lol!

I've caught myself looking thru those for hrs reading all the inflated claims. It does make for amusing reading though! LOL!

Based on this I'm in the 12%-15% range. I wish I could figure out how to post pics directly from my IPhone.

I agree the numbers in the end arent important but they are along the way. I keep track to see if I'm still dropping bf or if I need to make adjustments.

Based on this I'm in the 12%-15% range. I wish I could figure out how to post pics directly from my IPhone.

I have an iphone too and suggest sending your pics to your email, from there you can download/upload them to photobucket or a service like that. You should be able to post them then!

I just read the recent thread expressing frustration with people who exaggerate their body fat. I stumbled across the following thread a while back - couple of years back - that I think provides a good visual of the various fat levels. Granted no visual - an not many tests - are that accurate; however, I'm hoping this might clear it up for some. Please give the benefit of the doubt given the source of the thread :)

Here's the thing. Most average guys are walking around out there at around 30% fat. I'm probably pushing 20% right now and I have clear definiton and can see 6 abs when flexed. At 15% I look lean as hell and at anything lower than 10% I look stupid.

Bodybuilding.com Forums - View Single Post - PICS OF BF%'s

So, yeah, the "I'm 265 and 12%" that is stated in such volume seems a little silly to me. There just aren't many guys walking around out there with such stats.

Excellent! This should be made a permanent sticky! I'll bet most of the "I'm at 10% bodyfat" guys, if compared to these pictures, would be above the 20% mark. I myself have recently lost nearly 30 pounds and I'm maybe just barely at 20% now. It's kind of sobering to think that though I lift and think of myself as an athlete, just a few months ago ONE-THIRD of me was nothing but FAT! The truth hurts! Thanks again for this post!

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131