over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Body suddenly reacting badly to TRT

BoredStiff

Registered
After using steroids in my younger years, I'd spent the last maybe 8 years on TRT since I had levels in the 300's and was having major ED. It had worked great, but the past year or two I started having reactions to nearly everything I take. I mean everything, Vitamin D gives me anhedonia, Magnesium gives me really bad depression, I can't drink coffee because my blood sugar crashes, can't take B-Vitamins because they give me horrible anxiety.... I was never like this, I was one of those people that usually needed to double or triple the dose of anything for it to even have effect, so I'm not sure why my body has started behaving like this.

In regards to test, my dose was 50mg split in two, and I noticed that for about 2-3 days post injection I was feeling like I was crawling out of my skin, I couldn't sit still, was very emotional and could barely function because I was completely on edge... I've never had a manic episode, but it sure felt like it, to the point where I went to the ER. I started lowering the dose, more recently getting down to 20mg twice a week, and even such a low dose is still giving me these reactions. I did also try a low dose AI, thinking it might just be an E2 issue, and daily 10mg subq injections, none of which helped at all.

I'm really not sure what to do. I've been off for three months now and no longer having these manic, anxious episodes, but obviously have absolutely no energy, can barely get out of bed, zero sex drive, zero desire for anything, and this has been the case most of the last year as those tiny 20mg doses weren't doing anything positive.

I'm curious if anyone has any insight into why my body might have suddenly started becoming so sensitive to everything? I've had no illnesses (never got the virus, nor the vax) or done anything differently, and my bloodwork is all normal. The doctor who did my bloodwork after I went to the ER, claimed it's just aging and we can't handle things the way we did when we were younger, which seems ridiculous... I'm talking a female TRT dose or a vitamin from my grocery store sending me into near insanity.

I feel like absolute garbage but there isn't much I can do, if I inject even 10mg of test the feeling is almost unbearable, but the thought of never having sex or a relationship again for the rest of my life is pretty brutal being just 40... I've gone on several dates the past year while trying to figure this out, but being pretty much asexual with no energy, and zero function down there, dating is essentially pointless.

I hate asking this, but are you sure your test was real? Was it from a UG or from the pharmacy?

Any chance it was fake or severely under-dosed or something else?

...not saying it was, just throwing anything out there. Sorry you feel this way.

I hate asking this, but are you sure your test was real? Was it from a UG or from the pharmacy?

Any chance it was fake or severely under-dosed or something else?

...not saying it was, just throwing anything out there. Sorry you feel this way.

It was pharma, though towards the end I started taking UG... either way it was the same result.

I guess the thread title was a bit off, it's not really the test itself, it's anything I take.... from a 5000iu vitamin D pill to a cup of Starbucks coffee, my body has just become incredibly sensitive to seemingly everything... the test worries me the most though, as I need it to function.

Will look for bloodwork a bit later, I think my doctor has it unless I saved a copy, the brain fog is severe.

You’re only taking 50mgs a week? When’s the last time you had blood work done?

Worse, 25mg per week. Right before I went off I went as low as 12.5mg twice per week... same over-reaction, felt like my skin was crawling, had to go pace around outside and couldn't calm down, I managed the next two days with a benzo. Just three years ago I was normal, I've never had reactions like this.

Had bloodwork last month. Just realized my doctor has it, this is one of the few times I went to an actual doctor and not just a lab on my own, since I was seriously concerned.

I hate to be an alarmist and I’m obviously not an MD - but it sounds like you may have developed some sort of autoimmune.

You need to get to the doc and have full lab work done.

I hate to be an alarmist and I’m obviously not an MD - but it sounds like you may have developed some sort of autoimmune.

You need to get to the doc and have full lab work done.

No no, please do, even if it's alarming I want to be aware so I can hopefully find answers. I'm paying out of pocket right now so I really have to make each doctor visit count and go in with some information.

Glad you mentioned that, hadn't even considered an autoimmune issue.

Yea, i'd really recommend talking to a good, qualified physician and have them run some tests and labs. As a man, you are going to feel bad with low test, but as to why it makes you feel the way you do, or anything else you mentioned, it's out of my realm of being able to give a qualified response, it would just be more speculation. I'd search well for a good endocrinologist if possible. I know it goes without saying, but try to not fall into the hands of a quack out there.

Good luck and keep us updated:)

Well, let me ask a few more questions....

Are you able to eat regular foods, and stick to healthy foods (or protein shakes if needed) and not feel sick?

If so, keep that end up. Also, stay active with at least some daily cardio, it really does help mentally, and it helps cardiovascular-wise and with sleep. Do not let yourself get out of shape and snowball any depression. Put you first if you can right now.

You able to take a multi-vitamin? Fruits and veges?

If so, get those in for health and well-being.

Since D3 has some sort of negative effect on you, are you able to get out into the sun?

It will be at least a natural way to get it in. Maybe a different brand of D3? Not sure if you tried different brands. Also, not sure if you live where sun is abundant...although, it seems to be summer most everywhere right now.

I guess right now just try to put yourself in a positive position.

Just speaking out loud.

Your having adverse reactions across 5 different classes of compounds. This is probably not going to be an easy diagnosis. Most of it seems like central nervous system but I really have no idea what's going on.

Well, let me ask a few more questions....

Are you able to eat regular foods, and stick to healthy foods (or protein shakes if needed) and not feel sick?

If so, keep that end up. Also, stay active with at least some daily cardio, it really does help mentally, and it helps cardiovascular-wise and with sleep. Do not let yourself get out of shape and snowball any depression. Put you first if you can right now.

You able to take a multi-vitamin? Fruits and veges?

If so, get those in for health and well-being.

Since D3 has some sort of negative effect on you, are you able to get out into the sun?

It will be at least a natural way to get it in. Maybe a different brand of D3? Not sure if you tried different brands. Also, not sure if you live where sun is abundant...although, it seems to be summer most everywhere right now.

I guess right now just try to put yourself in a positive position.

Just speaking out loud.

Thank you!

Yeah what's interesting is I'm only reacting to exogenous things. For example I tried taking 250mg of Magnesium (well below the 400mg I used to take with no problem) and within the hour started feeling really strange, kind of embarrassing but I had a crying spell and felt incredibly depressed. Once that cleared up, I got a similar amount of mag from food through a few meals and felt fine. Same thing with D3, can't take it, but I can be out in the summer sun for a good while and have no issues.

So I feel fine as long as I don't take any supplements, things with caffeine etc. If I could get my test to a somewhat ok, functional level on it's own, even if 400-450, I wouldn't be nearly as worried since I can get every thing else I need from food/sunlight. I might actually try the testicle icing thing to see if I can get any sort of T improvement without an outside source, desperate times.

Any recent life-changing events take place? Any recent break-ups or losses in life?

While this may be unwanted. Looking into the non physical causes me be warranted.

Reactions: Bio
After using steroids in my younger years, I'd spent the last maybe 8 years on TRT since I had levels in the 300's and was having major ED. It had worked great, but the past year or two I started having reactions to nearly everything I take. I mean everything, Vitamin D gives me anhedonia, Magnesium gives me really bad depression, I can't drink coffee because my blood sugar crashes, can't take B-Vitamins because they give me horrible anxiety.... I was never like this, I was one of those people that usually needed to double or triple the dose of anything for it to even have effect, so I'm not sure why my body has started behaving like this.

In regards to test, my dose was 50mg split in two, and I noticed that for about 2-3 days post injection I was feeling like I was crawling out of my skin, I couldn't sit still, was very emotional and could barely function because I was completely on edge... I've never had a manic episode, but it sure felt like it, to the point where I went to the ER. I started lowering the dose, more recently getting down to 20mg twice a week, and even such a low dose is still giving me these reactions. I did also try a low dose AI, thinking it might just be an E2 issue, and daily 10mg subq injections, none of which helped at all.

I'm really not sure what to do. I've been off for three months now and no longer having these manic, anxious episodes, but obviously have absolutely no energy, can barely get out of bed, zero sex drive, zero desire for anything, and this has been the case most of the last year as those tiny 20mg doses weren't doing anything positive.

I'm curious if anyone has any insight into why my body might have suddenly started becoming so sensitive to everything? I've had no illnesses (never got the virus, nor the vax) or done anything differently, and my bloodwork is all normal. The doctor who did my bloodwork after I went to the ER, claimed it's just aging and we can't handle things the way we did when we were younger, which seems ridiculous... I'm talking a female TRT dose or a vitamin from my grocery store sending me into near insanity.

I feel like absolute garbage but there isn't much I can do, if I inject even 10mg of test the feeling is almost unbearable, but the thought of never having sex or a relationship again for the rest of my life is pretty brutal being just 40... I've gone on several dates the past year while trying to figure this out, but being pretty much asexual with no energy, and zero function down there, dating is essentially pointless.
There's a guy on on another message board I'm on that has expressed having many issues similar to yours. Was on TRT and I think went down to literally like 2 mg/day and still felt off and mentioned problems with taking any number of other supplements, feeling amped up, brain fog, anxiety, etc.

I know he's mentioned COMT issues (look up COMT gene mutation and symptoms - appears some of the symptoms are close to what you're experiencing) and methylation issues. Anyways, perhaps a couple things to look into/get tested for.

Have you tried a gel like Androgel? Maybe you are having problems with one of the solvents or the oil used in compounding. Also, vitamin D is in soy bean and corn oil. Androgel does not contain an oil as far as I know.

Your problems are mental, not physical, and I say that because you've made multiple posts like this over the years. You are very very unlikely to be in the sub-1% of men that react strangely to testosterone.

Worse, 25mg per week. Right before I went off I went as low as 12.5mg twice per week... same over-reaction, felt like my skin was crawling, had to go pace around outside and couldn't calm down, I managed the next two days with a benzo. Just three years ago I was normal, I've never had reactions like this.

Had bloodwork last month. Just realized my doctor has it, this is one of the few times I went to an actual doctor and not just a lab on my own, since I was seriously concerned.

Yes, elevating your androgens can make you restless and excited. Now this might sound really weird to you, but when that happens I get into my car and go to this special building with heavy metal things that I pick up and put down. Oddly After 90 minutes I'm really tired and not restless anymore. It is crazy, but I have to do this bizarre ritual multiple times a week.

I second what pickapeck said. Androgel would be a good choice. You may be allergic to the oil in you testosterone.

Your problems are mental, not physical, and I say that because you've made multiple posts like this over the years. You are very very unlikely to be in the sub-1% of men that react strangely to testosterone.
This would be my best bet as well. The odds that he actual has a physiological negative response to not just test but even vitamins and minerals vs that these are psychological, especially since the systems are all either mental or anxiety induced, really would make me thing the root issue is in his mind.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinFinch
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131