over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

bodybuilder vs fitness model

then he didn't take enough hormones OR didn't eat enough OR didn't train properly

How can you guys talk about genetics when someone has all kinds of hormones fluctating in the body? YEs I agree someone can have better back, rounder chest, higher biceps peak or better triceps/delts insertions etc but if you take enough hormones you can get size
Take being said - somone can grow with 2 grams while other needs 4-5 grams, someone can grow on 3000cals while others need 9000-10000 calories, someone can train very high volume while others low to moderate.

I wold really want to chime in some trainers here...Phil, Shelby, John, Dante etc - Have you had any client whoe wanted to get big but you couldn't not help him no matter what you did? Fitness loking guy (lean and fit, not too much muscle) comes to you and says - I want to be a bodybuilder and I'm going to do whatever you say, I want to get there - have you had an examples like this? What were the results at the end?

He used George Farrah as his prep/bulk guy and followed his diet to a tee. His trainer was a well respected ifbb pro as well. So yes genetics plays a huge role as much as you are trying to brush it off. You really think that any fitness model can magically become a legit bber by just adding more aas and eating more? I have seen in person that there are genetic limitations, have you? Let's just agree to disagree on this one. I go by science and real world experience, not just by what someone tells me or what I think is correct.

Last edited:
Doesn't seem possible to be unable to get past 230 @ 6'2". If he's trying to get past 230 while staying at 6% bf, then yeah, that might have been the problem all along. Once you throw in 2-3 grams of AAS, 10iu of gh and insulin usage, it just gets crazy at how much potential mass you can add if you force feed yourself. Staying < 10% bf shouldn't be a huge concern if mass is your goal.

Doesn't seem possible to be unable to get past 230 @ 6'2". If he's trying to get past 230 while staying at 6% bf, then yeah, that might have been the problem all along. Once you throw in 2-3 grams of AAS, 10iu of gh and insulin usage, it just gets crazy at how much potential mass you can add if you force feed yourself. Staying < 10% bf shouldn't be a huge concern if mass is your goal.

That's what I thought too. He should be able to get to at least 250 at that height. But he couldn't even though he trained his ass off, mega dosed, and ate like a pig. Proves that some guys just don't have the genetics to become bbers. FYI, he makes good money still doing photoshoots every once in a blue moon for obscure mags and runs his own business so he's not too upset that he couldn't get his pro card.

Last edited:
He used George Farrah as his prep/bulk guy and followed his diet to a tee. His trainer was a well respected ifbb pro as well. So yes genetics plays a huge role as much as you are trying to brush it off. You really think that any fitness model can magically become a legit bber by just adding more aas and eating more? I have seen in person that there are genetic limitations, have you? Let's just agree to disagree on this one. I go by science and real world experience, not just by what someone tells me or what I think is correct.

Could you pos a pic of him? (face blured)

When I've to ask where is the line between fitness model and bodybuilder? 6'2 and 230 at 5% I would say is BIG fitness model, very big

Gary Strydom weights 229 at 6'2 in this video (the same stats as your friend):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iL41GI7RdJs

Was he a fitness model?

Could you pos a pic of him? (face blured)

When I've to ask where is the line between fitness model and bodybuilder? 6'2 and 230 at 5% I would say is BIG fitness model, very big

Gary Strydom weights 229 at 6'2 in this video (the same stats as your friend):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iL41GI7RdJs

Was he a fitness model?

Really wish I could post pics of him, but I haven't seen him in awhile. I moved about 6 months ago so there isn't really much chance I will see him again unless I travel 100 miles to train with him, lol. Sorry bro.

Genetics. Me and my mate eat the same train the same and use same gear. I look like a fitness model due to frame and joint size. He looks like a big thick bodybuilder

I agree with this i have seen many guys that train eat and supplement similar to bigger guys and never are able to obtain the same size or look as the bigger guy. Thats not to say that they cant gain some good size its just that they will never get that freaky look like bb's do.

Really wish I could post pics of him, but I haven't seen him in awhile. I moved about 6 months ago so there isn't really much chance I will see him again unless I travel 100 miles to train with him, lol. Sorry bro.

I can understand.
But well to tell you the truth it's very hard to believe that someone knows such a personal things (drug usage, foods eating etc) when he is not living with him, but doesn't have even a picture of him especially knowing that he is a fitness model and we live in facebook times :)
Just saying.

There are so much liers/not tellers the real truth or guys whose tells everthying hey need to tell to look good in other eyes, I know it I have many friends like this and actually I'm one of them too lol, actually every single bodybuilder are so - they want to look good in other eyes no matter what. Someone wants to show how hardore he is ant talks how he injects 2cc of this 2cc of that 2cc of that and another 2cc of these and eats so much food you would even not believe 10000calories a day or so, but in reality he skips his injections does 1cc eod ands eats few meals with few shousand cals total, they usually don't lok good but are trying to compensate the look with effort they put in it
While other I would say big guys are the oposite they are druged insanely eats non stop, but when you ask him what he does he says he takes only 1cc of test and 1cc of deca a week and eats mcdonalds few times a day and have a protein shake pwo.
You'll never know what others do if you are not sitting with him 24 hours/day. Too much liers to believe everything everyne is saying.

My old trainer Wesley, Iron Addict (RIP) wrote an article on true 'hardgainers'. IA says he had up to 70 personal training clients at any given time. In his article (and on his forum) he mentioned that every now and then he would come across a client that he just couldn't get past a certain size. These guys were usually major ectomorphs that just wouldn't grow well no matter what they did.

That's me, I've trained every way conceivable over the years, up to 1 gram , heavy, light you name it.

Don't get me wrong, I went from 140 to an increasingly lean 215 thanks to myo and GH and I have a good body but I don't think anyone really knows I work out.

Plenty of guys were born with my physique, if I started at this point I'd be huge.

I agree with this i have seen many guys that train eat and supplement similar to bigger guys and never are able to obtain the same size or look as the bigger guy. Thats not to say that they cant gain some good size its just that they will never get that freaky look like bb's do.

Yep, you just look like you eat too much pie and people make fat jokes.

You are a big boy, but nobody thinks you lift weights.

Been there.

diet, fitness models focus on staying lean and trim all year round, bodybuilders dont have to and necessarily could have both a high and low calorie period in there year, but then again bodybuilders could ahve a diet that keeps them lean all year round, more personal choice

training: honestly can be very similar to bodybuilding, its still hypertrophy training aimed, maybe with some more flexibility, for fitness models legs maybe are less emphasized with things like abs, arms, shoulders, chest having greater value

drugs: we could argue bodybuilders drug regime could be greater, but it doesnt necessarily mean it always is,
in general bodybuilders would be more likely to use more drugs in order to seek more size, but doesnt mean they all do, im sure alot of fitness models/bodybuilders use equal amounts od drugs, or fitness models could use more in some cases

IN REALITY, there isnt much of a key difference between bodybuilders and fitness models diet/training/drug regime, its really actually jus genetics

fitness models tend to have a different structure to bodybuilders, while the ideal bodybuilders structure is different to a fitness model

Diet: really is dictated by metabalism, if the fitness models metabalism is fast he could easily consume more calories and junk then alot fo bodybuilders, and vice versa

Drugs: personal choice and response, some fitness models may choose to abuse large amounts to stay lean, ripped, and hard, while others may opt or require less, the same goes for bodybuilders

training: they both aim for hypertrophy, only thing is bodybuilders seek a different balance fo muscle mass to fitness models, but again genetics will determine this, you could train just like a bodybuilder and in the end of the day still look like a fitness model if your genetics are preferential for fitness modeling

hope this clears things up

THE ONLY THING i would argue are key differences, is bodybuilding at higher levels would use more likely to use high doses of GH, insulin and steroids, training wise bodybuilders would def focus more on legs, but again this is only if they have the leg genetics to begin with, and diet bodybuilders would more then likely consume more calories or have a high/low calorie period for there on/offeason
That was perfect!imo

Regarding bodybuilder of today, no way i would like to look like them, mainly because of the enlarged gut and being very ugly during off season. But for the show this is very impressive.

I would much prefer to look like bodybuilder of 70's, :) but being a true ectomorph and using only AAS, i much look like a big fitness models instead of a small bodybuilder...

Cutting as low as dying with masteron help to get a look like bodybuilder but well...but well, clothed, i'm not big and impressive at all. :banghead:

Wtf....that can't be more from the truth...

Go look up real fitness models. James Ellis, James Alexander Ellis,Rob Riches...tell me they don't have legs.

They are prob photo shopped legs Fitness models are a joke there should never let them compete in the world of bodybuilding a bodybuilder works his ass off with blood sweat and tears a fitness guy is someone who has naturally lean genetics to begin with. I hate the fact they let friggin guys with board shorts go on stage and 90% of the ones I have seen in this Physique class bs could never compete in the world of bodybuilding so they do physique bc they don't have legs or they don't want to work them. I as a Bodybuilding competitor hate that I friggin have to wait longer the day of my show bc a mo fo in board shorts has to show his gayness to the world and prance around on stage. Just like bikini is nice to look at but no buisness being with bodybuilding shows they should put physique men and bikini in the same shows.

They are prob photo shopped legs Fitness models are a joke there should never let them compete in the world of bodybuilding a bodybuilder works his ass off with blood sweat and tears a fitness guy is someone who has naturally lean genetics to begin with. I hate the fact they let friggin guys with board shorts go on stage and 90% of the ones I have seen in this Physique class bs could never compete in the world of bodybuilding so they do physique bc they don't have legs or they don't want to work them. I as a Bodybuilding competitor hate that I friggin have to wait longer the day of my show bc a mo fo in board shorts has to show his gayness to the world and prance around on stage. Just like bikini is nice to look at but no buisness being with bodybuilding shows they should put physique men and bikini in the same shows.

Tell us how you really feel.....

Should've been at the show I was at tonite...the physique guys would have fit right into the middles and lt.heavys

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear