over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Bodybuilding wisdom you've gained over the years

Mine is if nothing changes nothing will change. More weight, more reps, more food,more gear. If you want to build. You always need to progress to grow. It's a good life lesson as well.

If you’re executing the movements correctly, training to failure or close to it and recovered in time to train the body part again and your nutrition is on point then you’ll grow.

Progressive overload isn’t just more weight or reps.

The log book isn’t a bible. It’s simply data and most people use it wrong.

I can recover from far more than I thought was possible when I was younger.

What one is willing to do consistently works the best.
Basics cover most everything.
Micromanaging doesn't always go the way you plan.
The rest is personal preference.
But in my next 50 years of lifting i may change my mind on some things. But that is what i garnered after the first 50.

One thing Iv learned the hard way. If you’re tired, burned out or injured it’s perfectly ok to take breaks from the gym. Im nearly two months off from training and aas right now to let several nagging injuries heal and to give my body a break from aas and hgh. It’s ok to come off steroids completely from time to time. I actually it’s mentally and physically healthy to take a break. Your gains won’t disappear over night if youv been at it for decades. Muscle memory is a legitimate thing.

Holy smokes, what do you eat? Is that from vegetables or supplemental or combination? I've been doing quite a bit of research on fiber the last few days, plethora of benefits. I didn't even realize that people recommend upping fiber according to calorie.
All from the diet. I eat a 300 calorie Halo Top every day which has tons of fiber, lots of fruits and veggies, oatmeal, avocado, almonds etc. It adds up

Thank you, I've noticed exactly what you have. I felt crazy for asking, but there has been a push in USA of low fiber diets to keep appetite high and digestion fast and just wanted your thoughts.
Its crazy to see it advocated but I fell for it for years now, wondering why I keep having hypoglycemia issues 😂

Holy smokes, what do you eat? Is that from vegetables or supplemental or combination? I've been doing quite a bit of research on fiber the last few days, plethora of benefits. I didn't even realize that people recommend upping fiber according to calorie.
I should probably read more up on fiber. My bowel movements are fine but in mfp I'm only getting about 20g a day. Not shocking because I keep carbs under 100g but would probably benefit from more. I know there are two types souble and insoluble but always forget which one we want. Also heard that fiber in things like low calorie wraps and quest bars is crap and we shouldn't count it...no idea if true

Thank you, I've noticed exactly what you have. I felt crazy for asking, but there has been a push in USA of low fiber diets to keep appetite high and digestion fast and just wanted your thoughts.
Its crazy to see it advocated but I fell for it for years now, wondering why I keep having hypoglycemia issues 😂

Basing the diet around high protein, high fibre and healthy fats is good practice in general.

Good LCHF and good HCLF diets have a lot in common. Just depends where you get the rest of your energy from.

I should probably read more up on fiber. My bowel movements are fine but in mfp I'm only getting about 20g a day. Not shocking because I keep carbs under 100g but would probably benefit from more. I know there are two types souble and insoluble but always forget which one we want. Also heard that fiber in things like low calorie wraps and quest bars is crap and we shouldn't count it...no idea if true

Presumably you're doing higher fats?

How is your cholesterol?

What one is willing to do consistently works the best.
Basics cover most everything.
Micromanaging doesn't always go the way you plan.
The rest is personal preference.
But in my next 50 years of lifting i may change my mind on some things. But that is what i garnered after the first 50.
50 more years?

I don’t know man . . . the first fifty was enough for me.

Absolutely. The benefits of fiber are tremendous and most people don't even think about it. I get 70g per day in my diet.
All from whole foods (fruits/veggies/oatmeal/etc...) or do you use things like oat fiber, psyllium husk, or high fiber wraps/bagels/etc.. with oat fiber added into it (those high fiber things like xtreme wellness wraps)?

All from whole foods (fruits/veggies/oatmeal/etc...) or do you use things like oat fiber, psyllium husk, or high fiber wraps/bagels/etc.. with oat fiber added into it (those high fiber things like xtreme wellness wraps)?
All from the diet. I eat a 300 calorie Halo Top every day which has tons of fiber, lots of fruits and veggies, oatmeal, avocado, almonds etc. It adds up

Presumably you're doing higher fats?

How is your cholesterol?
High protein, 100 or so carbs, 40-50g fat. Every 3-4 days I'll have a high day bump carbs up to 500. Cholesterol has always been fine only use 350,,mg prop

50 more years?

I don’t know man . . . the first fifty was enough for me.
I keep asking guys when enough is enough. But there is no consensus. 50 may be optimistic. Pretty much all the longevity calculators only give me 30 more. But i assume as long as i can still walk i will walk into a gym as that is what i do. Just like an old plow horse once you put the harness on them they just start to pull as that is what they do.

For every 10g increase in fiber, there is a 10% reduction in the risk of mortality (according to a large meta analysis with over a million people).

For every 10g increase in fiber, there is a 10% reduction in the risk of mortality (according to a large meta analysis with over a million people).

I've got 60g planned for today, let's see how it feels. I've done around 50-60g back in 2021 and I don't recall any issues.

You seem more like a vegan, non gmo, ethically sourced, organic soy latte for $13 at Starbucks kinda guy 👍
Good one but WTF is ethically sourced? Sounds like something you picked up off some fat green hair Tinder date.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws