over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Bread and Butter of how to maintain gains post cycle

Cman34677

Registered
1) Keep protein intake high

2) Keep calories high (clean if possible to avoid fat gain)

3) Lower training volume somewhat, but dont stop working out, maybe take an extra day or so off the first few weeks of post cycle

4) Still stick with low reps high weight and fairly low volume

5) Creatine, 5-10g per day

6) Glutamine 10-20g per day

7) HCG at the end of your cycle (huge difference IMO in post cycle recovery)

8) Clomid, nolvadex

9) Lots of sleep

10) Avoid alcohol, and other recreational drugs (especially drugs like mdma, coke, speed, ritalin, adderall, etc. although if hopefully this isnt even an issue with you, but I figured I'd mention it).

11) Avoid alot of cardio

12) Follow the 120-150 Rule, meaning eat every 120-150 minutes (2-2.5 hrs) Don't let yourself go very long without a meal (always include protein in that meal whether it be from food or a shake...food is always better though)

13) Take ZMA on a nightly basis. This difference is prob minor but isn't a bad idea as I find I get a better night sleep on it, and insufficient zinc in one's diet can cause low testosterone levels.

14) Avoid stress, you want to keep cortisol to a minimum post cycle.

15) Control cortisol with phosphatidylserine , 800-1200 mg per day roughly reduces cortisol levels by 30-45 % , then add in 2-5 gms of vit c

16) The use of clenbuterol can be useful , beta agonists in the muscles helps increase protein synthesis, but I don't use it pct so I can't speak for it personally.

17) Winstrol is beneficial in the last couple weeks of a cycle because it is a very mild AAS in terms of its affect on HTPA, plus it'll help you lean out a bit at the end (get rid of some water retention, etc) and make the gains that you have made more solidified.

18) Arginine and Citruline can be very useful post cycle...thats right NO2 supplements. Now whether or not you have gotten the hyped up gains that they claim is dependent on you, but Arginine and Citruline do infact cause nitrogen retention, which is very important during your pct.

Last edited:
I wouldn't use hcg post cycle.Unless you meant towards the end leading into pct. I m thinking of adding proviron at the end of my next cycle as it will shift the estrogen to testosterone racial leading into a good transition to PCT.

Last edited:
dragonfire101 said:
I wouldn't use hcg post cycle.Unless you meant towards the end leading into pct. I m thinking of adding proviron at the end of my next cycle as it will shift the estrogen to testosterone racial leading into a good transition to PCT.
I agree. HCG simulates LH in body and in turn will keep your HPTA shut down, which is COUNTERPRODUCTIVE of PCT/Recovery. It's good to take during a cycle and as DF stated - at very end of cycle. http://www.professionalmuscle.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1190

All the other things look good, but I say use creatine ethyl ester as it's FAR MORE effective than regular creatine monohydrate.

Not sure I agree about winny benefits as many suffer sides and don't like it. I do believe it's important to switch to all fast-acting gear for last 2-3 weeks (depending on what you've been taking) - e.g., to test prop or suspension, along with winny or var. This will allow you to effectively begin PCT SOON after your cycle. If you're on EQ or deca, you need to wait 2-3 weeks after cessation to effectively begin PCT!

dragonfire101 said:

sorry, thats what I meant....I didn't think that very many people still were silly enough to use it during pct anymore....but I edited it just for clarification

:D

I like to use clen post cycle, find it helps a little bit. IronMike

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
mp18201
NapsGear