over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

bypassing the "pump"???

alan1973

Kilo Klub Member
here in Japan there is a new craze (for at least a year of so) going on where folks are putting bands on their biceps when they work out and then remove them after the lifting. they are also doing it on their legs near the hip.
They are purposefully cutting off their circulation...kinda like that wrestler in the 80s used to do....You know, the ultimate warrior.
I searched this site for info using any keyword I could think of but got nowhere and then i did a Google search...usually I am good with google, but my search turned up nothing.
Have you guys heard of it??

Last edited:
There was something written about that in MD a few mths ago Ill try and dig it up but i think it was to hold the blood in the muscle longer kinda like a c$%k ring !!!!:eek:

I can't remember the exact term used but it was supposed to work the muscle better or something by restricting the amount of blood flow/oxygen to it. There was a write up about it in MD about a year ago, it was one of those controlled tests where they showed like a 1% increase in strength after 10 weeks of training over the group training normally.

This is a pretty obscure reference, and I hate to admit that I've seen this, but in the workout portion of the 300 DVD, it shows how they trained and a big part of their training method was a much more mild approach to what people are trying to achieve with the bands.

They would get a pump at one end of the body, say by doing bicep curls, some type of upper body press, etc, then do sprints, kettle bells, lower body work.

I don't quite recall the science behind it. If anyone has an article, I would appreciate it.

Could it be occulsion training? Eh, that's probably not it.

It is known as occlusion training. Google it as there is quite a bit out there about it.

they call it Kaatsu training here. it was also in a recently advertisement in one of my wife's japanese fashion mags.
I wanted to hear what the sane world thought of it.
i found this medical publication that goes against it
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18213536

It's basically where you cut the blood off to the muscle. When you cut the blood off, you also cut oxygen off the muscle, therefore you're able to cause muscle breakdown with nowhere near the poundage you would normally use.

I don't know, sounds like weird science to me. Who said you even had to cause muscle breakdown to gain muscular hypertrophy? WTF do you think AAS do? They prevent the muscle breakdown so when it's time to recover you are that much more ahead of the game.

What's next bodybuilders doing 405 pound squats with a plastic bag over their head and rubber banded around the neck?

Last edited:
i've recently read about this in a body building magazine. The funny thing is , is that for the last year or two i've been wearing a wrist band around my right forearm. Right under my elbow. Now i noticed that there are alot more veins showing on that arm and i'm also a little stronger with that arm too.

i no longer wear it anymore because sometimes when i would get a pump going , that arm would start to hurt. Kinda like too much of a pump in that arm.

I also never even heard of this type of training till the other weak. I just wore it for looks....

I don't know, sounds like weird science to me. Who said you even had to cause muscle breakdown to gain muscular hypertrophy? WTF do you think AAS do? They prevent the muscle breakdown so when it's time to recover you are that much more ahead of the game.

What's next bodybuilders doing 405 pound squats with a plastic bag over their head and rubber banded around the neck?

This made me laugh my ass off!

i've recently read about this in a body building magazine. The funny thing is , is that for the last year or two i've been wearing a wrist band around my right forearm. Right under my elbow. Now i noticed that there are alot more veins showing on that arm and i'm also a little stronger with that arm too.

i no longer wear it anymore because sometimes when i would get a pump going , that arm would start to hurt. Kinda like too much of a pump in that arm.

I also never even heard of this type of training till the other weak. I just wore it for looks....

I stopped wearing mine too.

Attachments

• richard_simmons_5334993.jpg
    richard_simmons_5334993.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 852
I don't see any professional bodybuilders standing on stage. That's gotta tell you something.

i believe its called tournaquit (spelling) training. The articles i have reade just sound utterly retarded and i wouldnt waste my time.

i believe its called tournaquit (spelling) training. The articles i have reade just sound utterly retarded and i wouldnt waste my time.

i think that you're right. for those who listen/go on rxmuscle, jimmy the bull is an advocate of this type of training for biceps.

They are training using outdated information, this theory developed after findings that showed under heavy contractions, blood flow to the worked muscle is severely restricted or cut off completely. The initial theory then was that the more blood supply that was cut off the larger the growth and this has since been proven wrong, cut off blood supply has nothing to due with it.

I always train with a c#&k ring around my neck which holds the plastic bag around my head works like a charm lol I notice a lot of football players wearing some sort of band around their upper arms what the hell is that.. So their veins look more pumped up or what?

yeah i wouldnt reccomend this, you know your gonna have one dumbass that leaves it on for and hour and causes permanent damage like a tourniqute would..........I do remember reading something where is causes more hgh to be released naturally.......cant say for 100% though

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear